1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by MikaelaMuppet, Mar 6, 2017.

1. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Ah. You know what made me smile today?

The fact that I remembered the old trick in the book for a certain archive.org collection.

3. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Here is a picture of him if you're interested in seeing him:
    [​IMG]

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  4. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Hey! I just realized something! This is my 101st post! Wow. That sure didn't take long. :search:

5. ConsummateVs

Jeez, slow down. You've only been here for about a week. ;)

Froggy Fool likes this.
  6. Froggy Fool

Yeah, really.

Oops, that's another post. Gosh darn it! ;)

gavry3 likes this.
  7. ConsummateVs

You know what? I just realized that I'm almost at my 1,000th post! Just 49 more to go! :excited:

LittleJerry92 and Froggy Fool like this.
  8. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I can understand why some would get mad but personally, I would love it if Clarence randomly started asking me questions as I was minding my own business on the street lol

I'm kinda surprised the people who made this show never got in trouble for harassing random strangers by asking them idiotic questions. Wonder Showzen is one of those things that it's just SO random and at times ridiculous that it's hard not to laugh. Some of the ideas are so far fetched that it makes me wonder how any normal human being can up with these things. It's so bizarre that even the stupider bits can make me laugh lol :).

9. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Had a church social today, made a big pot of chili (perfect weather for it). Before the social was over, my pot was completely empty.

For a cook, that's the biggest compliment you can get.8)

10. Flaky Pudding

I rarely ever say this but I honestly don't know how I feel about tonight's Robot Chicken episode. It's one of the few episodes they've ever made that made me feel disturbed/weirded out after I got done watching it rather than laughing. I can't quite put my finger on what bugged me about this one though. There wasn't anything about God in there, none of the skits reminded me of personal issues (sometimes skits will bother me because they remind me of scary/sad moments in my life), they didn't make fun of any celebrities I respect in a harsh way, etc. So what bothered me about this episode? It's probably because there was too many crude/dark skits this time around. I like a little bit of that stuff but episodes where every single skit ends in either death or vulgarity normally end up putting a bad taste in my mouth. I still like the show very much but this episode just got a little much for me with it's excessive inappropriateness. I would've at least wanted to see ONE clean skit in there.

11. Flaky Pudding

Okay, so I'm rewatching the episode right now and I take back everything I said about it. I've come to the conclusion that I wasn't in the right mindset. Right before the show came on, I was watching some really disturbing creepypasta video which put me in that horror mindset. So then I turn on Robot Chicken and see all kinds of dark scenes some of which were similar to what was being described in the creepypasta I just finished 5 seconds ago (It was called 1999 by the way. It's really well written but highly disturbing). I guess it's the kind of show that I have to be in that goofy mindset to truly enjoy because right now I'm laughing my butt off at some this stuff. Whenever my mind is set on serious things, Robot Chicken's style of humor puts me on edge because of how twisted it can be at times. So from this point on, no more creepypastas on Sunday evening! lol

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  12. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

TOM HANKS IS GOING TO BE PLAYING MISTER ROGERS IN A NEW BIOPIC. GIVE HIM THE OSCAR ALREADY.

13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

OMG, I didn't know I wanted that! First Walt Disney, and now this. He's playing everyone's childhood.
    HE SHOULD PLAY JIM HENSON NEXT!

scooterfan360 and LittleJerry92 like this.
  14. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

My dad says it might be possible for us to go to the Knoxville Fanboy Expo to see Steve Whitmire!

scooterfan360 likes this.
  15. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Yes, but- can you guarantee he's going to be there?

16. Froggy Fool

17. ConsummateVs

18. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

no, that guy from the history's greatest battles should play Jim Henson ,if there will ever be a movie biopic about him .

19. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

You mean epic rap battle?

scooterfan360 likes this.
  20. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

yes,for some reason, i keep thinking that it is calle
    yes, i don't know why i keep thinking that is called history's greatest rap battles.