1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The New Am I The Only One Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by MikaelaMuppet, Jan 2, 2017.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Never heard of it, but then again, I don't have Amazon, so I don't know what they're putting out, other than it sounds like they finally gave Sid & Marty Krofft the okay for their new SIGMUND AND THE SEA MONSTERS series.

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I thought that show had already been out for like a year.

3. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who noticed that the back of Rizzo's jacket said "The Ratty Duke Show" on "Muppets Tonight?"

4. D'Snowth

No, they just did a pilot, they've been waiting all this time for it to go to series, which it finally did.

They have, however, had like an eight-episode miniseries reboot of ELECTRAWOMAN & DYNAGIRL, however, but I forget which service streamed that one.

5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

So, @D'Snowth can, of course, back me up on this one, but um....

From watching some of his Steve videos, am I the only one who thinks there's a smaaaaaaaaall hint of a Richard Hunt-esque voice in it? (Assuming that was your intention).

...maybe I'm just thinking that cause Steve looks like the purple monster from the Frazzletones.

6. D'Snowth

When I very first started performing Steve prior to getting on YouTube, yeah, I tried to sound like Richard a little, mainly because I was a dumb teenager at the time, and I was certain that I'd be performing on SST one day, and that Steve would eventually become my signature character (much like how Steve Whitmire played around with a rat puppet he found in a box and it became Rizzo). Overtime however, as I grew into the character and tried shifting away from trying to be like the Muppets to being more myself, I eventually just started pitching my own voice higher and adding a bit of a neurotic twang for a childlike quality, and that's Steve's voice.

7. LittleJerry92

The dream of performing Steve on Sesame Street (which sounds cool) reminds me of when my 18-year-old self wanted to start a DVD company in hopes of getting Sesame Workshop giving me the license to release all of the seasons on DVD uncut.

6 years later, I just find myself stupid thinking that, even if it would be a dream come true.

D'Snowth likes this.
  8. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who has ever related to a character on a show and then claimed I 'hated them' because their situation was eerily similar to mine? (I related to Todoroki from My Hero Academia but, I'm not sure many peeps on this forum let alone this site like anime :p)

9. LittleJerry92

Am I the only one who honestly likes going to chick fill a putting their views aside? I mean, their chicken is awesome.

10. D'Snowth

Hear! Hear!

However, I won't be shopping at Hobby Lobby - which has always been one of my go-to places for art and craft supplies - since they endorsed and contributed to Trump's campaign; not to mention they've been getting busted for shady business practices lately.

DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  11. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Where are you going to shop now?

12. LittleJerry92

Am I the only one who honestly prefers Kenny Loggins' cover of "One Small Voice" over the original?

Sorry, but I kiiiiiiinda have a bit of a weakness for slow melody pop songs that many of which you would hear in the end credits of a movie.

#noregrets

13. MikaelaMuppet

I prefer the version with Elmo and The Backstreet Boys instead. Don't know why, but I just do.

DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  14. D'Snowth

Jo-Ann. Or even Walmart's craft department.

15. MikaelaMuppet

Walmart has a craft department now?

16. ErinAardvark

I LOVE Chick-Fil-A! Especially in the summer when they serve peach milkshakes!

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  17. ErinAardvark

I don't know about yours, but my Wal-Mart has always had a crafts department.

18. MikaelaMuppet

I haven't been to Wal-Mart in years, sorry.

19. LittleJerry92

I just have a love for chicken, and at the end of the day, I just try to ignore their views because the employees are just regular human beings like the rest of us with their own issues in life.

20. D'Snowth

Same. Buffalo wyngs are the only spicy thing I will willingly ingest, and even so, there better be plenty of liquid on hand depending on how hot they are.