1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The New New Quote Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 3, 2014.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

"No.... it CAN'T BE TRUE!

I could FLY if I wanted to!

Like a BIIIIIIRD in the SKYYYYY....

if I beLIEEEEVED I COULD FLYYYYYYY....

Why I'd FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...."

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

"I embrace death like it was my mommy"

- Langston Hughes (probably)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Spinelli:
    Last one on Old Rusty has to give Miss Finster a sponge bath!

Randall Weems:
    Hey! That's my job!

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I can see why Randall is not liked at all.

6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Shane will like my next few quotes, cause last year, he watched Dark Crystal and Labyrinth for the first time.
    Ryan Roe: I'm not sure how much I'd wanna get into the Dark Crystal.
    Ryan Dosier: The movie already puts me to sleep, why would I wanna read an article that would put me to sleep?
    Steve Swanson: Well, too bad for the Ryans, because the next story is about the Power of the Dark Crystal. Being produced in Australia currently, it'll of course be a 3d film when it comes out in the future, probably by that time we'll have holographic films, but the company doing most of the CGI work is called Omnilab, who also worked with Henson on Where the Wild Things Are, another visually interesting, yet not very entertaining movie.
    Joe Hennes: Wrong!
    Roe: That one is a matter of opinion.
    Steve: Look, you know I'm not the world's biggest fan of the Dark Crystal. I understand its importance.
    Joe: None of us are in this conversation. I feel bad for the Dark Crystal fans who are listening to this podcast.
    Steve: I think we all feel its importance in the life and legacy of Jim Henson, and as a technical film achievement it's pretty cool to look at, but it just wasn't that good of a movie.
    Joe: It's a beautiful movie. It's a beautiful boring movie.
    Steve: There's gonna be a lot of spin on this movie, simply because it's the Dark Crystal, trying to make it sound like it was the greatest movie of all time so we should all go watch the sequel. That's all fine and good, that's what movie marketing is about, but you can't effectively spin the first film into something that it wasn't, cause story-wise it just doesn't hold up.
    Joe: You gotta remember, we all don't care for that movie, but there are a ton of Dark Crystal fanatics out there, who couldn't care less about the Muppets at all, they just love the Dark Crystal. So I think when they start spinning the Dark Crystal as fantastic, there will be a ton of people responding "H***s yeah!"
    Roe: Yeah, there are many Dark Crystal fans out there. Every year or so on our forum, we have a poll saying "Dark Crystal good or crap?" And the people who defend it are very vocal.
    Joe: Now what I wanna know is where's my Labyrinth sequel?
    Steve: Well, yeah. And the reason I like that more is cause I'm more interested in that story I guess. When I watch Dark Crystal, I always have the same reaction which is: I get that what you're doing is important to you, but I have no context of why it's important and I'm not emotionally involved in the story. It's just something you get or understand the first couple times you see it, you gotta watch it a couple times.
    Joe: Wait, you don't like Dark Crystal or Labyrinth?
    Steve: No I like Labyrinth, that's what I'm saying. It's a totally different experience for me. I relate to Labyrinth a lot more than Dark Crystal.
    Joe: Oh you were describing your reaction to Dark Crystal. I thought you were talking about Labyrinth.
    Roe: So what you're saying is you can sympathize with a teenage girl much more than a little elf guy?
    Steve: Far more easily.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  7. LittleJerry92

Ezekiel: Well, I just don't get why we lost, eh? They're the ones that have six girls....
    *Katie and Sadie gasp*
    Bridgette: What's THAT supposed to mean?
    Eva: Yeah, home-schooled? ENLIGHTEN US!
    Ezekiel: Well, guys are much stronger and better at sports than girls are!
    *Katie and Sadie show disgusted faces as Harold, Cody and Noah back away slowly*
    Geoff: Oh, snap! He did NOT just say that!
    Ezekiel: My dad told me to look out for the girls here, eh? And help 'em incase they can't keep up!
    *Eva picks up Zeke from the neck, choking him*
    Eva: Still think we need your help keeping up?
    Ezekiel: Uh.... not really...

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I can live with seeing them once and never doing so again on my volition.

9. antsamthompson9

I don't blame you.
    Steve Swanson: I am on record for not being a tremendous Dark Crystal fan. I appreciate it for what it is, I think it's a wonderful accomplishment, but it's not something I get into personally. I don't sit and watch the Dark Crystal. It's not my story, that's all.
    JD Hansel: I'm kinda in the same boat. I used to love the Dark Crystal a lot more than I do now, but once I got into screenwriting and what makes a film good, I noticed that this is a really great art project, but it isn't great as a movie or a screenplay. It's good as those things, but not great. It struggles with some story problems, which I think even Brian Henson is on record for saying.

10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

ZORAK: Food. Food!
    MOLTAR: You have a danish.
    VAN PARTIBLE: Yep.
    ZORAK: Gimme that danish!
    VAN PARTIBLE: Okay.
    SPACE GHOST: No Van, don't! It's a trick! He'll take your whole hand!
    VAN PARTIBLE: (Chuckles) I doubt that, but that would be funny, y'know? That would be comedy.
    SPACE GHOST: Wait a minute Van, blood is not funny.
    MOLTAR: Blood is funny! Van's the winner!

11. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Active Member

ROMANA: You're sulking.
    DOCTOR: I'm not sulking.
    ROMANA: That's ridiculous for somebody as old as you are.
    DOCTOR: I'm not old. What?
    ROMANA: Seven hundred and fifty nine?
    DOCTOR: Seven hundred and fifty six. That's not old, that's just mature.
    ROMANA: You've lost count somewhere.
    DOCTOR: Well, I ought to know my own age.
    ROMANA: Yes, but after the first few centuries, I expect things get a little bit foggy, don't they.
    DOCTOR: Now, listen. It's no good, this isn't going to work.
    ROMANA: Doctor, you're not giving me a chance. It's funny, you know, but before I met you, I was even willing to be impressed.
    DOCTOR: Indeed.
    ROMANA: Oh yes. Of course, now I realise that your behaviour simply derives from a subtransitory experiential hypertoid induced condition, aggravated, I expect, by multi-encephalogical tensions.
    DOCTOR: What's that supposed to mean?
    ROMANA: Well, to put it very simply, Doctor, you're suffering from a massive compensation syndrome.
    DOCTOR: Is that the sort of rubbish they're pouring into your head at the Academy?
    ROMANA: Do you know, I might even use your case in my thesis when I'm back on Gallifrey.
    DOCTOR: I'll show you whether I'm suffering from a massive compensation syndrome. And you're not going back to Gallifrey, not for a long time yet, I regret to say. Read out those coordinates again.

12. antsamthompson9

JD Hansel: I had a rant about the Dark Crystal saying, I have nothing against people who prefer Dark Crystal over Labyrinth, I can appreciate that, but what I wanna know is how? How is it possible to like the Dark Crystal over Labyrinth? I know people do it and that's fine but, I don't get the mechanics of that cause it's the Dark Crystal.
    Steve Swanson: Yeah, it's 90 minutes of just weirdness without much of a direction or story.
    JD: There's just so little there. It's just a Gelfling needs to put a crystal shard in a crystal and he does it and there you go. There's nothing to say to Dark Crystal. But then there's Labyrinth, and I can write a book on Labyrinth.
    Steve: Yeah, Labyrinth is a movie. Here's the difference: Labyrinth is a movie, the Dark Crystal is an art project.
    JD: It's an arts and crafts project. I really wanna start a lecture series on Labyrinth, because you could go on and on about all the depth and detail that's there. It's not that Dark Crystal isn't detailed, it's detailed in its own ways, just in ways that don't matter. Labyrinth is detailed in ways that can have you writing whole philosophy books. When David Bowie as the Goblin King is saying "Do as I say and I will be your slave", how is that any different from any addiction? When you look at things that way, Labyrinth becomes this wonderful, beautiful commentary on that.
    Steve: Here's what I don't understand about the Dark Crystal though: Jim Henson didn't completely come up with Sesame Street, but many of the things we love about Sesame came from the mind of Jim and his group, I love the Muppet Show, great characters, wonderful skits, there's hardly a bad episode of the Muppet Show I think we can safely say.
    JD: Well, except for the first season, but that's not the point.
    Steve: Uh, right. Tales from Muppetland, great series of specials, Muppet Musicians of Bremen, the Frog Prince, you got Emmett Otter, the Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper all those, and then you got the Dark Crystal which came from the same guy! And it's like how? Why? I will say this: Jim made Dark Crystal a better movie than any other person on Earth who would have made it. Because it was Jim, it was really creative, fantastic sets amazing art direction, all that kinda stuff. It's just when you put the whole recipe together and cook it, it doesn't give me and it sounds like it doesn't give you a satisfying result. Now some people love it and that's fine. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but for me it doesn't work. But if Stephen Spielberg made Dark Crystal, it wouldn't be as good as Jim's Dark Crystal.
    JD: Yet when Spielberg made ET around the same time that destroyed Dark Crystal at the box office.
    Steve: Well, with that having been said, I think Dark Crystal is a lesser project than Jim's Muppet projects, even things like the Jim Henson Hour, all those things were still really good in comparison to Dark Crystal. Gosh, if anyone's listening right now, they're getting really mad at us if they like Dark Crystal.
    JD: I know. Although, in all fairness, I do like the Dark Crystal, I just don't understand how to love it because, it's lacking in something.
    Steve: Right. If a bunch of Muppet fans got together and said "Let's watch Dark Crystal", I would not say no. I've been to screenings of Dark Crystal and it's been fun. It's just not what I would choose.

13. Froggy Fool

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can."

- Neil Gaiman.

14. antsamthompson9

JD Hansel: In some ways, we can be thankful for when Jim made Dark Crystal, because around the time that was coming out, you had stuff like Great Muppet Caper coming out or Muppets Go to the Movies. So you had a lot of good Muppet stuff coming out around the same time, and you knew there was more to come and Fraggle Rock was in production, but if you get to the last 3 years of Jim's life, the problem with watching stuff from that time period is there's a 50\50 chance that what you're gonna see is a horrible example of the works of Jim Henson.
    Steve Swanson laughs: Oh no. What?!
    JD: It's true. Let's focus on the Henson Hour: You might get lucky and see Dog City, Song of the Cloud Forest, the Storyteller or Secrets of the Muppets, or you might get unlucky and see literally anything else from the Jim Henson Hour.
    Steve laughs: Oh, come on! I did a whole series on that, I like the JHH!
    JD: Okay, I'm sorry. Another example: Regarding Muppet stuff at Disney World, you might get lucky and see MuppetVision 3D, or you might get unlucky and see the live shows that the walk-arounds did at Disney.
    Steve: Okay, but for the time those were pretty good.
    JD: I'm pretty sure people were really eager to see those go away pretty much after the first month they were there.
    Steve: Okay, but if that was the only Muppet thing in the parks and you didn't have MV 3D as an alternative to go to, would you not stand and watch sir?
    JD: I would, but I'd wish I could go see a cool 3D show with the Muppets and cool animatronics and stuff.
    Steve: But you had no idea that was coming!
    JD: That's not the point. Another thing: You might see something cool like, Jim Henson predicting that videos shot by people at home was gonna be one of the leading forms of media that you would watch. You might be lucky and see something like that or you might get unlucky and see his Little Mermaid TV show. A puppet show based on Disney's Little Mermaid. Have you seen clips of that?
    Steve: No I haven't. Where did you find that? Is it online?
    JD: What do you think? Henson Rarities is the one who posted it.
    Steve: But I don't think that's around right now. I think it got taken down again.
    JD: Hold on, lemmie see.
    Steve: I think it's only up in the odd numbered months, I don't know exactly how that works, but I think it's gone for now again.
    JD: Let's see if it's up.
    Steve: I love that channel, but it gets some much attention...
    JD: Oh, it's down right now.
    Steve: Yeah, the powers that be tend to take it down a lot.

15. LittleJerry92

From Crash Tag Team Racing:

Coco: Oops... Coco did it!

16. Froggy Fool

HEEEEY FROGGGGY BAAAAABBBBY!!!!!!! - Grover Monster

muppetgem likes this.
  17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

When Charlie Brown and Linus learn that Linus's friend Janice has cancer. . . .

CHARLIE BROWN: Are you going to die?
    LINUS: Good grief, Charlie Brown! What kind of question is that?!
    YOUTUBE: OMG! Charlie Brown is such an insensitive little b@$+@rd!!! How could he ask such a question like that?!
    ME: He's just a little kid! Little kids don't know much about cancer other than people die from it! He's just asking a question any little kid would ask someone they know who has cancer!

muppetgem and LittleJerry92 like this.
  18. LittleJerry92

Not to mention... It's a cartoon, people. Yeesh. :rolleyes: