1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Jan 2, 2017.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

We went to Best Buy first only to find out they were all sold out and they wouldn't be available until February.

Then my mom went to their website where she ordered it for delivery instead of being picked up at the store.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

There you go.

3. MikaelaMuppet

We were going to go to the Apple Store also, until it was easier to just order them online.

Free shipping as well.

4. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Here's a new one. Got a pay raise today. Why did it make me frown? It was so low it was insulting. An extra $6 a week for a 40 hour week. I suppose I should be grateful for the raise but I would have felt better if they didn't even bother. Not only was the raise so low it came with a Non-compete and non-solicitation agreement to sign. So basically in order to get the raise I need to sign the agreement. It really comes across not so much as a reward for a job well done or as appreciation for the work I do, but a payment for my signature. I basically sat in the dark for the last 2 hours just thinking of what I do next.

newsmanfan likes this.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, with one of my dad's old jobs years ago, his boss got so cheap that eventually the employees' Christmas bonuses were . . . jackets.

6. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

I'd take the jacket. We got a box of popcorn. OK, it was deluxe popcorn. But it's still just popcorn

7. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

The only Christmas bonus my mom gets is...gift cards!

8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I mean, once upon a time, companies would actually give money as Christmas bonuses. What a concept, amIrite?

MuppetsRule likes this.
  9. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Mine does. It was added onto a paycheck before Christmas. However, I won’t disclose the amount.

10. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

A slightly annoyed that Hot Topic sold-out of the Colonel Sanders Funko Pop.

11. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

I had no idea that was even a thing. Do they make Pops of Ronald McDonald, Wendy, and the Burger King as well?

12. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Not yet, this is a new line of their icons of famous people. They’re doing Jim Henson as well.

13. ConsummateVs

Looking back at old posts of mine from March to May 2018. I, for some reason, was quite bitter and angsty during that period. I think part of it had to do with all of the drama happening on this forum during that time.

But anyway, looking back at those posts really makes me cringe. I regret saying some of that stuff, and I apologize for acting so stuck-up and rude back then.

14. MikaelaMuppet

Seeing a certain thread get locked.

15. ConsummateVs

Why? If that thread was left open, then more trouble would've started. And didn't you say you wanted people to stop talking about that anyway?

Any Del likes this.
  16. MikaelaMuppet

I was just in a bad mood at the time of my post, so apologies for that.

17. ConsummateVs

18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

im shocked the thread was locked in the first place

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  19. MikaelaMuppet

I did not mean to post that, but it was something earlier in the day which happened that made me do it.

20. MikaelaMuppet

Me too, but you knew it would be coming at some point.