The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, because it's long been considered socially unacceptable, as sweatpants have been.

And yet, somehow, people are okay with people wearing pajamas in public. How is that not dorky?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm.... Guilty of wearing sweat pants alot. And pajamas in public. :stick_out_tongue: usually if it's the weekend and I'm at home.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wear sweatpants when it's below 70, but I never go out in public in my jammies or undies, because . . . why? I mean, has America become that lazy that they can't dress themselves before they step out the door?

I'm not kidding, on two separate occasions, I've seen people out in not only their jammies, but their bathrobes and slippers as well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I lived by myself though when I was in college, and my apartment got very messy.... So yeah, I'm guilty of not dressing up before going out. :stick_out_tongue: unless it's to school or a friend's house.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I wear sweatpants when it's below 70, but I never go out in public in my jammies or undies, because . . . why? I mean, has America become that lazy that they can't dress themselves before they step out the door?

I'm not kidding, on two separate occasions, I've seen people out in not only their jammies, but their bathrobes and slippers as well.
It seemed to start way back when, people stopped tucking in their shirts, and things unravelled from there.

I went through a sweatpants phase, but not anymore. Maybe taking a little more pride looking neat in the public. Not necessarily dressed to the nines, but not looking like I just rolled out of bed either.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo

I don't suppose you were one of those sloppy guys back in the college days?

Wearing PJ's all day, dorm room a mess, etc.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It seemed to start way back when, people stopped tucking in their shirts, and things unravelled from there.
Tucked-in shirts are very restricting . . . plus, they're not a good look for fat guys, like me.
I went through a sweatpants phase, but not anymore. Maybe taking a little more pride looking neat in the public.
Well, I mean, I wear nice polos when the weather's warm, or nice sweaters when it's cool, so it's not like I don't make an effort to look somewhat presentable.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well.....
Did go through a sloppy phase in college, my dorm roommate wasn't much better. I guess a lot of people do.

But at my age now, I hate clutter. I kinda need things to be in their place. I got a little caddy on my nightstand so I always know where my keys, wallet, and phone are.

I still dress pretty casual. Jeans, T-shirt (I still have a crap load of tie-dyes). Nothing too fancy.

Actually, way back in 1989, when I worked for Penney's, Dockers just came out, and they had pants made out of this material called pebblecloth. Softest, most comfortable pants I ever wore. I thought, I'd never wear jeans again! Spoke too soon.

I'm not big on polo shirts (maybe it's the collar) but I love Henleys..
Collarless shirts with three buttons down the front. That's my look.

Had a bunch of turtlenecks way back when, maybe they'll make a comeback.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can tell you this.

When I was at Landmark college five years ago, oh man. My roommate/one of my best friends Mike and I just let the place become a disaster. Thankfully we always had a day where we'd clean up.

It also didn't help that friends kept leaving **** in our room that we had to put up a warning sign. :grr: