1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The New New Quote Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Zombies frighten me, but I like their swagger.
    -Tina Belcher (Bob's Burgers).

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. Flaky Pudding

Mama always told me, life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.
    -Forrest Gump

scooterfan360 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

D.W.: Why don't you wanna stay up? What are you really up to, Arthur?
    ARTHUR: Why should I stay up? What's there to see?
    D.W.: Don't you wanna see if there's nothing to see?
    ARTHUR: I'm too mature to care anymore. (Leaves)
    D.W.: Yeah, right. (Pause) Mom? What does "mature" mean?

4. D'Snowth

KEL: Man, I can't believe we got locked out of Chris's momma's house! Why does this stuff always happen to us?
    KENAN: (Beat) Well, remember when I said, "Kel, grab the key"?
    KEL: Yeah.
    KENAN: Why didn't you!?
    KEL: You were serious about that? Man, I thought you were tellin' a joke!
    KENAN: "A joke"? Kel, if it was a joke, it would have been funny!
    KEL: I don't know, I've heard a couple of your jokes. . . .

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  5. Flaky Pudding

Save me Jeebus!
    -Homer Simpson

I'm a Christian but I found that quote hilarious!

6. Flaky Pudding

We could get hamburgers and make them wiener shaped, right? But then put them on hot dog buns and call them hotdurgers
    -Cat Valentine (VicTORIous)

7. Flaky Pudding

It's Monty Python time:

'Tis but a scratch, 'tis merely a fleshwound
    And now the larch!
    He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy
    NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!
    I fart in your general direction, your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!
    My hovercraft is full of eels
    Spam, spam, spam, spam
    Albatross! Get your albatross here!
    And now for something completely different
    That bloody parrot is dead! He's pining for the fiords.
    I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press wild flowers, I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars
    It's.......
    We use only the finest baby frogs, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose.

Glad I got that out of my system, :).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    1000 Eyes and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  8. D'Snowth

FINSTER: T.J. Dettweiler! I should have known you were the one behind this! What disgusting, perverted thing are you up to now?
    T.J.: Playin'.

Twisted Tails and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  9. D'Snowth

KATE: I'm curious, is it strictly apathy, or do you really not have a goal in life?
    PETER: I've found if you have a goal, you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya, it feels phenomenal.
    KATE: Well, I guess that makes sense in a really . . . sad way.

10. D'Snowth

"This house is so full of people, it makes me sick! When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone! Did you hear me? I'm living alone! I'm living alone!" ~ Kevin McAllister

Twisted Tails and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  11. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Classic quotes from The Brady Bunch.

Peter: Pork chops, and applesauce.

Marcia: Ow! My nose!

Jan: Marcia, Marcia, Marcia,

Carol: Jan, this isn't about you.

12. D'Snowth

GRINCH: Hello!
    ECHO: Hello!
    GRINCH: How are you?
    ECHO: How are you?
    GRINCH: I asked you first!
    ECHO: I asked you first!
    GRINCH: Oh, that's really mature repeating everything that I say!
    ECHO: Oh, that's really mature repeating everything that I say!
    GRINCH: I'm an idiot!
    ECHO: (Different voice) You're an idiot!
    GRINCH: (Whisper) Alright, fine! I'm not talking to you anymore! In fact, from now on, I'm going to whisper! So that way, by the time the sound of my voice bounces off the walls and reverberates back to me, I won't be able to hear it.
    ECHO: You're an idiot!

Dominicboo1 likes this.
  13. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Tyler Bunch: Sesame's one of those jobs that once you have it, you kinda have it for life, I.E. Caroll Spinney. Fran Brill chose to leave, Jerry Nelson didn't necessarily choose, but he was there every day he possibly could until the end. It's just one of those experiences that if you're fortunate enough to get asked to play in that sandbox, you never want to leave it.

Duke Remington likes this.
  14. D'Snowth

LOST CAT: How am I doin' on my lifespan count, Nancy Mouse?
    NANCY MOUSE: You wanna know the truth?
    LOST CAT: (Nods)
    NANCY MOUSE: You got one life left.
    LOST CAT: Okay, tell me a lie.
    NANCY MOUSE: You got ten left.
    LOST CAT: Whoo! That's a relief!

15. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

From a Q&A session at Niagara Falls Comic Con.
    Woman: I wanted to ask you about the understudies for Caroll, Matt Vogel and Eric Jacobson. I've seen Eric do a few performances as Oscar and he's flawless. Deb Spinney: He's great.
    Woman: I could barely tell the difference. I was wondering, have you been talking to him or have been training him?
    Caroll Spinney: Yes. Well, Eric for years never had a character.
    Deb: He would do Anything Muppets in the background.
    Caroll: So if they needed somebody to go in Hooper's Store and sit down and order a cup of coffee or something.
    Deb: Now he does all of Frank Oz's characters except for Cookie Monster.
    We never thought anybody could do Frank's characters, cause they all have unique voices, even though you can always tell it's Frank. But still they're really hard characters to do. And Eric is unbelievable. I guess everybody probably knows that for years now, Matt has been in the wings helping Caroll out with Big Bird. And Caroll hand-picked Matt out of a bunch of people who tried it out. And we absolutely adore Matt, he's the best. But up until recently, we didn't have anybody who could stand in for Caroll as Oscar. So about a year ago, Sesame Street decided it's time to find somebody. They sent us tapes of 8 performers who were trying out to be the understudy for Oscar. And they didn't tell us who they were. Of coarse, they were all guys from SS. And Caroll got a tape, I got a tape, I think about 8 different people, producers and directors, they all got tapes on their own, and we all listened on our own, and we had to write who we thought sounded closest to Oscar. We knew it'd be a good puppeteer, because they were Muppeteers from SS. And we all picked the same person: And that was Eric. And so he's phenomenal. Caroll has done, I wouldn't call it a workshop, but we spent quite a few hours with Eric personally, giving him all the hints and thises and thats about how you do Oscar. And of coarse Eric is flawless with voices. And he's been studying it really, really hard. Cause when he first did it, he sounded a lot like him, now he sounds exactly like him. So he works real hard at it. So we're real proud of him. It's like our children, you know?

16. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

"As I know more of mankind I expect less of them, and am ready now to call a man a good man upon easier terms than I was formerly."
    "Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)"

17. D'Snowth

"Freaky, dirty, long-haired, cynical hippies will enjoy our freaky, dirty, long-haired, cynical Muppets!" ~ TMS Pitchman

18. D'Snowth

"We went to highschool, and then the boat crashed, and then we got bippity-boppity-booped by the Magic Man!" ~ Donkey in Puss's body

19. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive! No wonder they keep invading you" - The Doctor

20. D'Snowth

. . . .