The NEW Epic Muppet Film Trailer Released!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Love the site, man! Really cool! I love the Jim Henson's Dead song. That's real nice. Haven't watched the trailer yet, the TMS original opener is taking forever!!!:big_grin:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by murgatoad
The truth is, Walt Disney, throughout his career, had more courage, talent and creative integrity in his little finger than Jim Henson had in his whole hand.
These observations are subjective and debatable; hardly worthy of beginning such a statement with "the truth is."
Characterizing the Disney logo as a Death Star is a funny image, all right.
From one geek to another, that's actually meant to be a Borg ship, not the Death star :wink:

pezbalubah

Reaction score

The truth is, Walt Disney, throughout his career, had more courage, talent and creative integrity in his little finger than Jim Henson had in his whole hand.

[/B]
Why are you even here?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with pezbula... Murgatoad, you a such a creep!

If Disney was SOOOOO creative, how come Mickey Mouse is a rip-off of Felix the cat.

Obviosuly, some one should give you the meaning of "Muppet Fan Site", as in it's for fans, not for some little (aptly named) Toad like you, who keeps picking on us all the time.

Point to ponder.... Who green lighted Cinderella 2? Henson or Disney?

beaker

Reaction score
\The truth is, Walt Disney, throughout his career, had more courage, talent and creative integrity in his little finger than Jim Henson had in his whole hand.
Yeah I got a few questions too. It deals with MIA folks, whos really who and here for what, and other things that need to be sorted out.

First off, that has to be the most aggregious thing youve ever said..ever. Yeah, ol Walt was a brillaint man...brillaint. And yes I agree JHC imploded from within post JH. But that statement...my gosh. I think we know a little more now about things...so Murgatoad, for the sake of humbling us, just tell these nice folks who you are....And without further adieu, like Secrets of Magic Revealed...MURGATOAD IS: ......well you and I will keep that a secret. But seriously, its good to have a rabble rouser on here, but statements like that. *shakes head*

Second, WHERE IN THe BLUE WORLD are a large platoon of one big time MC posters?

Chris/gobo? I never knew he did great parodies like this...and if that was 2 years ago, wonder what hes been up to? He wasnt shunned like some folk were was he? Yeah we got into it big time on chat, but we were both immature.

Ghingley/Big Bird: That lady was awesome! Man...

Matt Laesch

Mitch 'Kermithead' Bugajsky

Andy Wolf. Sure his prices might seem a bit steep, but darn if he didnt have the coolest and rarest stuff to sell. We always needed a 'Lefty' in MC land.

DW. Yeah we miss ya, even with your popins. Come back D Dub!

Where did all these folks go? Hmmm....

Going through the MuppetFest year book, it makes me sad theres abeen a rift between some of the old MC posters. Yeah I know I havent helped perpetuate any olive branch...but man, things seemed so cordial and cohecively unsiom on that fateful weekend.

Finally, I found Phil's *other* website online...I didnt know Phil was into nutrition and a balanced diet!

Phil's *other* site

Anyways, yeah sorry about that Murgatoad. And people lets not start any flame wars...this thread is too good to risk getting closed. Lets try to keep this about the thread topic...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The issue with murgatoad's posts will be addressed. His comments are so out there, you all don't even need to respond to them. That's exactly what he wants.

Cory, all the folks you mentioned are still around. Most don't frequent the boards as much as they use too though. Thankfully so, everyone should have lives with friends and families outside of the Internet.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
The issue with murgatoad's posts will be addressed. His comments are so out there, you all don't even need to respond to them. That's exactly what he wants.

Cory, all the folks you mentioned are still around. Most don't frequent the boards as much as they use too though. Thankfully so, everyone should have lives with friends and families outside of the Internet.
Aw, ok. I was just curious, as so many of them made such a big contribution to the old MC and MC delphi forums. Heh, yeah I tend to forget about people's personal lives and busy schedules.^_^

Btw, sorry for the Subway reference...Phil, I just had to! ^_^

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know, I've even tried to put him on my ignore list, but still, he needs to be made an example of.

I know not everyone likes the Muppets, and I feel that he does have some good points and all, but he just likes shooting fans down.

I mean, I can't go to a Power ranger board and make fun of people who like that stuff. No! That's impolite.

Anyway, my question about the film is that there are too many cross refferences. Some parts are Star Trek (I'm guessing, I'm not a huge fan, not that I have anything against it, it's just not my thing) and Star wars. In fact, I also thought the Mickey Mouse was the Death Star, and not the Borg. Oh well.

Great satire, though!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Congratulations on your site. I'll have it up on our links page later today.
Yay! Thanks, Phil :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I AM CONFUSED!!! someone give me in layman's terms what this thread means, please....

Sarah