The New Am I The Only One Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds pc gaming overrated and secretly may or may not need a safe space when consoles are insulted?

Okay, latter half is a joke but I do get bugged by "PC master race"; at least console games you can pick up a console and play a game whereas PC's have to be built a certain way for the game to be compatible and they have more bugs than consoles.

*Sigh* I miss Windows 95/98.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds tomatoes and mushrooms gross and onions overrated?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only one of those I truly hate are tomatoes . . . well, raw tomatoes anyway . . . otherwise, I like ketchup, and I really like tomato bisque soup, but that's about it. I like mushrooms very much, but only if they're fresh from the produce section, and not that canned junk that most people use in cooking. Onions? It's hard to find a good one, but I've found the smaller and flatter they are, they're not as overpowering.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Raw tomatoes don't agree with me, because of the texture and acid in them. My whole life, cannot eat them without gagging.
Once they're cooked, they're fine. Sun dried tomatoes are also good.
Taking the moisture out removes the slimy feel.

We have different types of mushrooms where I work- crimini, shiitake, portobello, oyster- but unlike tomatoes, they taste better raw than cooked.

Onions? Sweet yellow ones like Vidalia have a mild taste, raw or cooked. Red onions can be a little harsh.
I was never a big onion fan. Now I can't eat a burger without them.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Am I the only one who used to extremely disturbed by the SpongeBob scene where Squidward chokes on a fork? It wasn't scary or anything, I just thought it was really gross and disturbing. I remember I would always change the channel whenever it would come when I was a kid. But the weird thing is:Most of the infamous grossout scenes from SpongeBob never bothered me. The toenail scene, the one where Patrick eats a moldy Krabby Patty out of SpongeBob's ear, SpongeBob getting his spikey boots stuck in the strangler guy's eyes, and other similar ones didn't phase me at all. Considering I grew up to be a fan of Happy Tree Friends, which crosses every line you can think of with grossness in one season, that isn't too surprising. But honestly, that fork scene still makes me cringe to this day (and it's pretty tame compared to some of the stuff they show on SpongeBob nowadays).