The New Am I The Only One Thread

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of sad that shows have to make a special point to bring up the fact they're scripted in their promos now? Has reality and "live" TV really become such a big thing that we have to further differentiate other fiction-based shows from them?
*bites tongue concerning comparisons between politics and reality tv*

mr3urious

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks the Piece Police from The Puzzle Place could be related to the Swedish Chef? :hungry: They have covered eyes and are largely unintelligible, but lack human hands.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Am I the only one who hates reboots of old cartoons?
(seriously, it sure seems like it, even in my own family!)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Reboots, remakes, and rehashes in general are just so stale and passe by this point (well, actually, they have been for years), but if they at least recapture the spirit of the original source material, I'll at least give it a chance; ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS is far superior to those awful movies Fox has been putting out, because at least the original creative people are more involved with the show than they were the movies.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Am I the only one who hates reboots of old cartoons?
(seriously, it sure seems like it, even in my own family!)
Only if handled with care. If it can give the show some new life and do some interesting things that the original never got to do, or undo the damage that past incarnations did, then I'm all for it. For one, there was a He-Man reboot from 2003 that went in a darker direction and added more depth to characters -- most notably giving Skeletor a proper origin story -- yet got cancelled all too soon at only 39 episodes. And if it went on further, we could have probably seen She-Ra and her team appear, too.

And I'm cautiously optimistic about that new Muppet Babies show, as it has Tom Warburton (Sheep in the Big City, Codename: Kids Next Door) as exec. producer, so maybe we could see Mo Willems bring his witty writing style to that show, too. Animaniacs to a lesser extent as I feel that it kinda ran its course, but if the writers can make use of ideas they never got to use originally and if Spielberg can keep the original fans in mind when making it, then that's cool.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Only if handled with care. If it can give the show some new life and do some interesting things that the original never got to do, or undo the damage that past incarnations did, then I'm all for it. For one, there was a He-Man reboot from 2003 that went in a darker direction and added more depth to characters -- most notably giving Skeletor a proper origin story -- yet got cancelled all too soon at only 39 episodes. And if it went on further, we could have probably seen She-Ra and her team appear, too.
I can understand that, but my biggest issue is that when the new versions become popular, it makes it harder to find stuff about the old version. Case in point, "My Little Pony." I love the original MLP, but I don't care for the new one, "MLP: Friendship is Magic" (aka FIM). I hunt for old commercials on YouTube constantly. I type in "My Little Pony Commercials 1980's," and I still have to sift through several pages regarding FIM before I get to the 1980's ones, and it takes forever. That's what gets me frustrated about new versions.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Really, one of the reasons the FIM version is so popular is because it was created by the wife of the creator of Powerpuff Girls.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Am I the only one who:

- doesn't like hot dogs?
- likes cookie dough more than baked cookies?
- isn't too bothered by the smell of skunk spray?
- has somewhat of a fixation with clocks (cuckoo clocks, grandfather clocks, etc.)?
- likes Fanboy and Chum Chum?
- doesn't really care for the original Madagascar, but LOVES Madagascar 3 and likes the Penguins of Madagascar show?
- doesn't hate Scrappy Doo?
- hates most of Johnny Test but actually likes the first season?
- enjoys watching Dorbees ironically (because it's hilariously bad)?
- loves the Sonic R soundtrack?
- likes (most of) the US Sonic CD soundtrack? (A lot of people hate it and like the Japanese soundtrack better)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
- I prefer hamburgers, but I don't mind a hot dog from time to time.
- Six of one, half a dozen of another.
- I guess so, I don't know who else isn't bothered by it.
- I like clocks too.
- What and who who?
- I like THE SANTA CLAUSE 2, but can't really tolerate the first or third movies.
- I never really hated him either.
- Never watched the show.
- I like the songs.
- Dunno.
- Dunno.