The New New Quote Thread

Old Thunder

Reaction score
You thought it was over; it's not over
I'll be back; I brought my axe.

~Cannibal Corpse, "The Pick-Axe Murders"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
GOOFY: It's a vacation with me and mah best buddy!
MAX: Oh, Donald Duck?
NOSTALGIA CRITIC AS GOOFY: Naw, he's gone all angular and weird. I'm kinda afraid of 'im now.
"Roxanne".... You don't have to put on the red one tonight.

See what I did there? :big_grin:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
"It's a cheeseburger stuffed inside a cheeseburger with two deep fried cheeseburgers as buns.... And then we add our special ketchup that we got from the himileas."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Mel: "So, you're department has banned me from attending games just because I said 'you suck' to the players"
Ron: "According to the complaint, you yelled it at five year old girls."
Mel: "Who suck!!! Why is that so hard to understand!!!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
From a DragonCon panel with the voice of Squidward.
Fan: Growing up watching SpongeBob, my favorite episodes were the older ones compared to the newer ones. And I wanna know, do you prefer the older episodes to the newer ones?
Rodger Bumpass: Now that's a good question, cause I've heard this comment several times and I'm wondering, cause I'm gonna ask you to critique this, what's the difference between the early episodes and the ones you're talking about? Cause it could be you experienced the early episodes when you were a much younger age, and animation was a different animal to you that you got older, smarter, wiser and more perceptive. So I'm wondering what is the real difference? All shows have evolution, writers come and go, and sometimes the new writers are good with keeping what made the initial show good and sometimes they're not, they get away from that. And they get back to it a little later when they realize they made a mistake. So do you have any idea what the initial shows were to let you make that comment?
Fan: I honestly thought they were more clever and funnier the way they went on, like the episode where they got stranded in the forest, and the plane dropped a bunch of supplies. I loved it, it was genus to me. And in the newer episodes like how Plankton does stuff, all that jazz.
Rodger: Yeah, I have to say, one of the things I like about the initial episodes, I'm answering my own question here, was they would do things called an abstraction, where they would take a little action and repeat it over and over until it became funny. Like SpongeBob's laughter. It was simple, not a whole lot of dialog. And the pour writers, as they do with lots of things, they get wordy, and it becomes a sitcom after awhile, and it's not indicative of what a real cartoon is, which is this visual, sound, and voice sort of quality. Plankton's a great example of that. I don't mean to bad-mouth him but, when Plankton's in an episode, he's very verbal. It's just all him talking the entire time, and although it's funny, it's not what cartoons are about. You don't even have to have a cartoon, it could be live-action. So my favorite thing, I think this might be what you're referring to, is that simplicity, that abstraction I just mentioned, that I think is absolutely the essence of SB and that's what we had in the initial episodes. So thank you for helping me answer your question.

Last edited:

cjd874

Reaction score
Interviewer: Congratulations on winning your first Grammy, Frank.
Frank Zappa: Thank you...accidents will happen sometimes.