1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I was watching some of my older videos from earlier this year and I noticed something about one of them that I honestly kind of feel bad about. It's about the song choice, actually (the content itself is fine). The video was a bunch of gross HTF death and injury scenes set to the song The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkle which is a funny concept, but then I remember something. SNL used that song as a tribute to the people who died in the 9/11 tragedy. Considering HTF is a violent show, I'm worried that people will think I'm making fun of the tragedy. I sometimes forget about the association that song now has with 9/11 and probably I should've been more careful when I picked the song. I would never make a skit about such an awful tragedy and I hope nobody takes this video the wrong way:

It was made as a fake "last episode" because I thought HTF had gotten cancelled at the time (although I know realize hadn't) and generally last episodes are somewhat sad, not because I wanted to offend anyone. Please remember that 1visualfxguy and 2MattTV are made to make people laugh not hurt their feelings. I've just felt a little sad after rewatching that video, though.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

No classic Sesame clip on YouTube today. :smirk: hope this isn't another instance of December 2016.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Maybe you can try checking later.

4. LittleJerry92

No, it's always the beginning of the morning when they're up.

I dunno, usually there's a reason to it like a week of classic clips uploaded to honor something (black history month, women's day, etc). Or..... I guess in the case of last Christmas, maybe taking a break.

5. MikaelaMuppet

I checked just now and there aren't a lot of new videos.

6. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

I remember when classic Sesame clips on YouTube were brand new. Summer 2006. First there was about twenty, then a hundred, then the floodgates opened. A number have been deleted or reposted for one reason or another- mostly copyright hassles, but I'm still glad for what's out there.
    Whenever Tiny Dancer or Sesame Maniac gets hold of whole episodes, especially from the first season, that's awesome.

Sesame clips on YouTube is like a gold mine. Sometimes you find worthless rocks, other times you hit the mother lode. But for 11 years it's been a good haul so far.

7. LittleJerry92

It really has, for sure. I'm patient with clips being uploaded, but I do get slightly concerned when Sesame Workshop doesn't post a classic throwback Thursday clip as part of their schedule. Not that I don't understand they have lives of their own (which they do), but when Throwback Thursday seems to be forgotten like it was in the last month of 2016, it does make me wonder.

Eh, no matter, usually like I said above it means they're probably saving up an extra classic clip for something special later on.

8. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

We should be grateful we're seeing so many classic clips pop up recently, even stuff that hasn't been shown on the show or has barely aired, like "Seven Little Monsters" or "Crack Master". Totally unthinkable in the days before the Internet, or even before YouTube.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  9. LittleJerry92

Not even just frown, but made me frustrated. So, my computer chair that I've had over 20 years which I'm now just ready to toss out cause it's coming to the end of the road pretty much destroyed my headphones.

Wires got caught in the bottom and now they're ruined.

10. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Welp, I know someone who's gonna be going on Amazon, amirite?
    [​IMG]

But in all seriousness . . . twenty years? I can't even find a decent non-leather chain that'll last longer than a couple of years! Chairs are always so cheaply made anymore.

11. LittleJerry92

[​IMG]
    Well, you got me there...

Had it for a long, long time. Practically ever since I was born almost. It's definitely shown its age. Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

12. LittleJerry92

Regarding the headphones, THANKFULLY I do have some Sony back-ups.

13. MikaelaMuppet

My computer chair is also falling apart.

14. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

FIFA 18 comes out on Friday not today :(

15. LittleJerry92

Sadly, another day that it appears Sesame Workshop didn't upload a throwback Thursday clip on their channel. Oh well.

I'm guessing they're probably taking a break.

fuzzygobo likes this.
  16. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

A word about taking breaks.
    One job I had years ago, six of us were assigned to complete this project.
    Three of us did all the work, the other three stood around with their thumbs up their butts.
    When the job was done, the lazy three said "We're going on our break".
    Break from WHAT??????!!!!!!!

Don't you actually have to do something resembling WORK to take a break FROM???!!
    Or is this me showing my ignorance again?
    BTW, don't show your ignorance in public. Hefty fine, possible jail time. 8)

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  17. LittleJerry92

Sounds like every college/grade school project.

18. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I hate lazy f*ckers who sit there doing nothing and then claim all the credit

19. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

The phone. Both my cell and my landline all day today! I didn't answer any of the cell calls because I didn't know the number. And when my machine got the ones on the landline, HANG UPS! NOTHING BUT HANG UPS! RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

20. LittleJerry92

Actually, another thing to throw in:

My dad ordered pizza tonight. I got a small buffalo chicken pizza. This must have come from another pizzeria cause the one we usually get (Patriot's pizza) tastes alot better than the one from this place.

I dunno the name, but man was I disappointed. Quality wise, it's like it might as well be a frozen pizza.