1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The "Next Muppet on Family Guy" thread

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by muppet maniac, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Muppet Central: Matchmaking crazy couples since 1998ish

Daniel

2. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

So do you think the Family Guy writer who supposidly checks here will ever tell us who they are?

3. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

oh no I agree 100% with that lol but the jim comment was a bit much...it was his choice of religion that kept him from doing what he really should with dr's not ignoring what dr.'s told him so that sort of botherd me.

4. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

oh no I agree 100% with that lol but the jim comment was a bit much...it was his choice of religion that kept him from doing what he really should with dr's not ignoring what dr.'s told him so that sort of botherd me.

Ive heard that. And I have to admit, I was sorta well...irked. I thought he SHOULD HAVE gone to the doctor immediately. Then he would still be here with us today. If only. (sigh)

So do you think the Family Guy writer who supposidly checks here will ever tell us who they are?

...or MAYBE, the "writer" (or writers) COULD be...one of us! (Twilight Zone music)

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I was thinking they could do one where he bombs on stage and shouts the N word, ala Kramer. That seems like pushing the envelope, like most of their refferences. Kinda in poor taste, but I've got an eye for what they'd write (I really want to apply to write for that show, actually).

Here's another one... Peter eats sticks from a doozer stick building, and the Doozer says something like:

DOozer: What? What the h@#$ are you doing?

Peter: I'm hungry, and I just thought...

Doozer: I've been working on that for weeks now. So you thought you could just come up and eat it?

Peter: I thought that was the thing to do!

Doozer: Oh! You Thought! You thought! Yeah! Well, never mind that, Fat @^^! Now the strcutural integrity is shot. I'll have to start all over! Can't you stop feeding your d&&& face already?

Peter: HEY! That was uncalled for, you little... what are you anyway? Some kinda Gnome or something?

Doozer: I'll tell you what I am, ^$%^&#! I'm gonna kick your ^&%.

Peter: Jeez! Settle down.

6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with that. As well as Steve and Eric and all the new guys are doing, Henson was pretty much irreplacable. I did think the joke was funny though. I must be a bad boy for saying that. Lol.

7. TheJimHensonHour

hahahahaahahahaha priceless!

8. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

That would be so cool , at one point i would love to see Miss Piggy and kermit somewhere together that would be so mcuh fun ,:)

9. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

What religion was that?

10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well it wasn't that simple. It wasn't apparent right away how serious his condition was, as I understand it. It seemed like just a really bad cold. A lot of people wouldn't go to the doctor right away for that. (Not that I want to start a debate :) ).

11. muppet baby

Who knows what really happened a lot of doctors miss things but don't want to admit it .

12. TheJimHensonHour

Christian Science.

13. TheJimHensonHour

yes I've also heard rumors that Jim died of the same thing Richard Hunt died of...but like I'm saying it was only a rumor but you sort of have to think it was really not that well known back then and allot of people died from "it".
    I'm not trying to start anything just say what I've heard.:D

14. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Jim actually died from pnamonia. The bcateria from it grew in his body of something.

15. muppet baby

i thought i had read that some where a couple of years ago i am just sad that jim is not with us any more i had a lot of great years left . such a wonderful talent .

16. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

Okay, I finally saw the episode "The Tan Aquatic With Steve Zissou" and started laughing so hard when Fozzie started talking. He sounded sounded like James Earl Jones as Darth Vader.

17. muppet baby

Very true MuppetMarc that is sooooooo true everytime that i see that one eposide also great one same thing with kermit on family guy :)

18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here's a funny thing. Check out the DVD "Stewie Griffin the Untold story" and watch the commentary. During the end credits, Seth M makes a refference to the Great Muppet Caper when he reads the credits.

19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, I've seen that. It's so hilarious!:zany:

20. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but on the third disk for Family guy Volume 4 the Statler and Waldorf from the episode "Petergeist" appear in a character rotation on the menu, it's totally cool! :boo: :sleep: