The New New Quote Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Debra Spinney: It was a little strange at first, because Big Bird was the most popular character, and then Elmo came along and he became the most popular character. But Elmo appeals to younger kids than Big Bird does. When Sesame Street first started, their audience was about mostly 4-6 year olds. And Big Bird was 4 and then he became 6. Elmo is 3, and what they didn't realize at first was you can learn at 1 year old or less. So most of the kids who are watching now who are really serious Sesame Street kids are like 1 year old to 3 years old. So they get these little baby characters better. And so Elmo just appeals to them better. They love Big Bird, but Elmo's one of them. And that's just how it is. And that's great. Even in the movie, Caroll said "I don't really wanna work that much." So Elmo can have all those days on set and Caroll can have a few less. So it's a happy balance.
Caroll Spinney: I still wanna be there though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
(For context sake, an episode of Ned's Newt has Newton decide on a place to meet if he and Ned ever split up. Newton suggests the letter O from the Hollywood sign, and says this in an imagine spot)

"HEY! I can see Charlie Sheen denying all charges from up here!"- Newton the newt

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Interviewer: What do you think of the new Muppet show?
Debra Spinney: We like it.
Caroll Spinney: I didn't like the first episode very much, but they seem to be catching on how to take it.
Debra: It's getting better and better.
Caroll: It's not like the old one which was a theater thing. In this one, they're supposed to be working in a theater but you don't see it much. It's mostly a soap opera with Muppets. Which is not bad. Believe me, it's fun.
Debra: I really think it's funny.
Interviewer: It must put a lot of your friends to work though.
Debra: A lot of the puppeteers who work on the new Muppet Show are Sesame Street puppeteers. And even they said, "we were trying to figure out what do we do, where do we go with this and which characters are gonna be the best." I think we've watched it each week and said "this is even better". The writing is better, they're figuring out what to do with them that's more Muppety kind of.
To be totally honest, the only character I'm not sure we like is Kermit's girlfriend. Not the character but, the way the puppet looks. Somehow, I don't know. I don't wanna be that honest, but I just think she doesn't look right. But really, we're enjoying the show, we watch it every week, and we love the guys, so we want it to be very successful.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I didn't really like Batman vs. Superman, but it made me want a jolly rancher more than any other Batman movie.
-My friend (who I'm not sharing his name).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.

-Abe Lincoln

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Electricity is just organized lightning.

-George Carlin

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Cookie Monster: You let me loose, I get you date with Bert. Yeah. Mr. Excitement!

- Martha Stewart Living