The New Weekly Survey Thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I never even thought of the Weekly Survey as a game anyway, and never really understood why it had been moved to the Games board in the first place. That's just me, but whatever.

Okay, thanks, this'll be left here in the General Discussions section then. We now return you to your regularly scheduled surveys. :news:

*Three little Warner children run out of the thread back to their water tower, screaming about the horrors of surveys.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
1. Did you do anything in honor of Jim Henson's birthday today?
2. What post-Jim Muppet/Henson project do you think Jim would be most proud of if he could see it?
3. What do you think Jim would be doing now if he were still alive?
4. Have you seen any of Jim's non-Muppet projects?
5. Which of the original three Muppet movies is your personal favorite?
6. Which of the post-Jim Muppet movies do you feel retained the traditional Muppet spirit the best way?
7. Which Jim and Frank characters do you feel had the best chemistry?
8. Have you seen any footage of Jim's memorial service?
9. Do you feel the Muppet franchise should have continued to live beyond Jim's passing or not?
10. "Rhapsody Rabbit" or "Cat Concerto"?
1. Just watch a bunch Muppet clips that Jim performed in.
2. Most Likely "The Muppets" or maybe "Muppet Christmas Carol"
3. Most Likely a big wig at Disney, Pixar, or Apple
4. Just some of his Sesame stuff
5. Great Muppet Caper
6. Humor-wise; Muppet Treasure Island, Story-wise: "The Muppets"
7. Bert & Ernie
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. Rhapsody rabbit

Schfifty

Reaction score
New survey...

1. What's your favorite Big Bird song?
2. What's your favorite Elmo song?
3. When and how did you first discover YouTube?
4. Do you like to eat pasta?
5. PlayStation, Nintendo, or Xbox?
6. Who is your favorite male Muppeteer?
7. Who is your favorite female Muppeteer?
8. Are you afraid of heights?
9. Favorite part of Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas?
10. Have you watched Arthur?

Answers:
1. "ABC-DEF-GHI"
2. I guess "One Fine Face". I'm not a big fan of Elmo songs to be honest.
3. June 2006. I was surfing Muppet Wiki and saw a link to a YouTube video of Jim Henson's "The King of 8" film. Shortly afterwards I became infatuated with the site.
4. No.
5. Nintendo! I'm not an Xbox person, and PlayStation's got a great line of consoles and games, but Nintendo has some of the greatest video games ever made, and some of the best consoles in the history of video games come from Nintendo, such as the N64 and Wii.
6. Caroll Spinney
7. Fran Brill
8. Yeah.
9. I've actually only seen the bloopers with the drum takes, so that.
10. Not since I was about 9. I watched it on the Random House VHS tapes that came out in the late '90s.

BTW, @The Count -- I think this thread might fit better in Friends and Family, because it's for members here to share about their lives and experiences. General Discussion seems more like a "let's talk about a single subject that's not Muppet-related" kind of board to me. Is it possible to move this to Friends and Family without it getting deleted?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Ooof! Toughie! Toughie, toughie, toughie! Well, I guess the one Big Bird song I go back to is "ABC-DEF-GHI," specifically the 80s version.
2. "In Your Imagination."
3. I actually think it was Tim Kelly (who I don't think even posts here anymore): he used to frequently share his ZOOK & MAX comics with us, and then he eventually shared an episode of a series of short films his brother produced in which the then-new puppet versions of Zook and Max made cameos in.
4. Are you kidding? It's like my biggest weakness! Macaroni and cheese is like my favorite thing in the whole wide world! Whenever I go to Olive Garden, I always get the Pasta Your Way. At Red Lobster, nine times out of ten I get something with pasta as a part of the entree. Need I say more?
5. Nintendo.
6. Oh, gee. Well . . . just about all of them, really. I really can't narrow that list down, because each one has brought so much to their respective characters.
7. Fran and Stephanie. Leslie's a good performer, though her vocal range is very limited. I kind of wish Camille stayed longer.
8. Not at all - being somewhat short, heights give me a thrill.
9. RIVER BOTTOM NIGHTMARE BAAAAAAAAND!
10. Yes, and I still do, however, I mostly stick with the classic seasons like 1-4 and 7 and 8.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
1. Wow, that's a super hard one. Probably "What a Bird". That one really does a great job at putting Big Bird's personality into one song. It's also special because it was one of the last songs Joe Raposo did for the show.
2. Probably "In Your Imagination"
3. I'm not exactly sure how, but I do remember the first thing I watched their was classic SST clips
4. Sure, i've never known anyone who doesn't, that is, except for Schfifty. Pasta is one of the most versatile foods ever. And like D'Snowth said, mac and cheese is like the bestest thing ever! I don't care if mac and cheese is warm or cold, i'll still eat it. Hmm, suddenly i'm reminded of "Green Eggs and Ham" : "I'll eat it here or there, i'll eat it anywhere"

5. Ain't never played no PlayStation nor Xbox, so I gotta go with Nintendo.
6. Well, I love all of them so much, it's impossible to just pick one. Well actually I take that back, Frank Oz is my absolute favorite, but the rest are tied.
7. I really love Fran, Stephanie and Camille (too bad she never got a long running character.) And now that Jennifer is starting to perform on the show more often, i'm starting to appreciate her more. Leslie's a great performer and she's really funny, but her voice kinda grates on the nerves after a while.
8. Absolutely, always have been. Even going on ladders freaks me out.
9. Like D'Snowth said, River Bottom Nightmare Band. But also I really love the puppetry techniques and sets that were used for the special. Also, it's interesting to see Kermit some place that isn't related to the Muppet Show or Sesame Street
10. Heck yeah i've watched Arthur! My older sister and I used to watch it almost every single day, and now that my younger brother is old enough to appreciate it, I watch it with him. I refuse to watch the newer episodes though.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
1. What's your favorite Big Bird song?
2. What's your favorite Elmo song?
3. When and how did you first discover YouTube?
4. Do you like to eat pasta?
5. PlayStation, Nintendo, or Xbox?
6. Who is your favorite male Muppeteer?
7. Who is your favorite female Muppeteer?
8. Are you afraid of heights?
9. Favorite part of Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas?
10. Have you watched Arthur?
1. I just adore four
2. Happy tapping
3. When I saw the Star Wars episode of TMS in 2006
4. Yes
5. Nintendo
6. Too many to list
7. Fran Brill, Jennifer, and Stephine but, Leslie is good as well not very good vocal range
8. At times
9. The Kermit scenes and the outtakes
10. Used too before they became like The Simpsons.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It hasn't quite been a week yet, but I really wanted to start another survey, so here goes:

1.Who's your favorite female character on Sesame Street?
2.Favorite Fraggle?
3.If you could hang out with any Muppeteer past or present, which one would it be (it doesn't matter if they're alive or dead)
4.If you could live on Sesame Street during any era, which era would it be?
5.Do you prefer hamsters or rabbits?
6.Do you have any siblings/How many do you have?
7.What's something that cheers you up when your blue?
8. Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan?
9. Finish this sentence anyway you want, the last word must rhyme with "you": "Helooo, i'm the Nostalgia Critic, I..."
10.Hank Green, John Green or Al Green?

1.Prairie Dawn
2.Probably Mokey
3.Frank Oz. He seems a bit grumpy at times but he's very funny, quick witted and I think there's a lot I could learn from him

4.I would like to live on the street during the Around the Corner era because that's when the street was at it's biggest. Things were lively, weird adventures to be had and that's when the most people lived there, so that's a huge variety of different kinds of neighbors. On the down side though, with that many people living in the neighborhood, the rent must've been pretty high.

5.Rabbits because I think they live much more interesting lives
6.yep, I have three siblings. I have an older sister, a younger sister and a younger brother.
7.Sometimes when i'm really upset, I go to my room and listen to NPR or I watch Bob's Burgers.
8.Bruce Lee is the master, but I like Jackie Chan better.
9."Hello i'm the Nostalgia Critic. I eat babies and you should too."
10.John Green. I haven't read any of his books but I do enjoy his "Crash Course" history videos.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
1. Zoe.

2. Boober.

3. Steve Whitmire.

4. The Around the Corner era.

5. Rabbits.

6. I don't have any.

7. Listen to music.

8. Jackie Chan.

9. Hello, I'm The Nostalgia Critic and I think that you should eat sushi too.

10. Al Green.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Muppet or human? If the former, that's a toughie, because there's been a number of female Muppets that have been good, whether it's Prairie Dawn, Zoe, Rosita, Abby, or others. As for human, Maria, no contest.
2. Probably a toss-up between Red or Mokey.
3. Jim, most definitely. I'd really love to meet Caroll in person one day.
4. Definitely the mid-to-late 80s, it's my fondest earliest memories of the street.
5. Bunnies. After all, I've raised a number of them. Plus, I wouldn't want to eat hamster eggs for breakfast.
6. I have three, all from each of my parents' previous marriages. Two brothers from one of my dad's previous marriages (I've never even met one of them, though), and a brother and a sister from my mom's previous marriages.
7. M*A*S*H.
8. Jackie Chan.
9. ". . . the movie I'm about to review is a stinky pile o' poo!"
10. I'd like to exercize my right to write-in and say Shecky Green. :stick_out_tongue:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score

1.Who's your favorite female character on Sesame Street?
2.Favorite Fraggle?
3.If you could hang out with any Muppeteer past or present, which one would it be (it doesn't matter if they're alive or dead)
4.If you could live on Sesame Street during any era, which era would it be?
5.Do you prefer hamsters or rabbits?
6.Do you have any siblings/How many do you have?
7.What's something that cheers you up when your blue?
8. Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan?
9. Finish this sentence anyway you want, the last word must rhyme with "you": "Helooo, i'm the Nostalgia Critic, I..."
10.Hank Green, John Green or Al Green?
1. Prairie Dawn
2. Uncle Matt
3. Jerry Nelson
4. 70's-80's or Late 90's - Early 2000's
5. Rabbits
6. Only one sibling
7. Decent Fan-fictions or Fan-arts
8. Bruce Lee
9. I have to go to the Lou
10. Seth Green