The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
That new Robot Chicken Christmas special was REALLY funny! There was a lot of inappropriate/offensive stuff in there of course, so I wouldn't recommend this to just anyone. Some of the more disturbing comments (mostly the ones about sex) kinda made me cringe. The only real eyebrow raising moment for me however was a reference to abortion that would've seemed right at home in a Drawn Together episode. But for the most part, I found it to be quite funny. The scene of Krampus playing rock and roll was probably my favorite. This time around, I honestly felt as though the Jesus part was the LEAST inappropriate thing about the episode whereas normally I get a bit offended by those. So what if they made him a rapper? They portrayed him as a good guy and that's what matters. If anything, I felt like they meant well with that scene because of how Santa started becoming happy again after meeting Jesus. But quite frankly, I was relieved to see them do a skit about Jesus that doesn't show a picture of him hanging up on the cross (for some reason, one of the writers seems to have a disturbing obsession with the saddest story in the Bible. I can take a lot, but that is just something that to me, will always be sad rather than funny). Being the Rio fan that I am (although my interest in that series has decreased a bit in recent years), I really liked how they got Jemaine Clement (the voice of Nigel the cockatoo) in there. Considering Kristin Chenoweth was on the show way back in season 3, now both Nigel and Gabi have been on the show. So yeah, it was definitely worth the wait and only got me more excited for the rest of the season. This one episode already made me feel like the Tasmanian Devil after eating tons of sugar due to how hyped it got me.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One of my favorite YouTube animators just posted one of their first new videos in years. I love all the Muppet and Fraggle references in there. This person must've become a HUGE Muppet fan since they had last posted to YouTube because they used to just show well known Sesame Street characters (Elmo, Ernie, Big Bird, etc.) but in the new stuff they go as far as to put more underrated Henson characters like The Snowths, Lew Zealand, and the Fraggles in there. I can definitely understand that recent interest in Muppets. If they hadn't seen Muppets before and were just recently introduced to them, it makes sense that they would be like
"Where has this been all my life?":
Wow, that's a LOT of Isabelle from Animal Crossing in there. If the creator of this video is a guy, I'm getting somewhat of a waifu vibe from that lol.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So yeah.

The former friend of mine I just described - I just decided to outright block him at this point.

It's really sad though how someone you were once cool or close with can suddenly just change and they become nothing but a complete stranger.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The great thing about finally finishing a project in Adobe Premiere is going deep into the system and deleting all of the extra project files that Adobe creates/stores (preview files, render files, what have you), because that stuff can really add up and eat up your disk space; I just cleaned up what was probably my most massive amount of that stuff yet, because it turns out that it was using up a whoppin' 75GB of diskspace, so that's 75GB of free space I got back.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh dear. I should probably do the same now that you mention it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I do it once I know I'm 100% finished with a project, and the final mp4 is to my liking, because again, that stuff really adds up: over 1/4 of my entire diskspace was being eaten up, and it was really beginning to bog down my computer. But again, a lot of it's stored deep in your hidden files on your C drive, so you have to get in there, and no foolin', you got thousands upon thousands of render files and ghost-like back-up files for all of the individual video and/or audio clips you used in the project, etc.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I found out my grandmother is going home from rehab next Wednesday (knock wood). And she'll be able to do everything she was able to do before she had her car accident. Except drive. I really don't think my parents are going to let her drive after this.