1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The New Muppet Show Cast

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by BlueFrackle, Jul 15, 2002.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. tygerbug

tygerbug Member

I am a heterosexual guy. Just happen to be a big Rutles/Rutland Weekend Television fan. =)
  2. GWGumby

GWGumby New Member

If you were a TRUE fan you would know that "Spinal Tap" does not go under the 'S' category but under 'T' for its true title "This Is Spinal Tap" It used to be a pain trying to track it down in video stores never knowing where they'd place it alphabetically--and then sometimes they'd throw me for a complete loop and put it in the music section!

I made a suggestion on an earlier thread (or maybe even this one) about making the new Muppet show more improvised like Christopher Guest movies. An Electric Mayhem special a la Spinal Tap or Rutles or Behind the Music would be an awesome step in the right direction for the new Muppets. Heck, if VH1 can do a BTM on Weird Al, surely the Muppets would be a good candidate.
  3. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Okay, I just had a rather bizzare thought...

I know someone in this thread earlier suggested bringing back Scooter and adding his twin sister Skeeter to the cast. The latter would be kind of impossible unless JHC wanted to make an adult Skeeter muppet and find someone suitable to perform her.

Then I found Chris Smigliano's MuppetFest pic on MC, the one with just about every Muppet character ever created on it (the one with poor Beaker being used as the staff for the banner). In it is has Scooter with Baby Skeeter sitting on his shoulders.

So immediately my mind pipes up, "What if they added Skeeter as Scooter's younger sister instead of his twin sister?"

I told you it was a bizzare idea.

-Kim
  4. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I'd really like to see an adult Skeeter Muppet too. It would be interesting to know what happened to her when she grew up.
  5. grail

grail New Member

heh...i was just messin' with ya...i dig the Rutles too...

the reason mine is under "S" is putting it under "T" confused every person who went through my DVDs...it's the same reason i have "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Accross the 8th Dimension" under "B" instead of "A". i know where it's supposed to be, but i had so many people telling me i had it wrong, that i switched it just to shut them up. i may change it back someday, i dunno...
  6. Drum Eater

Drum Eater New Member

I think it would be fun to give exisiting Muppets we don't know as well (or that don't get as much screen time) starring roles in a show. I mean, you won't going anywhere without Kermit or Piggy in there as well, but just like Muppets From Space focused on Gonzo, a new show could focus on Sal and Johnny or something like that. By the way, I love your avatar salmoto.
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I don't want new characters, I know that. I like what we have already. The classic TMS family should be a focus, and incorporate some JHH and MT. Which one was Uboo by the way? The bird guy? I don't remember. At any rate, I want more focus on TMS characters than any other, but lots of Pepe, Sal, and Johnny incorporated. Lots more EM band. Kermit needs to be host again, and it so far hasn't seemed too popular to keep the show running in any other location than The Muppet Theater, so I think they need to return there.
  8. Fozzie Bear

This is of course me thinking in terms of Disney now owns the Muppets, and can't incorporate Fraggles (which no longer exist as puppets) or SS.
  9. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

This is my ideal Muppet cast:
    Kermit
    Gonzo
    Fozzie
    Sam the Eagle
    Scooter
    Rowlf
    Statler & Waldorf
    Swedish Chef
    Bunsen and Beaker
    Dr. Teeth
    Janice
    Zoot
    Floyd
    Animal
    Sweetums
    Rizzo
    Johnny and Sal
    Pepe
    Bobo
    Clifford
    and smaller appearances by characters like Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry, Piggy, Robin, Beauregard, and the Muppet Newsman.
  10. jediX

jediX Active Member

He's an ape (presumably a gorilla) from JHH that was on Guerilla Television. Orangeish in color (if you go to the henson.com site then under JHH, there's a pic of him with Zondra and Chip). I presume you have some JHH on tape... ^_~
  11. Zondra

Zondra New Member

Very confused at the moment...I love Ubu, he's a great character and all...but...I dunno, I very recently made this comparison...Does he at all remind you of the father lion from PBS's "Between the Lions?" I know BTL isn't a Henson production or anything (good work though), but...I don't know. he voice and the way he's acted are a lot the same. There's no info about either character anywhere I can find.

My new cast would definitely be more modern-character based, meaning JHH, MT, etc. Specifics aren't important. ^-^
    Strange...
  12. Fozzie Bear

I wish. My birthday is in August, gang, so if you all want to pool your resources and send me the entire JHH series on video tape, I'll take it! ;)
  13. Zondra

Zondra New Member

LOL, mine's in July...really quite soon. Same goes for me.

jedix, I'm looking in your direction...I would LOVE a present like that...I really would...
  14. jediX

jediX Active Member

I'm not everyone's designated JHH copier, yanno! ;)
  15. My ideal cast:
    Kermit the Frog
    Fozzie Bear
    Gonzo
    Miss Piggy
    Rowlf
    Electric Mayhelm (including Lips and Clifford)
    Pepe
    Sam Eagle
    Philo & Gunge
    Digit
    H. Ross Parrot (former president, owner of network and control room)
    Mo Frackle
    Joe the Aradillo
    Sweetums
    Robin
    The Snowths (named Ann and Fran)
    Mahna Mahna
    Leon
    Uncle Travelling Matt
  16. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

My birthday is in February, so it would give you some time to put it on DVD
  17. jediX

jediX Active Member

<joke>Well if you want a DVD that has a picture that skips around with sound that fades in and out, sure!</joke> ;)

(seriously -- that's how terrible my JHH tapes transfer over to video files, and I'm not shelling out the dough for converter)
  18. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

Yeah, thats ok, I was only joking, I could settle for video
  19. He dosn't trade anymore.
  20. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

I think there is to much of Pepe personally. Bill really needs to put him a side and do somebody like Rowlf for a change.

ryan