The New Muppet Show Cast

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Sorry i thought i made myself clear, i meant keep the Classic Muppets, but who would you add to those ?

And Lugsy wouldnt be the same without Richard to Perfrom him.

See ya

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
I just watched Muppets Take Manhattan and found another character that should come back. Rizzo's friend Chester. ("I feel terrible. ACHOO!")

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Scooter
Rowlf
Janice and the return of the Electric Mayhem
Pepe
Bobo
Clueless
Johnny
Sal
Seymour (I just like him)
Clifford
Waldo
Beauregard (Virtually MIA these days)
Andy & Randy - NOT!:wink:

I hope they don't go the "mainly new cast rout" but I fear they will from the articles on the new show. Didn't they learn from MT? You can have a great new show, but it won't work right with our beloved characters playing back-up for unknown cast members.

Salmoto

Reaction score
No doubt Pepe's gonna be in there. I think there's a chance Sal will too, but I fear that Johnny may be cut out since Sal's been making many solo appearances lately. There's a good chance Bobo will be back too since it seems that Sal, Pepe, Bobo and Clifford are the 4 members of the Muppets Tonight cast to be around the most. Bean could most likely reappear too.

Some of these requests are pretty odd. First of all, I didn't like Clueless, to me he's like the love child of Zoot and Andy Pig. If we have to use a MTI character, how about Jaques Roach? He's been around before and he can come back, just like a real roach.

Digit? Who performed Digit? Is it even possible to bring him back? And wasn't his look too much of a contrast between Kermit and Gonzo even during JHH?

As much as we'd like to see it happen, ain't gonna be no Fraggles.

Dr. Phil? I dunno what the deal was but it seems that Brian won't be around to do many characters.

Ultimately, I think the reason they keep adding new members to the cast is tht the available list of puppeteers is always changing around. We probably never noticed it from watching reruns when at the time the latest cast members were Steve Whitmire, Bill Baretta and Brian Henson, but by the time this series rolls around they'll have a couple new puppeteers which will have to resort to playing new roles.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by the_great_gonzo
On a side note, is it just me or does Dr. Phil oddly resemble (in look and voice) Andy Dick)
Yeah!!! My cousin and I were talking about that Thanksgiving (he was on Family Feud). Now I can't stop thinking about that! WEIRD!!!!

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I noticed that they do seem to change the characters alot.Like in Muppets From Space Rowlf doesnt talk once as neither does Scooter.very odd.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Kans,

In Muppets From Space Rowlf said "Ugh!" and Scooter said something like "Get your Gonzo T-Shirts only Ten Bucks!"

See ya

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
I would have the classic cast, plus:

Rowlf
Scooter
The Electric Mayhem
Rizzo
Beauregard
Bean Bunny
Clifford
Pepe
Johnny Fiama
Sal

I'd give all the other classic TMS/etc. Muppets cameos...and I would have Uncle Matt from Fraggle Rock make a guest appearance, since he IS in Outer Space, and DID get a guest role in "Manhattan Melodies," and thus probably knows who the Muppets are

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Um, this isn't quite in the spirit of the thread, but I'd like to skip Randy and Andy this time around.

Beyond that, I agree with what pretty much everyone else has said:

The original TMS gang (including Jim and RIchard's characters with new voices)
Clifford (with shades)
Pepe
Johnny and Sal

And I like Jamie's suggestions of Clueless and Seymour (I think with a little tweaking Seymour could become a good addition to the group)

UncleDeadly

Reaction score
The Classic Cast are a given in my list.

As our new Classics: Pepe, Clifford, Bobo, Dr Phil, and Sal. I don't put in Johhny Fiama because (in my opinion), Sal was at his best when he did things on his own (see the 'boneology' episode).

Digit? Twould be cool, but would he really fit with the others. His body is constructed so differently from the rest, he might stick out like a sore thumb.

Clueless Morgan! A MUST. A friend of mine who isnt a muppet fan (although she does like muppets, she just isnt like me with them) and I both love Clueless and constantly recite his lines from MTI. I always wished I could have seen his UK skits.

Other New Characters: Zippity might be nice. Maybe give the new piggy and new fozzie performers one other character to grow into so that they can form their own identities.

I'd say Format wise: Maybe Pick a Different Muppet Each Week to co-host the show with the guest, and the other muppets all run around in the back. Kermit could still run the show, but the emcee could change.