Why I'd FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
"I embrace death like it was my mommy"

- Langston Hughes (probably)

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm sure Shane will like my next few quotes, cause last year, he watched Dark Crystal and Labyrinth for the first time.
Ryan Roe: I'm not sure how much I'd wanna get into the Dark Crystal.
Ryan Dosier: The movie already puts me to sleep, why would I wanna read an article that would put me to sleep?
Steve Swanson: Well, too bad for the Ryans, because the next story is about the Power of the Dark Crystal. Being produced in Australia currently, it'll of course be a 3d film when it comes out in the future, probably by that time we'll have holographic films, but the company doing most of the CGI work is called Omnilab, who also worked with Henson on Where the Wild Things Are, another visually interesting, yet not very entertaining movie.
Joe Hennes: Wrong!
Roe: That one is a matter of opinion.
Steve: Look, you know I'm not the world's biggest fan of the Dark Crystal. I understand its importance.
Joe: None of us are in this conversation. I feel bad for the Dark Crystal fans who are listening to this podcast.
Steve: I think we all feel its importance in the life and legacy of Jim Henson, and as a technical film achievement it's pretty cool to look at, but it just wasn't that good of a movie.
Joe: It's a beautiful movie. It's a beautiful boring movie.
Steve: There's gonna be a lot of spin on this movie, simply because it's the Dark Crystal, trying to make it sound like it was the greatest movie of all time so we should all go watch the sequel. That's all fine and good, that's what movie marketing is about, but you can't effectively spin the first film into something that it wasn't, cause story-wise it just doesn't hold up.
Joe: You gotta remember, we all don't care for that movie, but there are a ton of Dark Crystal fanatics out there, who couldn't care less about the Muppets at all, they just love the Dark Crystal. So I think when they start spinning the Dark Crystal as fantastic, there will be a ton of people responding "H***s yeah!"
Roe: Yeah, there are many Dark Crystal fans out there. Every year or so on our forum, we have a poll saying "Dark Crystal good or crap?" And the people who defend it are very vocal.
Joe: Now what I wanna know is where's my Labyrinth sequel?
Steve: Well, yeah. And the reason I like that more is cause I'm more interested in that story I guess. When I watch Dark Crystal, I always have the same reaction which is: I get that what you're doing is important to you, but I have no context of why it's important and I'm not emotionally involved in the story. It's just something you get or understand the first couple times you see it, you gotta watch it a couple times.
Joe: Wait, you don't like Dark Crystal or Labyrinth?
Steve: No I like Labyrinth, that's what I'm saying. It's a totally different experience for me. I relate to Labyrinth a lot more than Dark Crystal.
Joe: Oh you were describing your reaction to Dark Crystal. I thought you were talking about Labyrinth.
Roe: So what you're saying is you can sympathize with a teenage girl much more than a little elf guy?
Steve: Far more easily.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ezekiel: Well, I just don't get why we lost, eh? They're the ones that have six girls....
*Katie and Sadie gasp*
Bridgette: What's THAT supposed to mean?
Eva: Yeah, home-schooled? ENLIGHTEN US!
Ezekiel: Well, guys are much stronger and better at sports than girls are!
*Katie and Sadie show disgusted faces as Harold, Cody and Noah back away slowly*
Geoff: Oh, snap! He did NOT just say that!
Ezekiel: My dad told me to look out for the girls here, eh? And help 'em incase they can't keep up!
*Eva picks up Zeke from the neck, choking him*
Eva: Still think we need your help keeping up?
Ezekiel: Uh.... not really...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm sure Shane will like my next few quotes, cause last year, he watched Dark Crystal and Labyrinth for the first time.
Ryan Roe: I'm not sure how much I'd wanna get into the Dark Crystal.
Ryan Dosier: The movie already puts me to sleep, why would I wanna read an article that would put me to sleep?
Steve Swanson: Well, too bad for the Ryans, because the next story is about the Power of the Dark Crystal. Being produced in Australia currently, it'll of course be a 3d film when it comes out in the future, probably by that time we'll have holographic films, but the company doing most of the CGI work is called Omnilab, who also worked with Henson on Where the Wild Things Are, another visually interesting, yet not very entertaining movie.
Joe Hennes: Wrong!
Roe: That one is a matter of opinion.
Steve: Look, you know I'm not the world's biggest fan of the Dark Crystal. I understand its importance.
Joe: None of us are in this conversation. I feel bad for the Dark Crystal fans who are listening to this podcast.
Steve: I think we all feel its importance in the life and legacy of Jim Henson, and as a technical film achievement it's pretty cool to look at, but it just wasn't that good of a movie.
Joe: It's a beautiful movie. It's a beautiful boring movie.
Steve: There's gonna be a lot of spin on this movie, simply because it's the Dark Crystal, trying to make it sound like it was the greatest movie of all time so we should all go watch the sequel. That's all fine and good, that's what movie marketing is about, but you can't effectively spin the first film into something that it wasn't, cause story-wise it just doesn't hold up.
Joe: You gotta remember, we all don't care for that movie, but there are a ton of Dark Crystal fanatics out there, who couldn't care less about the Muppets at all, they just love the Dark Crystal. So I think when they start spinning the Dark Crystal as fantastic, there will be a ton of people responding "H***s yeah!"
Roe: Yeah, there are many Dark Crystal fans out there. Every year or so on our forum, we have a poll saying "Dark Crystal good or crap?" And the people who defend it are very vocal.
Joe: Now what I wanna know is where's my Labyrinth sequel?
Steve: Well, yeah. And the reason I like that more is cause I'm more interested in that story I guess. When I watch Dark Crystal, I always have the same reaction which is: I get that what you're doing is important to you, but I have no context of why it's important and I'm not emotionally involved in the story. It's just something you get or understand the first couple times you see it, you gotta watch it a couple times.
Joe: Wait, you don't like Dark Crystal or Labyrinth?
Steve: No I like Labyrinth, that's what I'm saying. It's a totally different experience for me. I relate to Labyrinth a lot more than Dark Crystal.
Joe: Oh you were describing your reaction to Dark Crystal. I thought you were talking about Labyrinth.
Roe: So what you're saying is you can sympathize with a teenage girl much more than a little elf guy?
Steve: Far more easily.
I can live with seeing them once and never doing so again on my volition.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I can live with seeing them once and never doing so again on my volition.
I don't blame you.
Steve Swanson: I am on record for not being a tremendous Dark Crystal fan. I appreciate it for what it is, I think it's a wonderful accomplishment, but it's not something I get into personally. I don't sit and watch the Dark Crystal. It's not my story, that's all.
JD Hansel: I'm kinda in the same boat. I used to love the Dark Crystal a lot more than I do now, but once I got into screenwriting and what makes a film good, I noticed that this is a really great art project, but it isn't great as a movie or a screenplay. It's good as those things, but not great. It struggles with some story problems, which I think even Brian Henson is on record for saying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ZORAK: Food. Food!
MOLTAR: You have a danish.
VAN PARTIBLE: Yep.
ZORAK: Gimme that danish!
VAN PARTIBLE: Okay.
SPACE GHOST: No Van, don't! It's a trick! He'll take your whole hand!
VAN PARTIBLE: (Chuckles) I doubt that, but that would be funny, y'know? That would be comedy.
SPACE GHOST: Wait a minute Van, blood is not funny.
MOLTAR: Blood is funny! Van's the winner!