The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I finally saw Captain Underpants at the theater today. I'm not going to give any spoilers but I just can't hold in my excitement about one thing in particular in the movie, so I'm going to say two words only:Weird Al, :big_grin:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Robot Chicken Season 9 has been confirmed! I'm SO psyched to see what all random weird twists their going to put on my childhood this time around. As Kool-Aid Man once said,
"OH YEAH!". They are starting the season off with a "blood and gore filled Walking Dead special" and while that may be eyebrow raising to fans of the show (not me because I'm not generally bothered by that type of comedy), hopefully they won't do anything TOO disturbing this time around. The "Scary Movie For People With Heart Conditions" skit from season 6 still makes me shiver just thinking about it. I can only imagine some sweet, innocent little kid who doesn't know what Adult Swim is turning on Cartoon Network at night because he/she was having nightmares about the Boogeyman in his/her closet and seeing an image of a cute kitten sneezing. The kid would then a smile a bit until suddenly a monster pops up on the screen, kills the kittens, and screams at the top of his lung
"CULL THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF! CULL FROM WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF!" whatever the heck that even means. I'm an ADULT and I'm still a little disturbed by that episode. Let's NEVER do a repeat of that, okay Seth Green (if your reading this, Btw I loved you in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, can you email me a picture of your autograph, lol, :stick_out_tongue:)

Last edited:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I finally saw Captain Underpants at the theater today. I'm not going to give any spoilers but I just can't hold in my excitement about one thing in particular in the movie, so I'm going to say two words only:Weird Al, :big_grin:.
:smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One of the elders at our church invited a number of us over for dinner last night.
Perfect weather, great company, and unbelievable food.

The main dish was paella. For those of you that never had it, it's a Spanish dish similar to jambalaya. Yellow rice, peas, peppers, chicken legs, chorizo sausage, scallops, mussels, shrimp, and the two most expensive ingredients on earth- lobster and saffron.

Beats the crap out of Spaghetti-O's. 8)

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I just booked my ticket to see Richard Bradshaw, AKA the shadow puppeteer from an episode of The Muppet Show!

He's doing a couple of shows as part of the Melbourne Festival of Puppetry, can't wait!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My dad loves watching old silent films and historical things so I got him a HUGE DVD collection of silent films for Father's Day that has Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Laurel and Hardy, Fatty Arbuckle, and all of the classics from that time period on it. Since we're celebrating Father's Day today, I can't wait to see his reaction:I hope he enjoys it, :smile:.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My dad loves watching old silent films and historical things so I got him a HUGE DVD collection of silent films for Father's Day that has Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Laurel and Hardy, Fatty Arbuckle, and all of the classics from that time period on it. Since we're celebrating Father's Day today, I can't wait to see his reaction:I hope he enjoys it, :smile:.
Why didn't you celebrate yesterday?