The "Next Muppet on Family Guy" thread

Teheheman

Reaction score
lol, I swear they are. It seems to be that they are making a lot of different Muppet Show parodies now on that show than they ever have before

Daniel

Frogster

Reaction score
I've just got done talking to a friend here on the forum, and we both agreed that the people from Family Guy, especially Seth McFarlane, have GOT to be members on here... not a whole lotta people outside of us fans remember how Henson died. I think it's cool that McFarlane agrees with the views that I have. Remember this isn't the first time Family Guy's pointed out how bad the Muppets are... does "What's his appeal?" ring a bell? LOL It was an awesome show tonight, and I enjoyed every minute of it, from how pathetic of a parent Britney Spears is to why Fran Drescher should never be able to find work in film again.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure that fans from that era know how he died. If nothing else, a writer might have written that. I guess we'll have to wait for the DVD to come out with the commentary to find out.

Daniel

Vic Romano

Reaction score
One of the greatest FG episodes EVER! Luke and I are currently trying to figure what FG writer haunts these boards!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
yeah I saw it was sort of offended by stewies comment..but I guess jim being brought up is better than no jim and the muppets at all..oh and btw he said wrong sounding muppets not raw.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh wrong sounding, that makes more sense!

::shrugs:: Obviously it was a bit of a stinging joke, sometimes Family Guy can be very harsh. But I personally won't disagree with "wrong sounding muppets" (not so much referring to voice recasts, but just in general).

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that it was the fact that they don't sound nor act like they did in the past, and that's not the fault of the actors doing it, it's mostly the writing. BUT, you can never have it like the good old days, I don't think that they meant to offend, I think that they were saying that the Muppets have lost what they once had, and that's kinda true.

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right, I think when something's past its moment in time, it's nearly impossible to get it back. That's what makes it classic and special, that it can't just be repeated. I'm amazed and kinda gratified that someone on Family Guy recognized that.