The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Another Robot Chicken season 9 trailer came out. Pikachu, Oscar the Grouch, Daisy Ridley, and BB-8 all showed up in the trailer which is awesome as well
My mom told me that she was showing people Robot Chicken clips at her work recently when they were on break. Wow, I'm so glad that even my parents like that show. When I first told them about it, I thought they were going to hate it but I'm pleasantly surprised to see that they have the exact opposite reaction. Mom actually quoted the "In Pursuit of Happy Days" skit at dinner a few days ago lol.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There's this wonderful phenomenon/urban legend on YouTube called "The Dark Side of the Rainbow".

If you never saw it, Pink Floyd's 1973 masterpiece " The Dark Side of the Moon" synchs up nearly perfectly to The Wizard of Oz. Especially the tornado scene where Dorothy's house flies off the ground, aligns perfectly with "The Great Gig in the Sky".

For years a number of people thought the band themselves engineered it that way. They've all denied it. Iconic film, brilliant album. But the fact they pair so well together is uncanny.

Check it out on YouTube and judge for yourselves.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
After hearing a reference to her on TV, my dad told me earlier that he didn't know who Hello Kitty is. After the initial shock of him not knowing who one of the most popular cartoon felines ever is I decided to take this as an opportunity to show him one of my new favorite Animutation videos.
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/63100?id=63100

NOTE:While there isn't any cuss words or innuendos in this video, quite a bit of the content is disturbing. The creator of it even confessed that he made the video to terrify people. It honestly used to scare me when I was young and I believe I'd even bashed it here on this forum before but as of last week I begun to appreciate the video's creativity, obscure references, and willingness to do something different. Scary Animutations were unheard of until this video came a long and now I'd put it amongst my favorites of the genre. That being said however, it's NOT for everyone. Even some Animutation fans don't like this video because of it's more mature sense of humor. Rather than annoying bathroom jokes, this one relies more on obscure cultural references which pretty much means that the the video mostly appeals to the few nerds who understand what the heck it's talking about. If anybody got offended by that statement, I'm a fan of the video myself so I just called myself a nerd as well lol.

Schfifty

Reaction score
We were going through some storage this afternoon, and I actually found copies of the October and November 1989 editions of Sesame Street Magazine! :big_grin:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
We were going through some storage this afternoon, and I actually found copies of the October and November 1989 editions of Sesame Street Magazine! :big_grin:
I found an old issue of a 321 Contact magazine at my volunteer site once!