1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The New York Pops play The Muppets at Carnegie Hall April 14

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Phillip Administrator

We're less than two weeks away from "Jim Henson's Musical World" with The New York Pops and numerous Muppeteers, Sesame actors and musical great Paul Williams on Saturday April 14.

Find out all the details and get your tickets here. If you plan on attending please post and let us know!

Fans can only hope that "Jim Henson's Musical World" will see a video or audio release in the months to come.

2. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Where's Cranegie Hall? In New York?
  3. heralde Well-Known Member

4. No1MuppetFan Member

I have planned a trip to the states almost entirely around this event! I'm very excited and am hoping that the 'puppets' appear!!!:)
  5. beaker Well-Known Member

Im going! Just got my flight and hotel. Wouldnt miss this for the world! Though, strange they're doing two shows in a row. Who wants to meet up and who is all going?

I say we make this a big east coast meetup^__^ Im flying all the way from California
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  6. beaker Well-Known Member

Whoah...I just realized, that's like a part of the Sesame Street crew! Dang...hope there's some Sesame Street character surprises^__^;; Anyways, all I could get was two lower balcony seats, but for $9 such a steal. I'll be at the 12:30 show, probably loiter around to visit with people for the next show and check out Muppet Workshop at FAO down the street:p
  7. No1MuppetFan Member

I'm also going to be at the 12.30pm show :fanatic: Sadly this will be my last day in NYC :cry:But what a last day this COULD be!
  8. CalciferBoheme New Member

I hope they record it. It would be great on PBS, but I'd also buy it on dvd.

There's no way I can get to New york, so this needs to happen.
  9. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Oh boy, I'm going to the 12:30 show too even though I tried to get tickets to the 3PM misunderstanding got in my way. Awesome to see so many people are flying to NY to see this! I hope I see some of you, I know I'll be waiting outside the stage door when it's all over to see if any of the performers come out! :fanatic:
  10. capman New Member

WOW, thank you for letting us know. I am from NJ and after doing some searching, there is a dinner/fundraiser after the show that all of the human performers will be at (I called to double check and she called me back within 30 min).

So I ponied up the $125 (I am thrifty, but I had to for this) and I am going get a Orch seat to the benefit dinner and Muppet amusment with all of the performers after the 3:30 show! Here is the link and info. The name of the Rep who confimred this was Hailey and here is the info.

http://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2012/4/14/0330/PM/Carnegie-Hall-Family-Concert-The-New-York-Pops/

Let me note there was nowhere that stated about the performers going to the dinner on the website. I would call them if intersted.

Please let me know if you're going or any questions about this! I finlly get to meet the rest of the Christmas Eve on Sesame Street Cast! I am a happy man.
    Cindy, No1MuppetFan and Phillip like this.
  11. No1MuppetFan Member

That's amazing! Does the $125 ticket include the show or just the dinner?
  12. capman New Member

ANSWER : This includes both! I double checked when i got my confirmation e-mail from the manager of the Notables party , Luke Andrew Gay ( yes , real name, not trying to be funny). I then called to confirm two things: what is the dress code ( he said to be casuel to Bus cas. to be safe) and i asked again will the "human performers" be at the party. He said he did confirm they are slated to be there becasue of contents of the party (muppet themed Kids stuff) , but said he can't guarntee that all of them will show.

I would suggest looking at the link below and then calling him personally when you can to confirm what I was told : Luke Andrew Gay Manager, Notables Tel: 212-903-9734.

Look, If i can get to meet and thank Sonia, Bob, Dr Loretta and Roscoe for being part of something so important to so many people, I will be a happy man. Everyone else ( Clash, Eric, etc) is gravy.

I am actually surprised no Carol, Fran Brill, or Jerry Nelson ( I was lucky to meet Frank Oz on OCt 23rd at the Moving Art Jim Henson exhibt ).
  13. travellingpat Active Member

Hey guys, I bought an extra ticket to the 1230 show by accident! Let me know if anyone would like it! First balcony, $20, (im charging 20 because thats how much it cost for shipping for me) email me. patrick.cotnoir@gmail.com if youd like to know more!
  14. ploobis Well-Known Member

I've got tickets for the 12:30 show (for me, Ma & Dad) I can't wait! We're driving all the way to NY from Baltimore MD for this show.

QUESTION: Should we dress formal or casual for Carnegie Hall?

:sympathy: "Welcome to Carnegie Hall, home of the three B's... Bach, Beethoven and Boots Randolph"
  15. capman New Member

ANSWER : When I called to ask what I should wear to the party afterwards, they said "casual should be fine, just nothing crazy".
    ploobis likes this.
  16. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one here going to the 3:30 show?
  17. capman New Member

I will be there. Then goign to the benefit afterwars..where are you sitting?
  18. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I couldn't afford the benefit afterwards, so I guess my chances of meeting the cast members after the show will be slim to none now. :( But still very excited about the show. We are sitting in a box I think on the second or 3rd tier to the right of the stage if your'e facing it
  19. capman New Member

Well, let me tell you there is no guarantee that they are ask going to the party afterwards either, but their rep told me they were. You may get luckier than me!
  20. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I guess we'll see what happens!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.