The Nicktoon Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I just found one of the pilots to Angry Beavers and it illustrates my point about how important the eeeemprovah-ZAAAAY-SHEEawnn (as Norbert would say) between Richard and Nick was in the series.

Here, Mitchell Whitfield was the original performer of Norb, and the lack of the character being over the top sticks out like a sore tail. Richard is still hamming it up and doing some funny bits, but with a more laid back Norb, things just don't feel the tame...(ftzz)game...(ftzz)SAME.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm glad Norbert got a unique design in the show, too, rather than just a re-color of Daggett.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Speaking of FOP, how often is Vicky still on? She's still in the opening theme, and yet Crocker understandably became more of the main antagonist later on.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Crocker became the guy who lives and despises his mother.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad Norbert got a unique design in the show, too, rather than just a re-color of Daggett.
And that worked out also for the best, otherwise we wouldn't have seen that great episode where they both look for their "real" brothers. Then leaving Norbert with someone more insufferable than himself and played by David Ogden Stiers. Saw that one again a week ago on "The Splat" and just loved the heck out of that one.

Plus, it's funnier that Norb looks all fluffed up and prim and styled while Dag looks like a wet rat.

charlietheowl

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
The thing about Roger Rabbit is that if you took away the crossover characters, you'd still have a strong story about Toon racism and covert machinations of corrupt corporate entities. Sure, it's great to see that awesome piano battle between Daffy and Donald, but the film can still hold its own with just Eddie, Jessica, Roger, and Doom. Same thing with Wreck-it Ralph. The outside licensed video game characters were secondary. Take them all out of the movie, and you still have a strong storyline about alienation and wanting to belong.

What I'm saying is, I agree that it needs a stronger plot than "look at how many characters are co-mingling." Sure, I'd love to see the multiple characters on the big screen, but why are they together? Are they all going to retain their specific looks and animation styles (very important with Ren and Stimpy)?