The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
That's how society is nowadays and it's pretty sad. Everybody (even other families) are always on their phones at restaurants I go to with my family including teens and kids.

People just don't want to interact with each other face to face or in person, which is why a lot of people probably have no social life and probably never will.

Like I just said, it's sad really.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I have a job interview next week, and I still haven't got the e-mail notification to remind me! What gives? :mad:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Well, no ( although thanks for reminding me I need to apply for a job again). You see, i'm homeschooled, so most of the day i'm at home. Therefore I don't have the built in social structure that you see in an actual school. All my friends, I have to make by actively searching for kids that live in the neighborhood, or going to different homeschool groups, volenteering places, etc. Don't even get me started on how many groups we've tried that just weren't a good fit for me or my mother ( too many young, stuck up moms out there). But luckily, after years of searching, we've found a group with lots of really fun, down to earth kids that I can gladly call my friends ( the first ones i've really had since I was eight). But unfortunately, there's this OTHER group that we're involved with, that is less fun. Luckily the moms enjoy each other, and i'm really happy my mom finally has people to relate to, but their kids (my age) are so annoying and don't do anything but play video games, and they won't even try to have a conversation with you, or. do anything no matter how hard I try. Like, I know their kind of isolated and awkward, but geez, i've seen these guys like twelve times now! When will my mom just let this thing go and acknowledge that the group turned out to be better for her then it did for me??
Ahh. Well...you could always try telling her that...nicely. No reason she can't keep her mom-friends even if you have zero in common with the kids, right?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So my favorite teacher did not come to my graduation at all last night. I was panicking and starting to get really worried that I could not find her, but it turns out in the end that she wasn't feeling well and that's why she didn't show up.