The New Muppet Show Cast

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I was thinking about the Shows that we have had over the years starting with Sam and Friends to Sesame Street to The Muppet Show to The Jim Henson Hour to Fraggle Rock and The Secret Life Of Toys.

And there are so many more...

But Who would you like to see in the New Muppet Show ?

I really dont think that they need to go and make a 'new gang' again like they did for Muppets Tonight.

They could pick the best Muppets from each Series, And keep the Muppets from The Muppet Show as the main Family.

I would love to see -

• Digit
  • Leon
  • Uboo
  • Pepe
  • Clifford

And more, Dont you think it would be great to see these join the Muppt Family in the new show ?

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Digit

Leon

Uboo

Pepe

Clifford

<<<

Warrick! holy cow, that is my EXACT cast wish list!!!(well, except beaker, he NEEDS to be in there!!!)
add in swedish chef and the obligatory main 5 and voila!

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Pepe is pretty much a given, with him appearing in the Weezer video and hosting the "making of" special, they're almost trying to pass him off as an original character that people might have forgotten about. I hope to see Bill do Rowlf more, did anybody else who saw the special notice that when they showed Rowlf he kept repeating "Pepe told me to" Bill can't seem to get away from Pepe can he?

Recycling old characters is a cool idea, I'd like to see The Riverbottom Nightmare band make an appearance.

Do you think the new show will have brand new muppeteers with their own new original characters? It seems Henson has alot of puppeteers working for them for background characters, but it seems they don't really add new puppeteers for speaking roles that often. Eric Jacobson and John Kennedy did Piggy and Fozzie well, but there's probably puppeteers, probably people that visit this message board, out there that can do perfect Rowlf, Scooter, Janice, Dr. Teeth, etc. they should really find those people and hire them.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I think the MAIN cast should be:

Kermit
Piggy
Gonzo
Fozzie
Rowlf
Big Bird(I think that would be cool to see)
Bert and Ernie
an updated version of the hose of Sam and Friends maybe
Bunsen and Beaker
some fraggles
Chef
electric Mayhem
Pepe
Rizzo
Bean Bunny
Scooter and his sister from muppet Babies Skeeter

That is really to much of a main cast but I do belive they should all appear frequently on the show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree Clifford and Digit should be in it. Also the entire classic cast. But I would like to see a Fraggle or two. Maybe just Uncle Travelling Matt.

But Digit should make an excellent return. The only thing I didn't like about Muppets Tonight was his absence!

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
Among all the favorites, I would actually like to see the somewhat popular Bean Bunny return and maybe his brother Lugsy from The Tale Of The Bunny Picnic. Think about it. Bean could always want to be on the show and Lugsy could tell him that he's a bad actor. I don't know. One character that was only in one movie that I'd like to see return is Clueless Morgan from Muppet Treasure Island. Out of the three main pirate muppets, (Monty, Polly and Clueless Morgan) He is the one who seems he could hang out with the rest of the cast. Just my opinion though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always wished that Clueless Morgan was on Muppets tonight. He was one of my favorites from that movie. Somehow, he reminds me of Lube from CatDog. But I digress.

Really, Bean Bunny was really cool. And why shouldn't he be in the show? I mean, he was on Muppet Babies, and Jim Henson Hour, right?

Luke

Reaction score
I think Clueless Morgan was in the UK skits for Muppets Tonight was he not people ? My muppet memory is a little dodgy sometimes !

anathema

Reaction score
Yup! Clueless and Polly had a regular sketch on the show, along with a (mostly) unseen hairy character called Mr Callaghan. I didn't know these bits were cut for the US transmissions, though.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
I almost forgot. I also wouldn't mind seeing:

-Beauregarde (always a classic. just think about him saying "Mr.Kermit")

-Bobo (I just remember one of the best episodes of Muppets Tonight! was when Bobo fell in love with Cindy Crawford)

-Dr. Phil Van Neuter (the Tales From The Vet sketches were always pretty funny. On a side note, is it just me or does Dr. Phil oddly resemble (in look and voice) Andy Dick)