The new What Made You Smile Today thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ugh, Spider Solitaire. That game is a headache! :stick_out_tongue:

Windows is now going to be a "service"? What does that mean? You're going to have to subscribe to use it now? What sense does that make?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Ugh, Spider Solitaire. That game is a headache! :stick_out_tongue:

Windows is now going to be a "service"? What does that mean? You're going to have to subscribe to use it now? What sense does that make?
From what that article reads, it will just add updates and services, kinda like with Apple does with Macintosh. I don't think it's going to be like a monthly subscription deal or anything.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Oh, the nostalgia! I grew up with Garbage Pail Kids and kinda forgot about them for a while, I mean I knew they existed but I lost interest in them for a few years. So you could only imagine how nostalgically excited I was when I found this video in my YouTube suggested videos feed today:
Judging by the characters he showed in that video, I can appreciate the creativity behind Garbage Pail Kids more now as a young adult then I did as a kid. The reason I stopped liking them for a while is because I started to think that their juvenile sense of humor was too childish for me, but now I see how wrong I was! There is so much clever and witty adult humor to be found within those cards to the point where I sometimes wonder if any kids even understood some of the references. What kid is going to laugh at Rocky Horror Picture Show homages or references to classic films or puns on scientific terms like Formaldehyde, that is the genius of Garbage Pail Kids. It keeps kids interested with it's gross and sarcastic humor but it certainly has enough adult jokes to keep their parents laughing as well. Plus, that Optimus Prime-type character he picked as #1 was always a favorite of mine as well. Some cards weren't neccesirally intended to be humorous but rather simply intended to intrigue the audience with an interesting character design. Roy Boy was one of those cards and was always one that I thought was very cool looking growing up. The Dead Ted one that he showed was another favorite of mine. Even though most zombie and skeleton-related things used to scare me, surprisingly enough that card never bothered me in the slightest and remains one of my all time favorites to this day.