1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The "Next Muppet on Family Guy" thread

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by muppet maniac, Oct 2, 2006.

1. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

As requested by someone in the "Another Muppet Reference on Family Guy" thread, here it is, as he suggested...

We all know that Family Guy has featured many Muppet/Sesame references and "parodied" incarnations of well-known characters. So far the characters who have appeared are Kermit, Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, The Count, Cookie, Bunsen, Statler and Waldorf(Beaker was spoofed and Piggy was seen as a stuffed doll in another ep). So now let's start to make bets on who will appear in upcoming episodes of Family Guy. . SS, TMS, FR..and so on.

I will start:

*SESAME STREET: Oscar the Grouch
    *THE MUPPET SHOW: The Swedish Chef
    *Possibly another Fraggle Rock reference/spoof
    *Muppet Babies(?)
    *Any more more Muppet movie refs?(TMTM?)

...your turn. :) :grouchy: :smirk:
  2. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I really ought to start watching that show...
  3. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Let's see, I would love to see a Fozzie reference, and maybe a Fraggle reference where Peter is a Gorg. That would be freakin sweet.

Daniel
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  4. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

I'd love to see the show do a parody of Sesame Street News. After Peter introduces the flashback (he could say something like "this is even better than that Sesame Street News report!") it would cut to the NEWS FLASH title card we all know with its theme music (and maybe Jerry Nelson could do the announcer voice!) and then Kermit the Frog in his reporter outfit (voiced by Frank Welker, or even better, Steve Whitmire!) would report on something, maybe even relating to the episode! This parody would only last 45 to 60 seconds. Maybe he could report that the Three Bears (including Baby Bear) killed Goldilocks, or something like that, or the Big Bad Wolf has eaten Little Red Riding Hood (it would probably be a generic-looking wolf and not the Sesame Street wolf puppets they used).

Or maybe they could feature a scene with the Great Gonzo trying to perform a crazy stunt. That would be sweet! I'd also love to see Fozzie Bear on the show. If their regular voice actors (Seth MacFarlene, etc.) can't do the voice well, they could hire Greg Berg ( Baby Fozzie).

Another skit I'd like to see is Grover killing Elmo, because Elmo destroyed Grover's reputation as being the cute, furry educational and most-used monster (with Eric Jacobson or Frank Oz voicing Grover)
  5. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I'm going to put money on the idea that there will be a Fraggle Rock mention or appearance somewhere within one of the next three episodes. :excited:
  6. Teheheman

OR better yet, they can have Kermit as a special reporter on Channel 6 news or where there's an anchor strike and Tom Tucker says "Who are they gonna get to replace me?" and they'll have Animal and the Count on and Animal will say "BIG CRASH ON HIGHWAY TODAY!!" and the Count would say, there were 1 car, 2 cars, 3 cars, 4 cars. then it fades into 58 cars, 59 cars 60 cars involved. Ha ha ha. or they can go with the story while that's going on, and when the Count is done, Animal will bite him or start attacking.

Daniel
  7. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I'm loving the fraggle rock idea I'm for peter the gorg and a trash heap joke all the way!! man I love Family guy so much best show in years!
  8. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

They Should have a Parody Version of Animal in Rehab. That would be Funny!
  9. Teheheman

They already did a thing on Cookie Monster in rehab, and I thought that was fricken hilarious. Especially when he was free-basing cookie dough in the bathroom later in the episode.

Daniel
  10. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

More classic SS bits refs? like the one where a girl goes to buy "a loaf of bread, a container of milk and a stick of butter"

But really I would like to see the entire (classic) SS gang together-including Oscar, Grover and Snuffy(all who have not appeared yet, and they should)

*Miss Piggy? I know they already had her as a prop

*Rowlf? Scooter? Newsman maybe? You could also have Peter saying that he used to be part of the Electric Mayhem as the drummer. Think about that. :halo:

But the ones Ive got pictured in my head right now are these: 1) Oscar as a homeless guy...and 2)maybe another Kermit appearance(BTW, I looked at the official FG website and the calendar said that the rest of the new season wont start until 2007. So yeah more waiting)...
  11. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

Oh I got one, Maybe you could have Crazy Harry on Crack making twice as many crazy Explosions.
  12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

A Terrorist detainie joke would work better... pretty obvious, though.
  13. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

I haven't seen FG in a long time since they started showing baseball and my brother took the dvd's to college:sympathy:
  14. Teheheman

The new ones start Nov. 5th on FOX. I won't be watching unfortunatly, I got a previous engagement.

Daniel
  15. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Any last guesses? Tonights the return of FG and to see if there is a Muppet reference and who's closest.
  16. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

HA! I called it!!!!! They said "Fraggle I-rock"! :excited:
  17. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

OOOH< That's what it was. Fraggle I-Raq. Now it makes sense.
  18. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

AUGH! Of course they decide to reference as SOON as I go to eat dinner!! *mutters* Ah well, I'll catch the [adult swim] reruns...As always...
  19. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

American Dad reference, too...

Did anyone see American Dad? There was an Ernie and Bert reference...but I won't go into detail about it. (Don't want to get in trouble with the mods here).:p :(

And yes! "Fraggl-I-Raq" was such a great surprise!

One of the Family Guy writers must be reading these threads! With all the reaction to the latest references, I've noticed more and more Henson-related references the more we talk about 'em! Think about it. Statler and Waldorf, Fraggle Rock, Kermit (twice!) and Cookie Monster in the most recent episodes (not to mention the Electric Company reference!)

To quote Vic,
    "I'm now convinced Seth MacFarlane is a member here!"

I'm beginning to wonder myself...

Convincing John
  20. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I liked last night's Fraggle I-Rock reference. They could have shown a clip there.