The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sort of. . . .

We have a native Tennesseean puppeteer, Ed May, who has worked on Sesame before, in addition to MFS and EIG; he and his Nashville-based troupe came a did a show in Knoxville eleven years ago of Ananse, which you can see an exceprt of:

Very interesting and creative puppetry. Anyshow, I went to the show and brought Steve along for Ed to critique, and he said he had absolutely no critique whatsoever, because he saw no flaws in my manipulation, lip-syncing, gestures, movements, or anything, and in fact, he offered me a summer job with his troupe, but unfortunately, nothing ever came of that (same when Kids on the Block expressed interest in hiring me).

And hey, you know he hates it when you call him Stevie. :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Managed to beat Medal of Honor Frontline today. The last level was easy compared to the second to last one.

Schfifty

Reaction score
So a long while ago (I think it was in the old Frown thread), I said that my old Windows 98 computer failed, and there were a bunch of games and files on there that I was worried would be gone potentially forever. One of those games was this Nutcracker-themed maze/adventure game which was from one of those "100 Games" kind of compilation discs. I have the demo version of the game still on another computer at my house; however, my old 98 computer was the only one left which had the full version of it, and when it failed about two years ago, I thought I'd never be able to play the full version again.

But tonight, I found this little piece of paper with its registration code that I wrote down before the computer failed. Now I can finally play the full version again! :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. Even though I still have the installation CD for a couple of things I've been using since the days of Windows 95 and 98, my old computer is completely dead (BSOD), and neither of the CDs are compatible with my current Windows 7 computer. I hear 7 has an "XP Compatibility Mode," but only on certain upper-tier versions, and I believe mine is just a basic, bare-bones version of 7.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wish I could go back in time about ten years and tell my younger and more immature self that one day a decade from now, you'll actually be Facebook and Twitter friends with Kathy Greenwood - but I think my younger and more immature self from ten years ago would probably die of a heart attack over that.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. Even though I still have the installation CD for a couple of things I've been using since the days of Windows 95 and 98, my old computer is completely dead (BSOD), and neither of the CDs are compatible with my current Windows 7 computer. I hear 7 has an "XP Compatibility Mode," but only on certain upper-tier versions, and I believe mine is just a basic, bare-bones version of 7.
There's 32-bit versions of Windows 7 which you can play older games on, but those are pretty scarce compared to the regular 64-bit computers. Maybe the best solution nowadays is Virtual PC, but I can't speak from experience since I haven't used it.