1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The New New Quote Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 3, 2014.

1. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Statler: You know what's wrong with this theater? It's the seats!
    Waldorf: What's wrong with them?
    Statler: They're facing the stage! Hohohohohohoho!!!

ConsummateVs likes this.
  2. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Yellow Pearl: Have a nice extraction, Pink Lasagna.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Squidward: "Patrick, just how stupid ARE you?"

Patrick: "It varies"

4. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Baloney:
    I is for imagine, M is for me, A is for the letter A, G is for G.
    I is for imagine, N is for nice, E is for egad! I said 'imagine' twice!

Froggy Fool likes this.
  5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

JD Hansel: A big part of what makes television not terrible right now, which to me is refreshing because I grew up in a time period when TV was by and large terrible, what makes it work is there are these companies like Netflix and Amazon Prime that aren't getting in the way of creators creating good things. When you look at a lot of shows that have been made by talented people but failed in the past, like there's an episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee in which John Mulaney talks about his failed sitcom, and how the problem there was just too many suits in the room. Too many people who were not comedy writers coming in and telling the comedy writers what to do. There's this common theme of shows writers have worked on that have sucked because, they've complained that as soon as they were done writing, a conga line of 40 executives come into the room delivering their studio notes saying "This is what you need to do instead of being funny." And then you get a show that's not very enjoyable. So creative freedom is a big draw to Amazon and Netflix for good creators who have cool ideas, and I like that. I think that this new creativity and this openness to try new things is a very good thing that is making television watchable right now.
    Steve Swanson: Completely agree.
    JD: I actually like watching TV now.

6. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

(From Muppet Guys Talking, two of my favorite moments)

Bill Barretta: One of my favorites is the guy that hangs out with Grover in those bits---
    Frank Oz: Oh yeah! Fat Blue!
    Jerry Nelson: Yeah...Mr. Johnson as we sometimes called him.
    Frank: How did you get Fat Blue?
    Jerry: Oh, that was me! (laughter from the others) Getting ****** off at you for taking so long! (Frank laughs) "Oh, I'm sorry, oh let's do it again, take 24..." (everyone starts laughing as Jerry does Fat Blue) "JUST GET ME THE **** HAMBURGER!"

Dave Goelz: Do your camel. Do the camel.
    Fran Brill: What's the camel?
    Dave: From acting class. Do the camel! Please! (Frank's quizzical expression dissolves as he begins to laugh) I haven't seen it in years.
    Fran: I don't know...have I seen this? I must've.
    Bill: Come on. Do it!
    Dave: Do the camel! (Fran, Dave, & Bill start chanting) CAMEL! CAMEL! CAMEL! CAMEL!
    Bill: He does double-hump and single hump. (laughter from all)
    Frank: I think I told you thirty years ago...
    Dave: Thirty five.
    Frank: Thirty-five years ago, I told you about the camel...and NOW you bring it back!
    Dave: I'd just like to see it.
    Frank: I'm not gonna do a god-**** camel!
    Fran: Why?
    Frank (getting agitated): BECAUSE I ---
    Bill: I'll be the sunset (Frank laughs uproariously) and you can be the camel in the foreground.
    Dave: I'll be the desert sand, shimmering...
    Jerry: I'll be a palm tree!
    Fran: I'll be a mirage. (Frank is still in hysterics)

7. CBPuppets

CBPuppets Well-Known Member

WAFFLE: Hello Class of 1985! Today we say goodbye to our School but we say hello to our future. MAKING FRENCH FRIES!
    --Catscratch--

8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

BIG BIRD: Hola, Abelardo!
    ABELARDO: Scram, Big Bird!

9. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Servo: But Joel.... why was the movie so bad?
    Crow: Yeah! It was cool in the beginning with the sidehacking, then they went right down the drain and they had to pad out the film with all that killing!
    Joel: Oh no, Crow.... it wasn’t killing that padded out the film. Only love..... pads the film.

10. CBPuppets

GONZO: Excuse me — Sam! Sam!

SAM EAGLE: Not now, Gonzo.

GONZO: But Sam, this is urgent. Come here!

(GONZO and SAM have a whispered conversation between the TVs left and center.)

SAM EAGLE: What?!

GONZO: Yes!

SAM EAGLE: (Gasps.) Really?! Here?!

GONZO: Yes, indeed. Right over there!

SAM EAGLE: Well of course, certainly. Ladies and gentlemen, we have an unexpected surprise. I have the great honor of introducing the one, the only, Mr. Mickey Mouse!

(RIZZO enters right wearing Mickey ears. HE sings to the tune of the “Mickey Mouse Club March.”)

RIZZO: Na na na na na na na na na na na na na — Hello! Hi there! Welcome to my park. How ya doin’? Hello!

SAM EAGLE: (Sputters.) Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!

RIZZO: What?

SAM EAGLE: You are not Mickey Mouse — you are a rat!

RIZZO: Rat-shmat! Besides, they’re tourists! What do they know?

SAM EAGLE: Will you get out of here?!

RIZZO: Okay, but do I still get my 10 bucks?

SAM EAGLE: Get out! Get out! Get out!

(RIZZO exits, grumbling.)

GONZO: I got Donald Duck back here, I —

SAM EAGLE: Will you get out?!

GONZO: Yes. (Exits.)
    --
    Muppet Vision 3D Pre Show--

11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

REALITY STAR: It is so amazing to spend one-on-one time with my husband with absolutely no chaperones.
    ME: Yeah, that's why you've got an entire camera and production crew following you around everywhere.

12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Green sleeves: Get out of the way, you stupid idiot!
    Rod Rescueman: It’s alright, I’m wearing rubber underwear!

13. CBPuppets

Soldier: Tim, They've got your wife!

Tim: But I'm not Married!

Soldier: You are now! To America!
    --GTA: Vice City--

14. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

"aw yowkols! what do they know about AWt" ~ Gonzo the Great

15. CBPuppets

Slade: For the record, I'm nobody's Servant!
    --Teen Titans: The End Part 3--

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  16. antsamthompson9

Kip Baffle: We're on Instagram @DillonGale and Facebook, the DillonGale Idiots.
    Host 1: I really love your show, by the way. I saw a 5 minute clip of it and I really enjoyed it.
    Kip: Thanks. We haven't done anything in a really long time, but we might be doing more soon. We're working on some stuff.
    Host 2: I hope you do, and in the meantime, you can catch Ryan on the new season of Sesame Street.
    Kip: If you wanna watch children's television, if that's your thing.

17. Misskermie

Misskermie Well-Known Member

"Jean is a nice person. So, she happens to like girls instead of guys. Some people like cats instead of dogs. Frankly, I'd rather live with a lesbian than a cat. Unless the lesbian sheds. Then I don't know."

-Sophia Petrillo, The Golden Girls

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  18. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Anyone know a lesbian? We need to consult with one to find out if they do, indeed, shed.

Misskermie likes this.
  19. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

''Steve Whitmire looks like a poodle.'' - @MWoO talking about Steve Whitmire's hair.

20. antsamthompson9

Jarrod Fairclough: On September 7th, I wrote a post on the Muppet Mindset saying "Is it time to retire the term Muppeteer?" It was just an idea of if Jim Henson didn't like the word, maybe we shouldn't keep using it as we do. I've stopped using it on the website, Frank Oz doesn't like the word, so I said "Is it time to retire it?" A lot of people got super aggressive to me. I got called names that I wouldn't even call JD. Just horrible words. That was probably the worst thing I had to deal with last year. I don't generally delete a lot of comments unless they're aggressive for the sake of aggressive. I deleted so many from that, cause people were just being horrible. And then a week later, ToughPigs wrote a post saying "Maybe we don't need Rizzo anymore. If no one's gonna take over for Steve for Rizzo, maybe it's okay if Rizzo's gone." And some of these same people were like "Oh, that's a wonderful idea, yeah, I get what you mean, fantastic!" I'm like "So you're saying get rid of Rizzo and that's okay, but I say stop saying the word Muppeteer and I'm an ***?"
    Clayton Roederer: I have noticed a tendency for some people if the Muppet Mindset or that side of Muppet fandom says something, they tend to be more skeptical of it whereas they tend to go with almost everything ToughPigs says.
    Jarrod: Look, when I took over the Mindset, a lot of people didn't like it, a lot of people left, a lot of people stopped paying attention to it. I've built up the fandom since then, I've got myself an extra ten-thousand or 15-thousand Twitter followers than I had when I started, Facebook followers as well. So I think I've got myself a nice little niche now, but there are still a faction of fans who don't like me, don't like anything I have to say, and I just tend to ignore a lot of what they write to me.