The Noggin edits...

hooperdusty

Reaction score
I know that Noggin appeared to have edited out around 6 minutes of some episodes that they aired.

I hate to think that some priceless footage got shoved aside (classic Muppet clip, another street scene, groovy cartoon?)

I know what got edited out of the first show and the "death" episode, but how about some of the others?

I know in the first few seasons, many times segments would be repeated twice, sometimes even three times within the same show. But as the years went by, they didn't do that anymore. I'm hoping that Noggin just cut off stuff that appears in another Noggin episode.

Ya dig?

HooperDusty

furryfella

Reaction score
hooperdusty said:
I know that Noggin appeared to have edited out around 6 minutes of some episodes that they aired.

I hate to think that some priceless footage got shoved aside (classic Muppet clip, another street scene, groovy cartoon?)

I know what got edited out of the first show and the "death" episode, but how about some of the others?

I know in the first few seasons, many times segments would be repeated twice, sometimes even three times within the same show. But as the years went by, they didn't do that anymore. I'm hoping that Noggin just cut off stuff that appears in another Noggin episode.

Ya dig?

HooperDusty
I hear Ya Hopper! I wish they would have shown the Rest of Season7 But they didn't!

Dantecat

Reaction score
Why did they really really really haf edit a few or so skits? Huh? Because this is really strange!!!!!

ssetta

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it was because the PBS shows were too long for Noggin, and so they could get more promos and segments in between shows.

Censored

Reaction score
I wonder if some edits were for content too. In the Ernie and Bert skit where Ernie recites his numbers and keeps starting over, the final part where Bert bangs his head against the table was cut out. (Presumably because they feared kids would copy it). It wasn't that much time lost, but I wonder if there were other censored gags that shaved off more time.

astrotrain

Reaction score
Editing Sesame Street!?

First they edit the old MGM Cartoons (droopy, ect), then censors get ahold of the WB Cartoons (Bugs bunny, etc).

Now your telling me that they edited Sesame Street? I for one thought they
would edit the Three Stooges first. If they did that the Stooges would be
cut down to intro and outro segments thats it.

But to edit for say Bert hitting his head on the table? American Censorship is worrying to much over the little pettie things. They need to lighten up on
the kids shows and go after more crappy shows on TV during prime time that have wifes and husbands cheating on each other, these "Reality" Shows that just about do everything that anyone could think of (especially the FOX Reality Shows).

They need to leave the 50+ years of children's programming and cartoons alone. They survived all this time without some Censor's hands blotting out what they don't seem fit.

I want to see the shows that I remeber growing up as a kid intact to enjoy with my children. Not some 'hacked-up' version.

There's my .02 worth... I'll get off my soap box now.

Astrotrain

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
at least the edits arent noticable if its your first time viewing the episode. it'd be a little furstrating to see Bert and Ernie tlaking then it suddenly jumps to the middle of a cartoon.

chpoof

Reaction score
Astrotrain,

Just wanted to say that I'm with you 150% on that one. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I loved watching Sesame Street, Bugs Bunny, Batman, and all those types of shows growing up. Funny, even though Wile E. Coyote fell off cliffs all the time, I had enough common sense as a kid to realize (duh!) it's a cartoon, not real life. I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I was as an adult when I would get up on Saturday mornings, eager to watch those Warner Bros. cartoons I loved as a kid, only to find them edited to the point where many of the skits didn't even make sense.

Just to reiterate your point: If the censors want something to do, go after that modern-day garbage they call "entertainment," which I personally feel is what's really doing damage nowadays. Leave the classics alone.