1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The New New Quote Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 3, 2014.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

GEORGE: I was free and clear! I was livin' the dream! I was stripped to the waist and eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!
    JERRY: Before we continue any further, I would just like to point out how disturbing it is that you equate eating a block of cheese with some sort of a bachelor paradise.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

"Hey, Crow! What do you know?"

"I just got back from Coco Blue, Joel Hodgson!"

3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

In an episode of the Getting Felt Up puppetry podcast, David Bizarro talks about his YT puppet series Byar.
    David: We think it's funny that you can't ever see the puppeteer no matter where we put them, but you can always see the arm rods. We don't wanna take away the fact that this character's being manipulated, we think it's awesome, but also funny, cause it's like "look how much trouble we're going through to get a 200 pound bearded man outta the shot, but we're gonna leave these ity-bitty arm rods in."
    Nate Begle: We talked about it before, it drives us crazy when we see that the arm rods have been digitally removed from some of the shows and movies, especially with the recent Muppet movies, they just erase them.
    David: It takes a lot of the intrigue away, I feel like from puppetry. Cause kids aren't dumb, they know that it's puppetry, but if you take the rods out, I feel like there's a level of a kid starting to think "Oh, these are actual, real creatures that live out there." And then when they get older, when the mystery is blown, it may not be as amazing to them or they might not ever get into puppetry or explore that avenue of creativity.

Pig's Laundry and D'Snowth like this.
  4. LittleJerry92

"Just look at the flowers, Lizzie...."

5. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

"Good gravy. I've got two words for the children that are raised on that crap: HELD BACK. REPEATING THE THIRD GRADE. LOW STANDARDIZED TEST SCORES. I GUESS THIS WAS MORE THAN TWO WORDS. THE PAPER, PLEASE TAKE US HOME." - Strong Bad

6. antsamthompson9

From a press conference of the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie.
    Tom Kenny: The weird thing for me is that I realized going back and watching the original Pooh shorts from the '60s that this one harkens back to, I remembered that as a real little kid, and I was probably 6 when these things came out, I thought Rabbit was a female character. You know what I mean? I thought Rabbit was a woman, like an old lady. I don't know what that says about me, but I'd forgotten that I thought that. I guess maybe he was just such a fussbudget, he seemed like the cranky old lady down the street, but really he's the cranky old man down the street.

7. LittleJerry92

Because I watched the Mst3k episode Lost Continent a couple nights ago....

"Rock climbing, Joel. Rock climbing."

8. antsamthompson9

Caren Beige was kind enough to include me in her jingle on the latest DillonGale live show:
    Frankie has a piece of paper tonight, he wrote questions down on paper tonight? Who asked questions on the paper tonight? Chris Harris, Anthony Thompson.

9. D'Snowth

"Jinkies! I think I just felt an artery harden!" ~ Velma

:skeptical: :electric: :coy:

10. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

From the Richie Rich movie.

Lawrence Van Dough: The money? Where is the money?!

Mr. Rich: In banks! Where else? Oh! And the stock market, real estate...

Van Dough:
    Are you kidding me? You mean to tell me that there isn't a single gold bar, or emerald, or thousand dollar bill in this entire mountain?!

Mr. Rich: Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you Lawrence, but that's not what we treasure.

11. LittleJerry92

"Led Zepplin was wrong..... There is no stairway to Heaven."

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  12. D'Snowth

JERRY: Hey, there's Leo.
    KRAMER: Who's Leo?
    JERRY: Uncle Leo.
    KRAMER: Oh yeah, right, Uncle Leo. Forgot his first name.

13. LittleJerry92

"Believe it or not, George isn't at home. Please leave a message after the beep...."

14. D'Snowth

No foolin', that's actually my usual ringtone.

15. LittleJerry92

"Believe it or not, Joseph isn't home, please leave a message after the beep...."

-Stuie Monster

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  16. LittleJerry92

"Do you HAVE to keep tapping like that?!

YOU BLOATED SACK OF PROTOPLASM!"

17. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Gordon has a bunch of triangles he mysteriously finds around the street. Bob comes into frame with a monkey on his shoulders
    Bob: Hey Gordon! What's with all the triangles
    Gordon: I dunno, where did you get a monkey?
    Bob: Oh, I don't know, just picked up a monkey.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  18. antsamthompson9

In a ToughPigs interview, we learn the reason why Ryan's Elmo is more 3-dimensional than Kevin's.
    Ryan Dillon: The episode I watched over and over again was an episode where Elmo's playing Hot Potato with Abby, and he just can't win, he's getting frustrated and frustrated that he can't win and so it turns into a Rocky parody where Telly is Bergess Meredith, and there's a montage, and there's a whole thing where Elmo's really mean to Abby because, he's upset that he hasn't won. He's frustrated that he's not won this game and he kinda takes it out on Abby who gets upset and he sings this really sweet song about not meaning to have done what he did. It's called Elmo Didn't Mean To, and when I saw that I was like "Oh, that's who he is." Sometimes he doesn't think before he does something and then he feels the way he feels. And it was just an interesting to watch and it made me realize it's not just Elmo's World all the time. He's a much rounder character, he has emotions and feelings and thoughts, and once I started to get into that part of him, it was much more helpful, especially with interviews and stuff like that.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  19. D'Snowth

Abby is always blamed for Elmo for pretty much stripping away Elmo's dimensions. In a way, I can kind of see it, because they were desperate for Abby - as a female Muppet - to reach Elmo's level of star power. Drtooth has often pointed out what the problem is: Elmo has no chemistry with Abby the way he did with Zoe, so there's really no dynamic between Elmo and Abby like there was with Elmo and Zoe. Zoe could bring out a side of Elmo we don't see too often, particularly whenever she throws Rocco into the mix - her infatuation with Rocco drove him crazy and he could get flustered and exasperated with the way she'd treat Rocco like a living, breathing thing, when he'd always exclaim, "But Rocco is just a rock!" There wasn't anything like that going on with Abby, and since they started pairing Elmo with Abby more and more and with Zoe less and less, we were seeing considerably less of that side of Elmo.

20. antsamthompson9

While that may be true, in season 46, after Ryan became more comfortable with playing Elmo, some of the stuff with Elmo and Abby became quite entertaining. Even in episodes that basically had no plot like 4707, Ryan would make it funny with his performance as Elmo, like when he went nuts about loosing his cowboy toy, "Elmo and Abby can't play Cowboy because Elmo lost Clipity-Clooop!" And then Abby'd say, "Well we can still play cowboy." And then Elmo would go "How Abby? Hooooooow?!" I think DrTooth said Ryan and Leslie have better chemistry than Kevin and Leslie. The fact that they were both hired for Sesame Street in the same year probably has something to do with it.