The New New Quote Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
On an episode of DillonGale, Ryan Dillon and Mark Gale discuss the Sesame appearance from the '82 Emmys.
Ryan: So the other day, I found this SS performance from the 1982 Emmys, which I've never seen and nobody at work had ever seen. I showed it to everybody and they were all flabbergasted.
Mark: I'd never seen this.
Ryan: It starts with the whole human cast on stage with Barkley, and all these children that look like they're from Annie the Musical. They're like "We are children and we're singing on a stage."
Mark: Yeah, they're real showy.
Ryan: Their hamming it up. And then it cuts to Kermit the Frog.
Mark: Which is crazy in itself.
Ryan: He's on this terrible blue screen, so his eyes are keyed out and the folds in his neck are keyed out. It's very apparent that "Jim Henson is in England and can't be bothered so we're gonna do it like this." And the Muppets that they picked are basically anyone that Jerry Nelson ever picked up and horses. Cause no other Muppeteer was available.
Mark: Their Muppet selection makes no sense.
Ryan: It's the Count, Farley, two horses, Herry.
Mark: Sherlock Hemlock is there.
Ryan: Sherlock Hemlock with Telly, which makes zero sense.
Mark: Right. Telly's telling some joke and Sherlock is looking at him and sorta laughing.
Ryan: One of the things I never thought of ever is there are 2 different talking Muppet horses on SS.
Mark: Well I've thought of this. That's the difference between you and me. But I've never seen them together.
Ryan: Why would you? They're the exact same puppet. There's also these Anything Muppets and all of them look like they're staring out into space. They have these tiny little pupils and none of them are looking in the camera. They look like psycho zombie AMs. And there's a purple kid who's got this awful baseball hat on. (Imitates Rusty's gruff voice) And he talks like this. He's just in the middle of the action.
Mark: Never saw him before or again, and yet he's out there with Herry Monster and Sherlock Hemlock.
Ryan: That's the thing. It's like "Jerry, we're really sorry, but you're gonna have to do the Emmys, because nobody else can do it."
Mark: Nobody else can make it, and he's like "Alright, **** it. I'll get on the plane." And he comes in and it's like "Okay Jerry, which characters did you do in your time at SS? I dunno, he looks kinda familiar. I did him, the detective, I know him."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views"
- the Doctor

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
JD Hansel: Let's talk about something we all loved, the Pigs in Space videos on YouTube!
Steve Swanson: (Disappointed sigh).
JD: Yeah no, I didn't love those.
Jarrod Fairclough: Why not?
JD: I was so disappointed by the first PIS video that I haven't watched the second one. And it's been a month.
Steve: The second one was better.
Jarrod: Yeah, it was better, and I think you can spend 5 minutes watching the second one.
Steve: OK, but Jarrod, these weren't good.
Jarrod: I will completely disagree, I really enjoyed each of them. If only because it was new Muppet content that I had something to report on.
Steve: That's what I wanna talk about: right there. People will say "Oh, but it's something new from the Muppets." That doesn't matter, it wasn't good.
JD: Preach.
Jarrod: OK, why didn't you like it? I genuinely really enjoyed it.
Steve: OK, that's fine. I went into it as super jazzed as everyone else was. I wanted to see the new PIS. They made it a big thing. Next Friday, get ready for new PIS.
JD: They contacted me directly. Like, it was a big deal.
Steve: So a lot of fanfare and buildup and I just felt like the jokes were so weak. The writing was so bad. And I know the people who created this thing. Come on, you guys can do better than this, I've seen you do better than this. I felt like all the jokes were weak. I feel like PIS benefits from the Muppet Show laugh-track. And I'm not sure why it wasn't a possibility to put that element into it. But the puppetry was great. Pepe jumping in and outta the hole in Link Hogthrob's chest as if it was a trampoline or something. I mean it was a little grotesque, but it was interesting. But it just wasn't funny, Jarrod. And the second one was a solid B- if that.
Jarrod: OK, I would have flipped the order. I would've had the second one first. I think the second one was stronger than the first one, if only because it had Kermit in it. And I enjoyed the joke at the end where it was revealed that Kermit was actually a puppet being operated by Link. It felt very PIS-y I guess to me. I can understand why you didn't love it, I don't think it was their best work, but I don't think it deserves as much hatred as you're throwing at it.
Steve: Well, I don't need it to be the PIS of yore, but I do want something that I can sink my teeth into. I want something that has character. This was just a collection of bad jokes that any character could have said. I felt like the material and characters were completely interchangeable. And then it became more annoying for me, because everyone except me was saying "It's something new from Muppets. Even if it's not great, it's awesome just because it's something else from Muppets". No, you're encouraging bad behavior. If you say this is good, then it's not gonna get better, guys. You're just gonna get more of this.
JD: I think that's exactly right, Steve. I think that's true. But I'm glad one of the 3 of us was able to enjoy it, so it was not for nothing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"You might be cool, but you'll never be Waylon Jennings driving a pickup truck with Big Bird riding shotgun cool." ~ YouTube meme

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows about my last quote, I'm on Jarrod's side. I just thought it was interesting that people on here seemed to like the new Pigs In Space videos, but the two most prominent Muppet podcasters didn't like it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"I'm oolld. . . . I'm beeaat uupp. . . . I'm wooorrred awaaayyy. . . ." ~ Rover Joe

cjd874

Reaction score
Who's up for some Whose Line?

Drew Carey: "Things you can say about your computer, but not your girlfriend..."
Ryan Stiles: "Ohhh...it's gone down again."
Brad Sherwood: "That was easier to get into than I thought."
Ryan: "Next year, I'm getting rid of it and getting a new model."

Drew: "Things you can say about your dog but not your girlfriend..."
Ryan: "What did you just do? What did you just do? Am I going to have to rub your nose in that?" (laughter)
Colin Mochrie: "COME!" (uproarious laughter and squeals)

Drew: "Professions where breaking into song is discouraged..."
Colin: (singing) "I'm a MIIIIIME!"

Drew: "Things to say that will always start a fight..."
Ryan: "Hey, you guys wanna fight?"

Drew: "Something you've always wanted to tell your parents, but couldn't until now..."
Colin: "I'm adopted."

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Who's up for some Whose Line?

Drew Carey: "Things you can say about your computer, but not your girlfriend..."
Ryan Stiles: "Ohhh...it's gone down again."
Brad Sherwood: "That was easier to get into than I thought."
Ryan: "Next year, I'm getting rid of it and getting a new model."

Drew: "Things you can say about your dog but not your girlfriend..."
Ryan: "What did you just do? What did you just do? Am I going to have to rub your nose in that?" (laughter)
Colin Mochrie: "COME!" (uproarious laughter and squeals)

Drew: "Professions where breaking into song is discouraged..."
Colin: (singing) "I'm a MIIIIIME!"

Drew: "Things to say that will always start a fight..."
Ryan: "Hey, you guys wanna fight?"

Drew: "Something you've always wanted to tell your parents, but couldn't until now..."
Colin: "I'm adopted."
I am!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Sayonara suckers!

- Roger Klotz (Doug)

Various hellos and hi's such as Hey Funnie or Heya Funnie.

Also from Roger Klotz.