The New Am I The Only One Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I still never understood that. They're just best friends and nothing more! Heck, I don't know any skits where they've been romantically involved with anyone. They're just puppet's for Christ sake.:rolleyes:
Well, i've never seen Ernie and Bert as being romantically involved. They're clearly modeled after a more older sibling, younger sibling type relationship. If they were partners, than I think they would be a very dysfunctional couple. However, the whole "They're just puppets!" argument never made much sense to me. Miss Piggy and Kermit, Gonzo and Camilla, lots of other Muppets have been shown to be in relationships or have crushes. On Sesame Street, Abby, Elmo, Rosita, Snuffy, even Stinky have all had crushes on other characters (usually Maria or Gina). The Count is dating The Countess, Oscar is dating Grundgetta.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, i've never seen Ernie and Bert as being romantically involved. They're clearly modeled after a more older sibling, younger sibling type relationship. If they were partners, than I think they would be a very dysfunctional couple. However, the whole "They're just puppets!" argument never made much sense to me. Miss Piggy and Kermit, Gonzo and Camilla, lots of other Muppets have been shown to be in relationships or have crushes. On Sesame Street, Abby, Elmo, Rosita, Snuffy, even Stinky have all had crushes on other characters (usually Maria or Gina). The Count is dating The Countess, Oscar is dating Grundgetta.
I think that argument came in when people were getting all iffy over the duo potentially being homosexual and other fans just having enough brought that in just to get them to shut up.

It is funny you mention that, though. I don't think I've ever heard ANYONE complain about the Count and Countess being a couple, or Forgetful Jones and Clementine being a couple or Kermit and Miss Piggy, etc.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who gets bugged by emoji's?

Sorry but I find them to be very dumb, overrated and just stupid. Especially that annoying laughing face with the tears; that one is SO overused.

I also feel like alot of people who overuse them honestly aren't very intelligent, as biased as I may sound.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not too much, they seem to be like the next step above just regular smileys/emoticons.

What bugs me is that some people out there actually thought emojis had the potential to be made into a movie. :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I blame all the annoying 21st century teenagers who have no clue what life is actually like for that movie.

To think Pop Eye got scrapped for that....

(Wow, I definitely think I'm going to be a grumpy old man in the near future). :stick_out_tongue:

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Quickly moving away from politics now...

Am I the only one who isn't surprised that the Julie doll was a flop? Compared to Worlds of Wonder's previous success, Teddy Ruxpin, she looked like she would scare the crap out of little girls. Along with the My Buddy doll, Julie was likely the other inspiration for Chucky.

And unlike the commercial above, Julie spoke with a synthesized voice á la the Speak & Spell. At least with Teddy, you had pre-recorded voices on cassettes. And she apparently wasn't very rugged either, as this YouTube video demonstrates.

worlds of wonder, whatever happened to that toy company ?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I blame all the annoying 21st century teenagers who have no clue what life is actually like for that movie.

To think Pop Eye got scrapped for that....

(Wow, I definitely think I'm going to be a grumpy old man in the near future). :stick_out_tongue:
Join the club. I'll make room for ya!
Actually if I was going to be grumpy, or old, it would've happened by now. But it hasn't.

It just blows my mind about the intelligence or mindset of some young people today.
On the news not too long ago, there were some college students protesting Trump building the wall.
One reporter asked one of the kids "Well, which states would be affected the most?"
The kid (college kid, mind you) had to think a minute...
"...is Canada a state?"

For those that slept through 5th grade geography, the answer would be California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas. Canada didn't make the cut.

That one kid's answer speaks volumes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Doesn't do well for their "Snowflake Generation" image either.

But then again, things like this also show the ignorance of Trump's supporters as well: remember here a while back when NPR (I think it was NPR) shared excerpts of the Declaration of Indepence on social media, and not only did Trump supporters (who claim to be the most patriotic Americans) didn't even recognize the document, but they accused NPR of spreading political propaganda.

In all seriousness though, I not only blame today's technology, but I also blame what's out there to influence kids, like SpongeBob: I swear SpongeBob melts brain cells - absolutely stupid, idiotic, mindnumbing show, and yet it's been kids' favorite show for the past nearly twenty years.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
In all seriousness though, I not only blame today's technology, but I also blame what's out there to influence kids, like SpongeBob: I swear SpongeBob melts brain cells - absolutely stupid, idiotic, mindnumbing show, and yet it's been kids' favorite show for the past nearly twenty years.
Go ahead and call me a moron, but I find Spongebob to be a hilarious show, especially the earlier seasons. If there's one show that REALLY melts brain cells, it's Teletubbies.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Oh, Drtooth, if you were still here, you could go to town listing all the brain cell-melting tv crap out there.

Honey Boo Boo still gets the nod for me.