1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Jan 2, 2017.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I think that's essentially their way of telling you they think you're not right for the job without coming right out and telling you they think you're not right for the job. I remember one time several years ago apply for a job, and then it was like a month later I received an email saying the same thing, that they were no longer hiring because they hired someone.

2. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

In spite of how they treat you, it does help to send a thank you note. Even if you think nothing else would come of it.

The dilemma of getting hired anywhere, it's not what you know but WHO you know. When you're young and just starting out, connections are few and far between. It seems like an uphill battle. But if you didn't give up last time, don't give up now.

3. D'Snowth

Yeah, I was instructed to do that after I received the rejection notice from the SS Puppeteer Workshop years ago . . . even though it was clearly just a mass email, but whatever.

4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I lost everything on Opera. Bookmarks, downloads, everything.

5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Opera sucks.

Use chrome or Firefox.

6. D'Snowth

Opera isn't perfect, and it seems like most of their updates are based on Scrappy Mechanics . . . but honestly, it's the only browser I've found that looks and behaves similarly to IE . . . and I liked IE - I know it was unpopular, but it suited my internet needs in ways Firefox or Chrome can't.

Unfortunately, because I use YouTube regularly everyday, and Google intentionally messes YouTube up in other browsers to get you to switch to Chrome, I had to do just that specifically for YouTube; otherwise, I still use Opera for everything else except YouTube and other video sharing sites.

7. MikaelaMuppet

I can't use Firefox anymore because all of the bookmarks are gone on there too.

8. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Really? You can't just use it without the bookmarks?

9. MikaelaMuppet

No, because the bookmarks I had were good reference tools in my opinion.

10. ConsummateVs

Then go back and add them again. It can't be that hard.

(I'm not trying to sound rude, I'm just giving you advice)

11. MikaelaMuppet

You aren't being rude at all.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  12. MikaelaMuppet

See, what happened was that I had computer issues and it would be so difficult to add each bookmark one by one.

13. ConsummateVs

Oh. Well, if you have computer problems, then I understand.

14. MikaelaMuppet

It's why I'm using Internet Explorer.

15. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Had to go back to school five days after my stroke and have had a tough time mentally adapting to the situation

16. ConsummateVs

Sorry to hear that.

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  17. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

:cry: I'm so DONE with Google photos...:(

18. MikaelaMuppet

You’re done also?

19. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

Just the Noggin album only. This Jake Jake character kept uploading inappropriate pictures. This new album was meant to avoid stupidity like these but nope. Its still happening. The original Noggin album is gone...

20. MikaelaMuppet

See, I left all of the albums. Not just the Noggin one.