1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The New New Quote Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 3, 2014.

1. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

"Can't let you do that, Star Fox!"

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

"I don't think so Tim"

- Al Borland

3. CBPuppets

CBPuppets Well-Known Member

Bob Chandler: Get away from that internet! I'm cutting it down right Now!"
    --Bob Walks in--

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

"Did that monkey just come out your crack, man?!" ~ Gangbanger

5. CBPuppets

Fox: Just who I need to see, Star Wolf!
    --Star Fox 64--

6. D'Snowth

"Rick 'em in the rishpan, roo-roo-roo!" ~ Courage the Cowardly Dog

7. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Eustace: "Kick 'em in the rishpan, hoo-hoo-hoo?"

8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Brian Henson shows the sword fight with Kermit and Tim Curry from MTI at an event in August 2018.
    "We did the shot on the beach without Kermit there, with the camera moving and tilting up and down, and we had poofs that were poofing the sand, and strings that were flipping the branches, and then Steve Whitmire performing Kermit, then dressed in blue with fluorescent lights, actually just rehearsed over and over again to play-back at that place so they hit the feet where the sand was and hit the branch on the branch flip, an then he got every flip in. It was really quite amazing, I think he rehearsed it for a couple of days, and then when he went in to shoot, on take two I was like "Well, dang! You did it." It came out really good.

9. D'Snowth

"Howdy." ~ Rowlf

10. D'Snowth

SCOOP: What do you have against the Muppets?
    SKIP: Nothin'.
    SCOOP: What do you have against Jim Henson?
    SCOOP: What do you have against me?
    SCOOP: What do you have against Wilson's Meats?
    SKIP: Well, I'm a vegetarian.

Scoop shoots Skip.

11. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Double D: do you realize you ate a five block radius of your bed?

Ed not only that but I have ate a five block radius of my bed. Oh, Jim got a haircut.

D'Snowth likes this.
  12. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Kermit: What is the banana sketch?
    Fozzie: Go on, tell him. Go ahead, tell him. Tell him. Tell him.
    Sandy: You wanna tell him?
    Fozzie: You tell him. You tell him. You tell him.
    Sandy: Okay, I'm gonna try.
    Fozzie: Yeah?
    Sandy: Okay. Well, all right. All right.

Sandy and Fozzie are barely able to hold their laughter.

Sandy:
    Like, these two banan — These two bananas … are walking down the str … I can't stand it! It hurts to laugh! (laughs hysterically)

13. CBPuppets

Weevil: Well, that wasn't so bad

Rex: Yeah, other then the tornado damage, the random lightning explosions and the poisonous acid rain, it was a piece of cake!

--Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode: In the name of the Pharaoh--

14. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Spongebob: “Run Mr. Krabs! Run like you’re not in a coma!”

15. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

JD Hansel: The Happytime Murders. So it's now at the point where it's nominated for Razzies. It was a thoroughly hated movie, even if it was in some respects very impressive, and we discussed it on the show before, it was, boy! It wasn't just the people who hate Melissa McCarthy who hated this, it seems like critics and the internet all united together to hate HM. I still think as a movie, it could've done a better job of managing audience's expectations since the whole thing is about subverting audience's expectations, they needed to know what knowledge the audience was going in with, what the audience thought they were going to see, as a director, Brian Henson should have figured out how this thing was gonna be marketed, 'cause given the film's hook and the stuff that was talked about in press and interviews beforehand, Melissa McCarthy saying "It's sex and puppets combined! Who could resist this?" They should have been able to figure out what people were coming in expecting to see, how people expected different children's puppet shows, Sesame, Muppets and all that to be parodied or lampooned in this, and made sure they handled it appropriately. But as it is now, it's not a movie that I hate, it's a movie I can watch again, it's just not a movie that was as good as it could have been.
    Jarrod Fairclough: I said this in our review episode: A lot of the blame has to go to the promotion of that film, cause it was not promoted well at all. Even to the point where Melissa McCarthy, Elizabeth Banks, Maya Rudolph, Joel McHale, none of them went on any talk shows to promote it. It was almost as if they didn't want it to exist. Like they wanted to forget they made this big film.
    JD: Or there's also a matter of money here. The reason why Mark Hamill is gonna go to different talk shows and promote a Star Wars movie that he thinks shouldn't exist, Disney has the money to make that happen. This was a fairly small film when you think about it, the Henson Company isn't a major studio, STX is also not that big. So I don't think they had the power to write in the contract, "The reason we're paying you this money is cause you also have to go around and promote it." So the fact that as many people knew about it, compared to how small it was in comparison to the summer blockbusters and stuff, it's kinda impressive.

16. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Percy: Got yourself in a bit of a jam, eh, James? A sticky situation???

17. CBPuppets

Rowlf: I'm the Muppets big lovable shaggy dog Rowlf from ABC's the Jimmy Dean Show!

Froggy Fool likes this.
  18. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Spongebob, to a mailman: So, do you deliver your own mail, or do you have your own mailperson? But then who delivers his mail? Is there a neverending chain of mailmen delivering mail to other mailmen?

19. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

"I don't understand it, but I'm sure it's a lovely sentiment." ---Sam the Eagle, after Dr. Teeth "explains" the lyrics to the song 'Mack the Knife'

The Muppet Show, Episode 315 (Lesley Ann Warren)

20. D'Snowth

KERMIT: Boy, could I tell you guys about love!
    DROOP: Okay, tell us about it.
    KERMIT: I don't want to talk about it.
    OTHERS: Good!!
    KERMIT: I'll sing about it!
    OTHERS: Ugh!!
    DROOP: Oh no, he's gonna sing. . . .

Froggy Fool likes this.