The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
That, I don't know. Then again, she is 85 years old, so I don't really expect her to know everything.

Thanks. I appreciate it. Man, talk about Black Friday!
Another question. If your location says Washington DC, then why did you say Maryland?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'm from Michigan's lower peninsula. That’s all I'm gonna say.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sounds like your grandma has dementia setting in. After an episode like that, she might have to take another test to drive again (if it gets that far). I'm not trying to upset you any more than you are, but trying to lay out what her consequences might be.

For an 85 year old woman to drive to another state, total the car, that's not going to be an easy thing to shrug off. Her insurance may drop her, she might need psychiatric evaluation, maybe move into Assisted Living. None of which sounds nice, but could've been so much worse if anybody got hurt.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Sounds like your grandma has dementia setting in. After an episode like that, she might have to take another test to drive again (if it gets that far). I'm not trying to upset you any more than you are, but trying to lay out what her consequences might be.

For an 85 year old woman to drive to another state, total the car, that's not going to be an easy thing to shrug off. Her insurance may drop her, she might need psychiatric evaluation, maybe move into Assisted Living. None of which sounds nice, but could've been so much worse if anybody got hurt.
I'm aware of it. My mom said it did sound like the beginnings of dementia. My grandmother lives with my parents (and she's been living with my parents since my grandfather died in the 1970's). I know nothing about insurance, so I have absolutely no idea what's going on about that, but I don't think my parents are going to let my grandmother drive again after this.

This is also my maternal grandmother, for those of you who are curious.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My mom said to cook my own food when I can't even cook for myself because I don't know how to cook.