The News Link on the banner...

dmoss

Reaction score
So, the News link on the banner at the top of the page leads to a page with news from 2007, and there doesn't seem to be a simple way to get to the front page of the website. For the last few months, I just thought the site wasn't being updated. :insatiable:

Would it make sense to any else to have the News link up there direct to "muppetcentral.com"...? As it is, that page is updated more frequently than others, and it has the most recent news available on it! I never would have known about the news had I not typed in muppetcentral.com one afternoon! :search:

It's just a thought, but I thought it was worth bringing up. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So, the News link on the banner at the top of the page leads to a page with news from 2007, and there doesn't seem to be a simple way to get to the front page of the website. For the last few months, I just thought the site wasn't being updated. :insatiable:

Would it make sense to any else to have the News link up there direct to "muppetcentral.com"...? As it is, that page is updated more frequently than others, and it has the most recent news available on it! I never would have known about the news had I not typed in muppetcentral.com one afternoon! :search:

It's just a thought, but I thought it was worth bringing up. :smile:
The design is fine as-is. The "Muppet Central" link directs to Muppet Central.com as it should be. Roll over the Muppet Central logo and intuitively you should notice it changes colors as it is a button. It's worked fine since 2002. There's also the home button at the foot of the page.

The problem is that the content and the News page never seems to get updated. I've mentioned this so many times before, but we're mostly archived content since 2007. Not my choice, but the attempts to change that haven't come to fruition. Actually, that's how Muppet Mindset started. I go there and Tough Pigs for my news, and come here to post on the forum.

Hope this helps

dmoss

Reaction score
Oh! I didn't mean there was anything wrong with the design; I love it! I just meant the News button goes to old news, and there's not really a clear way to get to new-news from there... :smile:

Also, I had no clue that the it was a button in the middle of the banner! Thanks for pointing that out. Now I can get to the news easier, and can use one less bookmark.

I go to the Mindset for my news, too. I suppose I ought to start using Tough Pigs also, but just haven't gotten into the swing of it yet...

Thanks!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh! I didn't mean there was anything wrong with the design; I love it! I just meant the News button goes to old news, and there's not really a clear way to get to new-news from there... :smile:

Also, I had no clue that the it was a button in the middle of the banner! Thanks for pointing that out. Now I can get to the news easier, and can use one less bookmark.

I go to the Mindset for my news, too. I suppose I ought to start using Tough Pigs also, but just haven't gotten into the swing of it yet...

Thanks!
Thanks. I encourage you to visit all the pages and see the Muppet Central logo rollovers. The Radio one is my favorite. There's usually a lot of illumination around it, but the News page is fairly standard looking. No one surfs the site anymore and I don't really blame them.

Personally, I've been upset with the lack of updates here for a while now. It's a touchy subject for me. :embarrassed: The MC staff and I have put so much into the site over the years, but now we're basically just a forum and advertising mechanism for Amazon and Ebay. I'd have jumped ship here long ago if I hadn't put so much love into this place with smilies, graphics and flash banners.

dmoss

Reaction score
Oh, I surf it from time-to-time, looking at the collectibles and everything! :smile: I think I've seen most of the variations (which I love!), but it wasn't until someone mentioned the special Easter banner (which I also loved!) that I realized I was missing a whole other portion of the site!

I think it would be great if the site could be updated to its former glory, especially with so much on the Muppet front these days! I have a lot of free time, and if there's ever anything I could do to help, I'd gladly throw my hat into the ring. I believe strongly in what the site has to offer. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I surf it from time-to-time, looking at the collectibles and everything! :smile: I think I've seen most of the variations (which I love!), but it wasn't until someone mentioned the special Easter banner (which I also loved!) that I realized I was missing a whole other portion of the site!

I think it would be great if the site could be updated to its former glory, especially with so much on the Muppet front these days! I have a lot of free time, and if there's ever anything I could do to help, I'd gladly throw my hat into the ring. I believe strongly in what the site has to offer. :smile:
Aw, thanks. There are over 40 banners including the holiday ones. Around the 18th to the 24th of April we will be celebrating Puppetry Day with a special banner. It's a fantasy based menu and one of my faves. :scary:

I still wish we had more updates. It's funny that everyone preached doom for Flash years back, but that's stood the test of time better than most of the content here. I hope does so for years to come too. Lots of politics with Adobe and Apple, but we'll see.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
dmoss said:
Unfortunately... you're beating a dead horse. I'm sorry to say that it is literally impossible to get user-submitted entries uploaded on this site--even if you send them proof-read and with pictures to go along with them. That is indeed why The Muppet Mindset was started... to give Muppet fans an outlet to make their voices heard.

That said, if you ever want to submit anything to be posted on The Muppet Mindset I would be thrilled to accommodate it. :big_grin: