1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by MikaelaMuppet, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Just got this pretty little puppet in the mail today. I've decided to call her "Lyla". :)

[​IMG]

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Wow man. I need to get puppets from wherever you get your's. That little yellow one you got last year was also amazing.

3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

@D'Snowth's comments he made chewing out that Patrick Star kid's video of him throwing a temper tantrum about @Schfifty's clips. :D

I was laughing my head off.

muppetgem and D'Snowth like this.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Thank yuh, thank yuh, I'm here till Thursday.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yeah, they were made by this talented puppet builder who is also here on the forums. They haven't been here in a long while, though.

Life is like a bunch of Sesame Street videos. You never know what you're gonna get.

muppetgem and LittleJerry92 like this.
  6. D'Snowth

Oh man; Patrick Star's attempt to fight back is rich! This guy makes Donald Trump look like he's got his **** together!

muppetgem likes this.
  7. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

What are you talking about with Patrick? Did Spongebob do an episode making fun of Trump or something?

8. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

He's talking about this extremely immature Sesame Street fan on YouTube who's trying to make @Schfifty look bad for no real reason.

9. LittleJerry92

I'm willing to bet that kid's parents probably have no clue what he even does online.

muppetgem likes this.
  10. Flaky Pudding

Wow, I think I've read the most heartwarming, beautifully written fanfiction ever today. It's seriously about as touching and wonderfully written as a real TV or movie script could be. It's about the childhood of Giggles from Happy Tree Friends and how she came to realize her friend Josh was her brother. It's a story about two siblings properly meeting for the first time, parents being reunited after many years, and a true deep meaning about how families should always stick together. I've always loved Giggles and whoever wrote this did an amazing job expanding upon her character. Despite unfortunately being a non-canon fanfic, it gives more development and depth to Giggles's character then I'd ever seen before. That is why I consider it to be one of the best fanfictions I've ever read (If you disagree with me, remember it's just my silly personal opin-Oh wait, I don't want people to think I'm ripping off PhantomStrider so instead I'll phrase it this way:It's just an opinion. See, now I don't have to worry about getting sued for stealing a YouTube critic's catchphrase):

Disclaimer:There is some violence in this 2 part story, but honestly the violence is the least of it. The thing I'm really warning you about is how tearjerking these stories are. You may need a box of tissues with you while you read them. The war scene and the concept of Sniffles's memory ray showing the harsh reality right in front of the sibling's eyes literally give me goosebumps every time I think of them. But personally, I was already a bit emotional when I so much as I saw the image of the stork carrying little baby Giggles and Josh.

http://happytreefanon.wikia.com/wiki/Siblings_in_Blood
    http://happytreefanon.wikia.com/wiki/O_Father,_Where_Art_Thou?

The fact that somebody could take such a juvenile cartoon and make it into an amazing story all while keeping the series' silly, surrealist nature at times is truly amazing to me.

11. Flaky Pudding

Oh gosh, not MORE Internet drama! We recently dealt with some immature guy on Happy Tree Fanon wiki too. He would make fun of people, insult their OCs for ridiculous reasons, say extremely pointless and borderline stupid things, come up with pages and lazily expect others to do all the work, and vandalize pages for "humorous" reasons. I'm not going to say his username, but he's basically the real world version of Peter from Family Guy. Thankfully though, he's banned now but even after we banned him, he kept on making sockpuppet accounts for the past few days. Actually, I can't safely say whether he IS truly banned anymore due to these many fake accounts he constantly keeps making.

muppetgem likes this.
  12. Flaky Pudding

Although I stopped watching Family Guy a while ago, I still can't get this hilarious clip out of my head. It's just SO funny:

Note:I didn't put a disclaimer this time, because despite being inappropriate I think the joke is subtle enough to fly over the heads of younger viewers.

Being a millennial and all, I have no business even knowing of The Snorks and for the most part I don't. But I have to admit that this is by far one of the funniest things they've ever shown on a series that normally tends to get on my nerves lately.

13. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

What made me smile today was my cat rolling over on her back and exposing her tummy to me. It took a lot of self control not to rush over and rub that fuzzy belly (she doesn't like tummy rubs).

14. D'Snowth

Reminds me of an old alley cat that used to hang around our building that did that all the time - the only difference was this one wouldn't let you stop scratching her belly.

15. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Ooh, cat stories - I have one:
    I met a cat once.

That was it. That's the whole story. What were you expecting? I'm not JRR Tolkien. :p

16. Flaky Pudding

17. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Is that Kevin from Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego?

18. LittleJerry92

Well, with the help of my mom, I finally managed to find a doctor I'll meet next week about my current mental health issues.

19. Flaky Pudding

Yes. He's also the creator of MAD and a frequent contributor to Robot Chicken. He has even written a few official DC and MARVEL comics.

20. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I even knew the thumbnail looked familiar.

Flaky Pudding likes this.