The Next Step: The Fifth and Final Rowlf Story

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here is the teaser for my final Rowlf story. You know I always have to start my stories off with just a preview of what's to come. There is much to be explored in this story, much is going to take place, but I cannot continue it past this story so everything will be resolved in this story. Some things may seem shocking at different points, all I can say is, stick with me, have I ever let a story end unhappily before? Conflict makes a good story, we all know that. So, with that, I will shut up now and give you the prologue.

Prologue:

“Final call for flight 123 to Hensonville, boarding now” came a loudspeaker in a crowded Florida airport.

“Come on dear, that’s us,” said Wanda the cat to her new husband Rowlf.

“Sorry, I just wanted to pick up one more little souvenir for Robin,” said Rowlf grabbing their bags and walking through the gate with Wanda.

“Boy, you must love that kid, he’s not even your nephew,” said Wanda as they began to find their seats.

“He’s a pretty special kid, I’ve known him from the time he was born thanks to my relationship with Kermit,” said Rowlf.

“It’s ok, I think it’s cute. Robin’s lucky to have an uncle type figure like you,” said Wanda.

“Well, I’ve always had big shoes to fill, but I do my best,” said Rowlf obviously referring to Kermit.

They sat down and the plane took off.

“It will be nice to get back to the boarding house, back to the show. This was a great trip though,” said Rowlf.

“Yeah, it will be nice to get back,” said Wanda almost in a daze.

“What are you thinking about?” asked Rowlf.

“Remember when were leaving for the honeymoon and we heard our mothers shout out something about grandkids? Seeing you care so much about Robin just reminded me of that,” said Wanda.

“Ok, we’re going to have the kids talk then?” asked Rowlf putting the words "kids talk" in quotation marks.

“Well, have we really ever discussed it?” asked Wanda.

“Not exactly,” said Rowlf beginning to squirm a little bit.

“I’m sorry, I’m making you uncomfortable,” said Wanda.

“No, I’m sorry, it’s not that. It’s just a lot to think about. I mean, I never expected myself to even be the marrying type and now here we are. I could take to parenthood the same way,” said Rowlf.

“There’s a lot to consider, who knows if it’s even possible for us?” said Wanda.

“Maybe we should look into options when we get home, I don’t know how soon you want to do this,” said Rowlf.

“Well, who knows how long any sort of process could take. I agree, we should at least look into the options,” said Wanda.

"I think you'd make a great mom," said Rowlf.

"Well, I think you'd make a great dad," said Wanda.

They smiled at each other satisfied with where things were going and settled in to enjoy the flight home.

Across the country another flight was also boarding for Hensonville from California. A young girl, probably in her teens was fidgeting slightly. She was nervous about where she was going and also excited. Her mother told her she should always take chances and worry about the outcome later, but she’d never know unless she tried.

“Here goes nothing,” she said to herself as the plane started down the runway for takeoff.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Interesting and intriguing at the same time. Hearing Rowlf and Wanda having the "kids talk", that reminds me of this news article from Brazil a while back. But would they be cuppies or ditties...
And this young girl flying off to Hensonville, I'm itching to know who she could be.

Beth, please... Post more soonerishkibbbible!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yes, cuppies or ditties, cogs or dats, it is one of the issues that must be worked out. All will be revealed sooner or later. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
...OOOOOOOOOOH!! I WANT TO KNOW WHO THAT GIRL IS!!! *bounces* GREAT start so far Beth! Can't wait for more!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, very exciting! I'd vote for adoption myself, but you never know. I'm also waiting at the edge of my seat to find out who that girl is! More please?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Vote for adoption? Didn't even know he was running. *Small joke.
Yes... I vote for more story... Soon? Please? Ish?
And remember to vote for Piggy for president!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey! No campaigning in my story!

Just kidding, vote for Grover!

Ok, ok, enough muffins. There will probably be more story a little bit later today. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter One:

“Home again, home again, jiggity jig,” said Rowlf grabbing the last of Wanda and his bags out of the cab they took to the boarding house.

“It sure is nice to be back. It’s quiet though, did everyone forget we were coming back today?” asked Wanda.

“Just wait until we get inside, I’m sure they’re around,” said Rowlf.

They opened the door and were greeted by more silence.

“Strange,” commented Rowlf as they walked around.

“Woo-hoo! You rock Kermit!” came some voices from the game room.

“Wonder what’s going on in there?” asked Wanda.

They walked in and found the entire Muppet clan gathered around the TV. watching Floyd and Kermit duke it out in Guitar Hero.

“Look at that Floyd, I got a higher score than you,” said Kermit as they finished the song.

“Hey man, you’re a worthy opponent, seems your banjo playing has done you some good all these years,” said Floyd taking off his guitar and shaking Kermit’s hand.

“Hello, we’re back,” said Rowlf. No one seemed to hear him.

“I want a turn on the game!” exclaimed Robin.

“Ooh, me too, me too!” said Fozzie.

“Honeymooners in the house,” said Rowlf. Again, no one paid any attention to him.

“Robin, you’ll get your turn in a minute, you have to be patient,” said Kermit.

“Ok Uncle Kermit,” said Robin.

“I want to play while suspended from the ceiling so all the notes look upside down and backwards!” exclaimed Gonzo.

“Does anyone want some PRESENTS?” yelled Rowlf above the craziness.

“Rowlf! Wanda! You’re back!” exclaimed Fozzie.

“Presents? Did you bring presents for moi?” asked Piggy.

“What did you get me?” asked Robin.

“Sure, you all just love us because we brought presents. Don’t you want to know if we had a good time?” asked Wanda.

“You can spare us those details, we want the goods!” said Clifford.

“Oh all right, come on up front guys, we’ve got something for everyone!” exclaimed Rowlf.

He and Wanda handed out gifts and were tackled with hugs and thank yous. Wanda smiled as she watched Rowlf take great care in giving Robin his presents. He might not think he’d make a good parent, but she knew in her heart that he really would, it was obvious just by looking at the exchange between him and the young frog.

Rowlf caught her eye and winked at her as he gave Robin another hug. He knew what she was thinking. Maybe now was the time to start thinking about starting a family. He’d have to talk to Kermit later; he knew his old friend would probably be full of advice and opinions on this subject.

The young girl exited the plane, collected her luggage and stepped out on the streets of Hensonville.

She surveyed her surroundings, got a map of the town and set off for her first destination. She was not going to the place that was her reason for coming here. She knew she had to take her time, get familiar with the town and even do a little investigating to know she had made the right decision. For now, she would just blend in.

She would have to find a place to stay in the meantime, so she found the Fuzzy Feet Hotel on the map and set off to settle in, at least for the first night.

After a very crazy and chaotic dinner of everyone bombarding Rowlf and Wanda with questions about their trip, Rowlf retreated to the front deck with a beverage hoping Kermit would join him.

The bonds of friendship certainly run deep because Kermit sensed his friend wanted to talk even before dinner was over and without Rowlf saying anything. He grabbed his own beverage and joined Rowlf on the deck.

“What’s up?” asked Kermit.

“Robin,” said Rowlf.

“My nephew? Shouldn’t he be in bed by now?” joked Kermit.

“You’re spending too much time with Fozzie again,” said Rowlf.

“Every Friday,” said Kermit.

“Right,” said Rowlf.

“Left,” said Kermit.

“Sideways, March, May. Got it. Now that we’ve got that out of our systems,” said Rowlf.

“Sorry, I know you’re trying to tell me something,” said Kermit.

“Yeah. Ok, so do you ever feel like Robin is enough for you? You’ve been his primary caregiver for most of his life even though he’s just your nephew, but do you ever hope for more?” asked Rowlf.

“You mean like kids of my own?” asked Kermit.

“Yeah,” said Rowlf.

“Well, I’ll tell you, there are times when I’m back at the swamp and everyone in my family is in their little clumps and I go, gee, I wish I had that. But I’ve been very blessed to have Robin here,” said Kermit.

“Yeah, he’s a special little kid,” said Rowlf.

“Also, I’m in a good place with Piggy for the most part, you know I really care about her even though I like to torment her into thinking I don’t sometimes. I don’t want to mess that up right now by really even thinking about kids,” said Kermit.

“That’s a good point,” said Rowlf.

“But, that’s me. This isn’t really about me is it?” asked Kermit.

“No, it’s not about you. It’s about Wanda and me. She brought it up on the plane ride home. I don’t know how serious she is but she said whatever we decide, to have our own or to adopt or whatever, the process could take awhile,” said Rowlf.

“That is true, if you have your own I’m pretty sure medical intervention will be necessary. If you adopt, there are evaluations and paperwork and it can take a really long time,” said Kermit.

“Thing is, I told Wanda, just a little over a year ago I didn’t even see myself as the marrying kind and now here we are. I think I might actually be ready to be a parent. I can’t tell you how much I missed Robin while we were gone, that’s why I spoiled him with so many gifts when we got back,” said Rowlf.

“Yeah, you’re making me look bad,” chuckled Kermit.

“Anyway, what I guess I’m wondering is, do you think I can do it?” asked Rowlf.

“You are wonderful with Robin, just between you and me and the doorpost, I trust you with him more than anyone else here when I’m not around. And you’re already a great husband to Wanda even in the first few days. You’re a good brother and a good son to your family. I think that you’d be an excellent father,” said Kermit.

“Thanks man, I appreciate that,” said Rowlf.

“So that only leaves one question,” said Kermit.

“What’s that?” asked Rowlf.

“Ditties or kuppies?” asked Kermit trying to keep a straight face.

“The bear, you have got to stop spending so much time with the bear!” exclaimed Rowlf and jumped up to give his friend a playful punch and a hug.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beth said:
“What’s up?” asked Kermit.

“Robin,” said Rowlf.

“My nephew? Shouldn’t he be in bed by now?” joked Kermit.

“You’re spending too much time with Fozzie again,” said Rowlf.

“Every Friday,” said Kermit.

“Right,” said Rowlf.

“Left,” said Kermit.

“Sideways, March, May. Got it. Now that we’ve got that out of our systems,” said Rowlf.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Now that I've got that out of my system... :wink: I LOVED it!! So great! Kermit was AWESOME! And I liked the whole present thing, too, very funny.

More please!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Now if I could just get your other half to come and squee like that my life would be complete. Just kidding, but glad you liked it! :smile: