The Next Movie for Frank Oz

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Exactly. I can't really blame Frank Oz for expanding his horizons. It's not like the Muppets have been extremely active the last couple of years. Sure we had the stuff last year, but besides those, what could Frank Oz as Piggy do? Hollywood Squares? Other small talk show appearances with nothing to promote? I think Frank has earned a break from doing nothing.

And if he feels he's done doing the Muppets when they do become active again, well, let's support Eric Jacobson and the new generation of Muppeteers.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2

And if he feels he's done doing the Muppets when they do become active again, well, let's support Eric Jacobson and the new generation of Muppeteers.
HERE HERE!

I have always said that we need to be supportive of new Muppeteers, even if they are doing characters than we were used to hearing with their original performers. I'm not going to get into all of my feelings, but they were best summed up in the IAVMMC Thread from a few months back. If you're interested, you can probably fish it up in my posts history.

As for the Stepford Wives remake: I remember hearing about it a while back, but it was kind of pushed under the carpet and not talked about after that one post. I thought the project might have been cancelled. I'm very glad it isn't. I thought "The Score" was phenominal, so I'm anxious to see Frank's next cinematic endever. :smile:

-Matt

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
I thought "The Score" was phenominal, so I'm anxious to see Frank's next cinematic endever.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to STEPFORD. They've got a good cast lined up with a great director and solid material. Me thinks with a properly tooled script, this could shape up to be a real winner next spring.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoyRaisin2
Exactly. I can't really blame Frank Oz for expanding his horizons. It's not like the Muppets have been extremely active the last couple of years. Sure we had the stuff last year, but besides those, what could Frank Oz as Piggy do? Hollywood Squares? Other small talk show appearances with nothing to promote? I think Frank has earned a break from doing nothing.

I agree.

Frank is one of my favorite directors. I didn't get to see "The Score", although it does sound great (here's hoping it comes on TV soon!), and am also looking forward to Stepford. Sure, we miss him playing his characters regularly, but, he's already stated that he does come back for a small period each year. He spends 10% of his time with the Muppets. Then he has all that time he has to devote to his films, AND he has a family too. 10% of all that is alot! I like what scarecroe said earlier, "shame on Frank Oz for following his dreams and making Jim proud." I think he's doing just fine.

And, we have performers who are now good enough to fill those shoes. They'll never be as good as Frank, but they come pretty darn close, and, as Cantus said, we need to support them too.