The Next "Elmo's World"?

SSLFan

Reaction score
Call me a little crazy, and I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions, but what if Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures became just as popular as Elmo's World? Could you imagine that?

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It would be another modern day miracle! And so, not impossible. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Call me a little crazy, and I hope I'm not jumping to conclusions, but what if Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures became just as popular as Elmo's World? Could you imagine that?

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:
You mean a segment of its own that's on every episode? Honestly, I wish it would replace EW. Seeing the clip online, I really think it's one of the best things to happen to SS in YEARS. They don't even dumb it down. There's mild peril. Bert almost drowning in a flood of gold bird seed.

And I agree. Modern day miracle.

ISNorden

Reaction score
The odds of "Great Adventures" replacing EW are pretty slim, I'll admit. Still, I'm happy to hear that Bert and Ernie are making a comeback together (and acting like their old selves, too). I have a hard time imagining Sesame Street without those characters; even the test shows from mid-1969 included them. :frown::stick_out_tongue: Although the new sketches use claymation instead of puppets, I don't consider that an insult to Henson's memory. He also created claymation and cartoons during Sesame Street's early years, after all!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
It wouldnt REPLACE but maybe it could be as popular as Elmo's World. Nothing I think could replace Elmo's World at the moment though. (sighs)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well remember, they TRIED Journey to Ernie, and apparently, it tanked.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Well remember, they TRIED Journey to Ernie, and apparently, it tanked.

True enough, but "Journey to Ernie" was pretty predictable; it had no real plot (big mistake #1), and it kept Ernie separated from Bert (big mistake #2). The "Great Adventures" clip in the preview felt more like the Bert/Ernie sketches I saw as a kid, so it might have more staying power.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Although the new sketches use claymation instead of puppets, I don't consider that an insult to Henson's memory. He also created claymation and cartoons during Sesame Street's early years, after all!
And clay figures used for animation are called "Puppets." Besides... we got 2-D traditional animated Muppets (Little Muppet Monsters, Muppet Babies, Fraggle Rock, the opening credits to FTB...), and CGI Muppets (the twiddlebugs). This would be the first official clay muppet production (Robot Chicken and Stankervision don't count).

True enough, but "Journey to Ernie" was pretty predictable; it had no real plot (big mistake #1), and it kept Ernie separated from Bert (big mistake #2). The "Great Adventures" clip in the preview felt more like the Bert/Ernie sketches I saw as a kid, so it might have more staying power.
I give them credit for trying to make it better the last 2 seasons it was on. That first version was brutal, repetitive, and the addition of "bonus clips" lenghtened the segment too too much. In fact, I think they got everything the way it should have been just before they ended it. Journey to Bert, the apperance of Bob in the B museum... they really wanted to make it a lot better than it had been.

Reminds me of Legion of Superheroes. It was dull and uninterresting, lacking direction in season 1, but season 2 made the show interresting... and it was cancelled.

fleecenotfelt

Reaction score
omg, i think the claymation bert and ernie are suuuppperrrr cute! i like it b/c it allows bert and ernie to do things that they can't do in puppet form (aka, full body shots!) and wear cute costumes.

i'm just worried that it won't take. and if no one likes it, i bet it'll get pulled. after all, stop animation is mega expensive!