The New New Quote Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Oscar: How can anyone say it's too expensive, huh? Aren't they aware that according to a study in Environmental Health Perspectives, every dollar we spend on lead paint hazard control produces returns of at least 17 to one.
John Oliver: Wow. That is an astonishing level of economic insight coming from someone who lives in a trash can.
Oscar: Hey. This can is rent-controlled. I had it since the '60s.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
"John Stewart is gone for the summer. I'm not actually supposed to say this but, someone got him pregnant. He's gone to a community for older men in a similar situation"
-John Oliver on 'The Daily Show', filling in for John Stewart.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Eric Jacobson: This is something that Grover that I watched when I was a kid had, but along the way, his hands got armatured. So they were just kinda stiff, so you could pose his fingers and wrap his hands around props and whatnot. And I think that's why they did it. But originally they were floppy like this, and we've gone back to making them floppy again which I love.
Grover as he flops his fingers: I love it! I can do this all day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Eric Jacobson: This is something that Grover that I watched when I was a kid had, but along the way, his hands got armatured. So they were just kinda stiff, so you could pose his fingers and wrap his hands around props and whatnot. And I think that's why they did it. But originally they were floppy like this, and we've gone back to making them floppy again which I love.
Grover as he flops his fingers: I love it! I can do this all day.
How's that for a coincidence - I pretty much said something similar about Steve here very recently, didn't I?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Lincoln Loud: What does a guy have to read comics in his undies

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Dave Goelz: We have a cast of 7 performers, and several of them have never even met Jim. They've come along and taken over other characters. But what I'm always amazed by is, somehow the essence of what Jim did seeped through the screen and effects them and how it guides them. And they're so dedicated to persevering Jim's work as faithfully and as reverently as they can. It's remarkable, you know.

mr3urious

Reaction score
"People who sing like that should be drug out into the street and shot."

- Garfield

cjd874

Reaction score
Guy Smiley: Our first panelist is the warm and witty Mr. Bennett Snerf!
Bennett Snerf: Thank you, Guy. As the firefly said when he sat in the water, I'm DE-LIGHTED to be here.

Sesame Street, Episode 131: "What's My Part" sketch