The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! I know I said I'd never do cons, but I'll happily make an exception this October since Caroll Spinney and many of the older SST castmembers will be in my town!

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Dwayne and I may even try to meet up as well!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! I know I said I'd never do cons, but I'll happily make an exception this October since Caroll Spinney and many of the older SST castmembers will be in my town!

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Dwayne and I may even try to meet up as well!
*GASP! Oh my gosh! That's awesome man, so happy for you. And I hope you do meet Dwayne. :excited:

I wish I could fly over too, just to see you guys in person. It'd be amazing. *sigh, hopefully, one day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding smug, I now no longer feel so jealous of others here who have either gotten to meet some of these people, or got to attend special events and such.

As I said, I swore I'd never attend a con, but for this I will gladly make an exception: Caroll, Roscoe Orman, Bob McGrath, Alan Muroaka, and Allison Barlett will be there. I know Caroll usually brings Oscar to cons, I hope this will be the case as well.

Right now, I just wish I knew when, exactly, the SST panels are supposed to be, because otherwise, the entire con lasts a whole eight hours on certain days, and I really only want to see this specifically.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Managed to replace my phone with the same model after I (unfortunately) broke my camera's lens and am also getting a cover for it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hearing summery songs on MCR, especially Muppet Beach Album. Since they played Splish, Splash sung by Elmo with the SST gang, I hope we get Feeling Hot from the same album soon-ish. :sing:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding smug, I now no longer feel so jealous of others here who have either gotten to meet some of these people, or got to attend special events and such.

As I said, I swore I'd never attend a con, but for this I will gladly make an exception: Caroll, Roscoe Orman, Bob McGrath, Alan Muroaka, and Allison Barlett will be there. I know Caroll usually brings Oscar to cons, I hope this will be the case as well.

Right now, I just wish I knew when, exactly, the SST panels are supposed to be, because otherwise, the entire con lasts a whole eight hours on certain days, and I really only want to see this specifically.
I'm happy for you that some Street veterans are coming to your neck of the woods. Chances are good Caroll will have Oscar with him. I've been extremely fortunate to meet him and Bob a couple times each, and they are two of the nicest people you could ever meet.

If you get a chance to sneak one of your puppets in, Caroll would probably get a kick out of that. Can you imagine Steve D'Monster matching wits with Oscar?
Caroll really digs that. Last time I saw him, about a half dozen puppeteers came up to meet him with their creations (and they were all purple! Every last one of them). That turns him on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:laugh: I've considered bringing Steve along for Caroll to see, but like you say, I figure just about every aspiring, amateur, and hobbyist puppeteers who meet him probably shove their creations in his face all the time and beg him to get them jobs with SST - I figure I'd give him a little break, lol.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Saturday we had another fantastic church cookout. Our church has a small parcel of land right on the edge of a lake. Big enough for a pavilion, playground, volleyball net, and plenty of room to stroll. At sunset we had a roaring campfire going, and my biggest thrill that night....

got to toast marshmallows. Last time I did that, I was in my single digits, folks. Jimmy Carter was president. We're talking Ancient History 101, folks.

Enjoyed my s'mores, watched a few boats on the lake, and marvelled at the most gorgeous sunset I can remember. God painted a masterpiece. The pictures on my phone don't do it justice.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
My parents adopted two adorable kittens today! They named them Nicki Saban and Bear Bryant, after the football coaches from the University of Alabama. My dad is from Alabama, which is why they root for UA when it's college football season. Roll Tide!

Schfifty

Reaction score
:laugh: I've considered bringing Steve along for Caroll to see, but like you say, I figure just about every aspiring, amateur, and hobbyist puppeteers who meet him probably shove their creations in his face all the time and beg him to get them jobs with SST - I figure I'd give him a little break, lol.
Have you ever brought Stevie to any other famous Muppeteers? Like any of the other folks at Sesame?

If not, hey, it's worth a shot. :wink: