1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by BradyBunchFan, Mar 6, 2017.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, mine is 64-bit.

I've heard of Virtual PC: I think a multi-part Let's Play of Sierra's 3D Ultra Mini-golf was accomplished that way.

Slightly off-topic, but there apparently was a Deluxe version of 3D Ultra Mini-golf with better music, and an additional new nine holes that look incredible: after playing the original version so many times that I pretty much became a master at it, the Deluxe Nine holes look a lot more fun and actually pretty challenging.

2. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

There is one thing that made every Star Wars fan smile today. Considering I've been a fan of the franchise for quite a while now, it's no surprise that this thing absolutely made my day:
    [​IMG]
    That little creature is SO adorable, :). If you are living under a rock like Patrick Star and don't know what this is, it's a new Star Wars creature that will be in the upcoming film called a Porg.

3. Flaky Pudding

My mom said a Robot Chicken quote at dinner tonight. I think my love of weird shows has been rubbing off on her (although we've always bonded over Monty Python, :D).

4. Flaky Pudding

I rewatched the Jeff Dunham cartoon special, Achmed Saves America a few days ago and there was a scene where Achmed puts Donald Trump's face on Mount Rushmore. Considering the film came out in 2013, I'd say that Dunham was making a political prediction there, :p.

5. Flaky Pudding

A hilarious YouTube video where they turned Shrek into a bunch of different genres that are completely out of field. Seeing Shrek as a romance, horror, action, and sci-fi film in the same video is absolutely hilarious, :).

6. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    A mashup of two of my favorite things. Perfect.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  7. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I cooked lunch for my abuelos today and they really liked it ^^ (I made cheeseburger burritos lol), we're always saying that only our Mexican friends can make burritos (we're Guatemalan) when, I gave them what I call: Ameri-Tex-Mex fusion and they loved it ^^ Not the first time I made the dish but, this was the first time I made it fresh for them rather than eating the leftovers with them. Overall, they were very pleased :D

fuzzygobo likes this.
  8. Flaky Pudding

I was feeling kinda sad tonight so I put on Robot Chicken to help cheer myself up. I'm glad I did, because I never stay sad after seeing Snoopy do the dance from Footloose:

Even people who don't like the Peanuts cartoons would probably find that funny. But seriously, what evil person hates the Peanuts? Just kidding, :p

DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  9. Flaky Pudding

I saw one of the most simple yet extremely clever jokes I'd seen in a long time today. I was watching Happy Tree Friends earlier and it showed Flaky standing next to the boys and girls bathrooms with a confused look on her face, wondering which one she should go in.
    That is absolutely brilliant due to the fact that fans have debated over Flaky's gender since the character's debut. I love it when shows throw in little references that only fans would find funny.

10. Flaky Pudding

My mom got us Subway for dinner.

11. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

sounds great. How are you with empenadas?

12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Active Member

New haircut I got, for it is getting VERY hot out.

13. DramaQueenMokey

We make them the 'easy way'; we also don't call them empanadas (that's the correct spelling, ahem) but, we call them dobladas (fold-overs). But yeah, we buy the Goya brand tortillas and fill with what we see fit (we really only use cheese and Guatemala picado, mix of ground beef and some other diced veggies) again, fillings etc...vary from background etc...

fuzzygobo likes this.
  14. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Wherever you call home, whatever you fill them with, whatever they're called, I love them. The Irish call them "pasties". Beef or lamb (sometimes even fish), potatoes, cheese, local spices. Continents or languages may vary, but nothing is lost in the translation. 8)

DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  15. D'Snowth

Isn't that Shepherd's Pie?

16. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Sassafras made me smile today. She's so cute!

Okay, here's the story. I don't know why she did this, but my mom went out and adopted another kitten. They were at the pound where they adopted a kitten, Nicki, last week, and I guess they told them that they had to put her down today, because she was so sick and wouldn't get better. I don't know. The new kitten's name at the pound was Sassafras, and my mom hasn't decided whether or not she's going to change it (my sister and I were calling her "Sassy" though, and for some reason, I love the word "Sassafras"). She seems a lot healthier than Nicki was. I hope it works out okay. She and my mom's other kitten, Bear, didn't hiss and scream at each other when we introduced them, so I guess that's a good sign (they were batting each other in the head, though).

17. DramaQueenMokey

Not for Latinos lol

18. D'Snowth

I meant fuzzygobo saying the Irish call them "pasties."

19. ErinAardvark

My parents renamed "Sassafras." Not to mention my mom renamed "Bear," too. Sassafras's new name is Natasha, and Bear's new name is Boris.

20. ErinAardvark

Meet Boris and Natasha
    [​IMG]

muppetgem likes this.