The New Am I The Only One Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Who else thinks this guy should've made more appearances?:

I remember when this was brand new, around 1970-71 or so.
Even as a little kid I thought he was cool as can be. Little did I know I'd grow up looking like him!
My hair is darker, but we have the same lavender skin.8)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I actually have thought the same thing.

Am I the only one who actually likes Steve Harvey?
Steve Harvey blew it big time when he announced the wrong winner of the Miss Universe pageant (or was it Miss America? I can't keep up).

Still trying to host Family Feud and fill Richard Dawson's shoes is not an easy fit. Greg Proops, Richard Karn (and the other guy who passed away some time back) have tried, but Dawson cast a large shadow.
Steve seems to have made the show his own, and I'm amazed how risque some of the questions have become. "Booty" has become a staple.

The one thing consistent with Family Feud, no matter who hosted,
Whenever the family is asked, "Name a food that gets stuck in your teeth", and Cousin Elmer gives a bonehead answer like " Jello!",
the family has to give a long, awkward silent pause, then rally around the brain-defunct kinfolk. "Good answer!", they clap as they're wishing they could crawl away and die.

BUZZZZ!!!!! Third strike. Thanks, Elmer. Those three years of 5th grade really paid off.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The one thing consistent with Family Feud, no matter who hosted,
Whenever the family is asked, "Name a food that gets stuck in your teeth", and Cousin Elmer gives a bonehead answer like " Jello!",
the family has to give a long, awkward silent pause, then rally around the brain-defunct kinfolk. "Good answer!", they clap as they're wishing they could crawl away and die.
True. Like more recently:

STEVE HARVEY: Give me a word that comes after "pork."
COUSIN ELMER: "Upine!"
STEVE HARVEY: Huh?
COUSIN ELMER: "Upine!"
STEVE HARVEY: (Derp face)
AUNT ANNIE: GOOD ANSWER! GOOD ANSWER!

But I don't think anything can top the Richard Dawson era of when Dickie asked someone for an animal with three letters in its name, and ol' grandpa answers, "Alligator!"

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks The Orville actually looks like a well thought out, non Seth MacFarlane-ish show from the trailers. I personally think it may be his first show that doesn't appeal to immature teens who act like Beavis and Butt-Head