The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Or just go on the internet and look at a recipe/ look in a cook book.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Just in case anyone is curious on an update, they moved my grandmother into a regular hospital room, and my dad called my sister's cell phone a minute ago, and she told me that he said they might have to put my grandmother into rehab, because my parents don't think they can deal with it (my dad is 66 and my mom is 63, and my mom also has Multiple Sclerosis). That I can understand. My grandmother won't be able to climb the stairs at my parents' house, or the stairs that lead into my sister's and my condo. Since she broke three ribs, I can understand that. I can only hope that they put her in rehab that's closer to home!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure how I feel about the most recent Halloween episode of Speechless. I haven't seen the show in a while so I finally got to see that one tonight and it seemed a bit too off format for my taste personally. The first Halloween special they did was cool because it was a funny story about kids being kids going trick or treating. This one on the other hand felt like they were trying to reboot Tales From the Crypt. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with surreal humor. But I just don't like when shows that are usually normal suddenly start using surreal humor on a regular basis later on in the series. Take Clarence for example, the show started out as a semi-realistic show about normal kids dealing with normal everyday situations. There were no talking animals, time travel, aliens, etc. but rather just silly slice of life situations that could happen in real life. But as the series progressed, they started having a lot more of those dream/fantasy episodes. Although I know they are supposed to be dreams and the "real world" the characters live in remains the same, but too many dream sequence episodes seems to change the series' tone a little bit in my opinion. I hope Speechless doesn't become that way in the future. I would hate to see a realistic borderline heartwarming family sitcom consistently switch format to what basically amounts to an episode of Regular Show on a regular basis. Weirdness is fine but not every sitcom/cartoon HAS to be surreal.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Both Garrison Keillor and Matt Lauer were fired from their respective jobs. I think you know why.
If Al Roker is next, I don't know if i'll be able to live on this planet anymore.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Both Garrison Keillor and Matt Lauer were fired from their respective jobs. I think you know why.
If Al Roker is next, I don't know if i'll be able to live on this planet anymore.
What was Garrison fired from? He's already long gone from A Prairie Home Companion.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Just in case anyone is curious on an update, they moved my grandmother into a regular hospital room, and my dad called my sister's cell phone a minute ago, and she told me that he said they might have to put my grandmother into rehab, because my parents don't think they can deal with it (my dad is 66 and my mom is 63, and my mom also has Multiple Sclerosis). That I can understand. My grandmother won't be able to climb the stairs at my parents' house, or the stairs that lead into my sister's and my condo. Since she broke three ribs, I can understand that. I can only hope that they put her in rehab that's closer to home!
Oh, i'm sorry all this is happening. Best of luck!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
What was Garrison fired from? He's already long gone from A Prairie Home Companion.
He had a new show, not sure what it's called, never listened to it. But still sad nonetheless. Apparently NPR is going to completely pull reruns of PHC with Garrison as the host, and they're going to change the name. Chris Thile has hosted it since 2016.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
He had a new show, not sure what it's called, never listened to it. But still sad nonetheless. Apparently NPR is going to completely pull reruns of PHC with Garrison as the host, and they're going to change the name. Chris Thile has hosted it since 2016.
I hope NHPR isn't pulling it.