The New Rhino Cd - A Thought

jetjaguar15

Reaction score
From the looks of things, the new compilation cd is selling quite well right now. Has there been any talk of a possible sequel if this one sells well enough? I know I'd love to have "Somebody's Getting Married" on cd, and there were several other classic muppet songs not on the cd. Any thoughts?

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by jetjaguar15
From the looks of things, the new compilation cd is selling quite well right now.
Is there a source for this? I hope they'll want to do more...

Arekuru

Reaction score
Yep; at Amazon.com they list the ranking of most items, and the new Muppet CD is currently at 120, and has been in the top 100. Out of all of Amazon.com, or even just its CDs, I'd say that's pretty good.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was as high as 70 about a week ago on Amazon.

Another CD is a possibility but according to Rhino nothing official has been decided yet. They are still waiting to see how this release does over the next few months.

fshow

Reaction score
It' s a great CD, I was coming home from work just the other day and traffic was at a stand still and no matter how hard I tried I just could not get mad. With this CD on I just couldn't get angry.
I also remeber about 3 years ago on New Years this club that i was preforming at actually played "Mahna Mahna." Everyone in the whole club was just looking at each other like, "what the..." I think I had the whole dance floor to my self for that song, lord knowns my girlfriend wanted nothing to do with me.
Memories.....

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
If they make a sequel a song by ROWLF might be nice!! I never imagined they could make a Muppets CD without at least ONE SONG by their legendary pianist!!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
yeah,I love the CD, but there's a lot missing that I'd like to see...especially a Rowlf song...

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
i work in music retail and a rep from WEA, the distributer of Rhino told me a few days ago if the cd sells well they may release a BOX SET (no kidding) of the first five movie soundtracks with bonus tracks (demos, alternate versions, etc.) on the discs. it was still a maybe. Also a follow up to the best of, featuring songs from TMS, Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight, and other stuff. Still it was all "maybe", so we'll have to wait and see!

towels

Reaction score
anybody have any sales information?
Is this "selling well"?