The New New Quote Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
JD Hansel: So Miss Piggy randomly sings a number with, I never heard of this artist before. Tell me what you know of this artist.
Steve Swanson: Really? Oh, Ingrid Michaelson is delightful.
JD: Okay.
Steve: No, legitimately talented. I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of her work, I don't necessarily have an Ingrid Michaelson playlist on Spotify, but she's very good at what she does. And you should absolutely listen to her stuff because you would actually like it.
JD: Listeners, please hold while I ask what playlists Steve has on Specify.
Steve: Alright, so playlists: I have one called Daus' Songs by an artist named Daus. I have a Josh Radin playlist.
JD: I never heard of either of those artists.
Steve: A couple playlists from some weddings I played over the summer.
A couple from some of my voice students. Two Halloween music playlists, Halloween Hoopla 1 and 2, a playlist made from an album called The Lone Bellow, a lot of wedding music, cause I play a lot of weddings. And that's about it.
JD: Currently, in my playlist, I got songs by Elton John, Leslie Gore, Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons, an ELO song, a Henry Mancini song, a couple Gloria Estefan songs, various orchestras, Al Hirt's recording of Java, I Call Your Name by the Beatles, Herod's song from Jesus Christ Superstar, a few Herb Alpert tracks, a couple Elvis songs, some classic rock songs, and My Eyes from Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift someone else up." ~ Booker T. Washington

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I want @Duke Remington to weigh in on this, cause the only thing I agree with him on is Piggy needs to act like the rest of the Muppets are her friends.
JD Hansel: One of the interesting things about Piggy is that she has a character that sort of necessitates for her to be one of the few female Muppets in the group. We talk a lot about why aren't there more female Muppets. We obviously want there to be more females in the group, but episode 13 of the Muppets on ABC got me thinking sorta like that Marx Bros. line "I wouldn't wanna be a part of any club that would have me." I don't think that Piggy would wanna be in any group of entertainers where there were other female characters on her level. She naturally is the type of person who tries to push other, or even if she doesn't try, she just ends up pushing other women away. It's just what she does, she always feels in some ways threatened by them, or that they're lesser than her. It's always one or the other. She can't ever handle the idea of being equals with someone. She can deal with Janice being there because, she's just gonna hang out with the other band members, and she's totally zoned out and isn't a thread to Piggy. She doesn't care about Camilla, because she's only been interested in Gonzo as far as we know. Maybe recently that changed but she's never been much of a thread. Skeeter's gone, we don't know why. Maybe that's Piggy's fault as well. Yolanda's a rat, so I don't think Piggy's got too much to worry about there. She's gotten herself situated in a group of people where she gets to be the leading lady and there's no competition. And I think whither she realizes it or not, it may be subconscious, she's actively keeping it that way. What other woman would wanna be a part of the Muppets if they had to constantly deal with Piggy pushing her away from Kermit and pushing her outta the spotlight? She's the type of character that repels other female Muppets from even being a possibility, unless we're getting a situation like Denise in which there's supposed to be a contrast there. They're not supposed to get along. But if you try to introduce other female Muppets to be Piggy's friends, or even to share the spotlight, it's not gonna go very well. She made fun of Annie Sue on the original Muppet Show, similarly to the way that she would make fun of Denise on the new show actually, calling her a kid and all that stuff. That's just what she does. No wonder Annie Sue didn't hang out with the Muppets all that much more after the Muppet Show. Who'd wanna have to deal with more of the pig's crap? Well, Annie Sue actually looked at Piggy with rose-colored glasses now that I think about it. There's also this interview that Piggy did on a morning show once. Someone was asking her about what it's like with her friends the Muppets. And she kinda goes "Oh, I don't have any friends." And everyone's like "Aww." And she's like "No, don't aww. I like it that way." And so it's interesting for me to see the contrast between the attitude she had about the whole no-friends thing there in relation to the way it's handled in this episode.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Alway remember that the future comes one day at a time." ~ Dean Acherson

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I think @Duke Remington is gonna love my next few quotes, because they're all about how Miss Piggy has improved on the ABC show. From episode 15 of Let's Talk Muppets.
JD Hansel: Kermit was pretty sure he was gonna see a tissue box hit the window and I was too. I think that moment did work.
Jarrod Fairclough: That shows her growth over the last 16 episodes. Because you watch her in the pilot episode, she absolutely would have thrown tissues and probably more at him. But over the last 16 episodes, we've seen her go from a completely obnoxious diva into someone who cries about being replaced.
JD: Now the question I do have, because this is on some small level a concern for me, is their primary way of humanizing Piggy just making her less aggressive and more of a cry-baby?
Arianne Gallagher: I don't think so. I think why that moment was so great, was because it was a key powerful moment where it shows that she's vulnerable. We've seen in multiple spots where she's always trying to be the powerful one, the strong one, nothing can affect her, she has no weaknesses, and you see that with her. With this scene, it was a very real emotion. It was the first step of her moving down the Hollywood ladder, and just being a B-level star and how awful that would be for her. And just showing that moment of vulnerability, where we kinda see some of that in a meaningful way, and not in a mean diva way. I thought that was a really good moment. So I don't think it's necessarily her being humanized by her being a cry-baby. It's just finding those key parts of the story where they show her weaknesses and her vulnerability and that she does have concerns and she does have faults and things that she worries about. I think that's the key of why these past couple episodes have worked so well, because we've seen a lot of those moments where she feels vulnerable and we see her reacting to that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

"Too bad reality always conquers imagination, though." ~ Me

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
"Okay, pipe down you hooligans or you'll be in detention till Christmas yet to come!"

- Ms. Finster, Recess

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
"Hi out there! It's me Steve! Have you seen Blue, my puppy?"
-Steve Burns

"Dishonor on your whole family! Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!"
-Mushu

"Curse you, Perry the Platypus!"
-Dr. Doofenshmirtz

"What did you to my Pecan Sandies?"
-Roger (American Dad!)

"Dear God, please bring back Buffy the Vampire Slayer,"
-Tim the Bear (The Cleveland Show)

"What a twist!"
-M. Night Shamylan (Robot Chicken)

"Growing up, I was a very spiritual kid,"
-Kristin Chenoweth

"Garbage Pail Kids? Does the title even sound like it's going to attempt at being a good movie?"
-The Nostalgia Critic

"OMG! I'm a tomato,"
-Mayor Adam West

"Dinkleberg!"
-Timmy Turner's Dad

"FAIRY GOD PARENTS!"
-Mr. Crocker

"Zoo wee mama!"
-Rowley Jefferson (Diary of a Wimpy Kid)

"HELLO! Mr. McFly,"
-Biff the Bully (Back to the Future)

"Me and Jenny were like peas and carrots"
-Forrest Gump

"My mom doesn't let me say the D word so I say gammit,"
-Fred Figglehorn

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller