1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Jan 2, 2017.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

3. MikaelaMuppet

Sorry, but I am not kidding about that one. It's not a joke either. It is for real.

4. MikaelaMuppet

Steve Whitmire no longer performing with The Muppets.

5. MikaelaMuppet

So, I think I'm getting sick. Why? I had a headache yesterday and woke up with a dry mouth earlier this morning.

My dad has also been sick for a while too.

Just great.

6. MikaelaMuppet

Now my mom is sick because I gave my sickness to her.

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

My current pair of headphones finally stopped working properly (they were showing signs of wearing out for a while now), but what really makes me frown is that Sentry doesn't even make this particular model of headphones anymore, and they're studio quality headphones. So now, I have two options: either shell out hundreds of dollars for another decent pair of headphones, or go back to using cheap, $5 headphones with lackluster sound quality.

8. MikaelaMuppet

I have to go back to the Verizon store again this weekend because I am back to constantly getting No Service messages once more.

9. D'Snowth

Burned a big batch of popcorn a couple of days ago, but the smell is still permeating throughout the house.

10. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

This entire week honestly.

Mental health center rejecting my health insurance, having to rush on finishing a project wayyyyy overdue for a client, I'm literally amazed I haven't killed the nearest newborn child.

(Thankfully though a woman from another center will be calling me later on today.... Hopefully).

11. MikaelaMuppet

Sorry to hear about all of this.

12. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Today was my last day of work. Now the focus is to get ready for the move to Pennsylvania and finding a job up there. However, I will be forever grateful that I got this opportunity as a first job as a Kennel Technician.

13. MikaelaMuppet

Moving won't be that bad though. I had to move when I was 1.

Still, have fun in your new place though!

scooterfan360 likes this.
  14. D'Snowth

Three months ago I got a fortune cookie fortune that said to remember the date three months later because my lucky star would be shining.

So, here it is three months later, and . . . nothing special or lucky happened today.

Yeah, I know fortune cookie fortunes are a bunch of hooey, but it still would have been interesting if something did, indeed, happen today.

15. LittleJerry92

"FOURTUNE COOKIES R FAEK NOOZ!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!"

[​IMG]

16. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Fortune cookies have as much credibility has a Magic 8-ball.
    Or a wishing well. Or the custom of making a wish and throwing two coins in a fountain.
    Some descendant of P.T. Barnum goes in and picks up the coins every so often, probably laughing his a$$ off."SUCKERS!!!"

17. D'Snowth

I was at Best Buy today, testing out all the different headphones they had available, and unfortuntely, there were only two pairs that delivered sound quality comparible to my now-broken current pair, but the problem is they both were nearly $400.

18. LittleJerry92

Welp, I know someone who's gonna be going on Amazon, amirite?

[​IMG]

19. D'Snowth

Apparently another reason it's hard to find a decent pair of headphones right now is because bass boosting is trendy right now, so most headphones are going to give you overpowering bass and underwhelming treble.

20. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

This is old news, but I'd never heard this before. I was absolutely shocked to find out that the sister from That 70s Show (the blonde girl, I forget her name right now) passed away a few years ago. Because I only became a fan of that show recently, I had no idea she had died at such a young age. Very sad and disappointing to find that out, :(