1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

The New New Quote Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

"You know what your problem is? You think this whole world revolves around you. Well it doesn't! It revolves around the moon, which is why we have winter!
    ~ Floyd Pepper

LipsGF4Life and ConsummateVs like this.
  2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

"I'm home! I made it! I made it! My own home!

*locks the door completely, a small sound is heard*

Oh..... AHHHHH!!!!! *pelted with endless snowballs*"

D'Snowth likes this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Zoot: Is that the real moon or just a department store one?
    Floyd: There ain't no real moon. Not since the 70s.

LipsGF4Life likes this.
  4. LittleJerry92

"Jingle bells... Pumpkin pie.... Turkey and ice cream..."

5. LipsGF4Life

LipsGF4Life Well-Known Member

Lips: Yeah, but leave home at 14? Why-What'd you think? The boy's got access to a time machine??"
    Dr.Teeth: (shrugs)

Lips: Aww you kiddin' boy? You can come in here anytime and toss the wild man 'round like 'dat!

6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

In the ToughPigs interview with DillonGale, they start a discussion about how Elmo behaves differently on talk shows.
    Joe Hennes: Of course, the live stuff is some of the most fun Elmo material out there, both your stuff and Kevin's.
    Ryan Dillon: That was always my favorite stuff that Kevin did anyway because, he was allowed to be himself. Not that you can't be on the show, but it's nice to be able to go out and just be silly and not have to necessarily teach a lesson or something. He really goes out there and just is all out and crazy.
    Mark Gale: Elmo's funny when you play him a little bit older.
    Ryan: Yeah, and there's always this balance too, because I always play him a little older than maybe people would like me to play him, but he is witty and he's a little bit saucy I like to say. He messes with people, but he only messes with people that he really cares about and he knows they can take it.
    Joe: It's never malicious.
    Ryan: It's sort of like Ernie poking at Bert. Just poking and poking just to get at him, just to be silly. And Kevin was so good with that on Fallon and there's this guy in Australia named Rove McManus who's this awesome guy who's come back and done stuff with us and Kevin's interviews as Elmo on Rove are on YouTube and they're really funny. But it's still sweet. It's that teasing thing that feels like a sweet young kid just being silly. Those are always my favorite things to do with Elmo are the live appearances, cause you can be a little bit crazier.

7. LittleJerry92

"Hey, Sensui! Did ya hear that?! My pals whooped your little friend's butt! And now they're gonna let me out so I can whoop yours! *laughs hysterically*"

"Gourmet, would you PLEASE shut that imbisle up? I'm trying to watch a movie."

"Sure."

"Movie...? Wait, what do you think you're doing...?

When you're asked a question, the polite answer-

*Kuwabara is kicked in the face by Gourmet and knocked down*

*Kuwabara slowly recovers, only to be gagged by Gourmet"

8. antsamthompson9

JD Hansel says his 4th favorite Muppet Christmas production is Single all the Way: I like the classic Christmas productions, but there was something about Single all the Way I really liked. It was one of the best episodes of the Muppets on ABC and it was one of the episodes I could point to if ever there were somebody who said it didn't feel like a Muppety production, I would say "Oh, yeah? That's because you didn't watch episode 10."
    Steve Swanson: Episode 10, and let's not forget episode 4 with the karaoke.
    JD: Episode 4, episode 10, episode 9.
    Steve: Which one was 9?
    JD: 9 was the one where Gonzo did his canon stunt.
    Steve: OH, YES! That was great too.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  9. Pig's Laundry

Man, the show did have some really great episodes, especially towards the end of the season. You could tell the show would've been something really special had it gotten a second season.

mr3urious likes this.
  10. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

"Did Mary just tell Ted to shut up on the air?"
    "Yeah."
    "Good."
    -Lou Grant and Murray Slaughter from "Mary Tyler Moore."

11. antsamthompson9

Amen to that.

12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

LOST BOY: Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's. . . .
    SUPER GROVER: (Crash lands) It's Super Grover.
    LOST BOY: Oh rats!

13. LittleJerry92

"FRIES! Fries!

TOO MUCH SALT!"

Oh, sorry, I mean-

"RISE! Rise!

Tuyosa!"

14. D'Snowth

DAUGHTER: I hate you!
    MOTHER: Well I'm not too fond of you either!
    DAUGHTER: Mommy, I'm sorry, I love you.
    MOTHER: Oh, and I love you too.
    (Big hug)
    EARTHA KITT: Unconditional love.

Or some crap like that, I don't really remember.

15. D'Snowth

Felix and Gloria getting remarried.

MURRAY: Say Felix, how come Gloria isn't wearing white?
    FELIX: Murray . . . Gloria happens to be the mother of two children.
    MURRAY: Oh. Yeah, I guess it would hard to keep things white with kids around.

16. Pig's Laundry

The Count: They call me The Count because I love to count things.
    Guy Smiley: Well i'm Guy Smiley. They call me Guy Smiley because I changed my name from Bernie Liederkrantz.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  17. antsamthompson9

My next few quotes are funny/interesting quotes from JD Hansel, Steve Swanson and Jarod Fairclough's podcast reviewing Once Upon a Sesame Street Christmas.
    Steve: You said this is Caroll's Big Bird, are you sure?
    JD: This is definitely Caroll.
    Steve: Oh, I thought it was Matt, but alright.
    JD: Wow, it's gotten to the point where Steve can't tell. Props to Matt.
    Steve: Well, here's the thing: I didn't like Big Bird in this. My thought watching the special was is Big Bird really sleepy, or is he sad about something? Like someone please tell me because, he wasn't the Big Bird we know. He didn't have positive energy, he sounded kinda lethargic.
    JD: That's what I noticed about Big Bird for the last few years, whether he's played by Caroll or Matt, he does seem rather sleepy. But that could just be to make him a good compliment to Elmo, because if he's hyper and energetic, he gets redundant. So he's gotta be the older child. He used to be a happy 6-year-old, now he's more of a chill 9-year-old who kinda has a younger brother.

Pig's Laundry and ConsummateVs like this.
  18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I listen to that episode just to hear some opinions on the special, and it reminded me completely of why I don't enjoy those guys. Jarrod is obviously doing a bit being unpleasant, but the other two, ugh.

19. antsamthompson9

JD Hansel: Has anyone else noticed that Ryan Dillon's Elmo has sort of a strong accent?
    Steve Swanson: Okay, let's talk about that: Yes to that, and is it me or does Elmo now constantly have that crooked eye look? It's one move in all this special.
    JD: That's the thing: If watched the video from Wired that the Muppet performers posted, Ryan says that he uses the eye mechanism a lot more than he probably should and he laughs about it. And when he said that I'm like "Thank you, sir. I appreciate this."
    Steve: It used to be Kevin's Elmo would go on the Today Show, and he'd talk to whoever and they'd say big words and then he'd look confused and then it was funny. But when you come into the frame confused, you have nowhere to go.
    JD laughs: See, next year, they're doing Christmas on Sesame Street with Elmo's Confused Look and the whole special, it's just Elmo walking around with this look on his face.

20. LittleJerry92

"Boy, that really looked real... I could have sworn that was him.

Crow, do the words 'video tape' mean anything to you?

Okay, smart bucket. If that wasn't Joel, then who was it?

Well, that was.... That was a simulation. There was NO ONE behind that door!

Oh really? Let's look.

*Bridge door opens revealing a random guy from some TV show I probably don't know*

AHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!