The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
My stepdad is in the hospital with serious heart issues. Spoke with him & my mom tonight, and though their spirits are up, it doesn't sound good.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope for the best. And I pray that you and your family stay strong no matter what happens.

Charming. Set out boobytraps.
Yes, hopefully something non- lethal. No dead bodies popping out of tombs, or melting people's faces. I was thinking more along the lines of penguins. You hire a bodyguard to throw penguins at all trespassers. As the saying goes, "If all else fails, throw a penguin". I think that saying applies to everything. :zany:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yes, hopefully something non- lethal. No dead bodies popping out of tombs, or melting people's faces. I was thinking more along the lines of penguins. You hire a bodyguard to throw penguins at all trespassers. As the saying goes, "If all else fails, throw a penguin". I think that saying applies to everything. :zany:
Come to think of it, throwing penguins may actually be lethal to someone- it'd be lethal to the penguins.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the good wishes, all. This might just be a bump in his road, but his health has been sinking the past couple of years. He's in his 80s, but until fairly recently was still the kind of guy who'd hike ten miles a day for fun, loaded down with photography equipment. That he's unhappy being ill, and that my mom is undoubtedly more worried than she seems, are the worst parts at the moment. Surgery Friday, then possibly more in a few days.

I'm glad that at least my bro and sis-in-law (who is a doctor) live right there and are able to help out. They coaxed our parents to come with them when they moved back to FL a couple years ago for just this eventuality.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope for the best. And I pray that you and your family stay strong no matter what happens.

Mom is spiritually inclined, and mustering as much positive energy as she can. I'm not one for praying, but hey, sending good thoughts and hopes certainly can't hurt.

Now...what about a penguin cannon?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know this is something I complain about often, but it's something that happens very often, and once again, we're way above average right now, like fifteen degrees or so: we should still only be in the 60s this time of year, but we've already cracked the 80s mark.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I know this is something I complain about often, but it's something that happens very often, and once again, we're way above average right now, like fifteen degrees or so: we should still only be in the 60s this time of year, but we've already cracked the 80s mark.
Don't be silly, climate change isn't real...:wink: